WIP Map Thread

Maria Theresa take her revenge on Fritz, whose kingdom was stripped of everything apart of Brandenburg itself and part of Pomerania. Sweden reclaim Stettin, Russia took Prussia (and switch for Courland), Saxony Magdeburg. Luxembourg was going to Bourbon prince of Parma, while another french prince take Pomerania-Stolp (and later polish crown).
Later, without prussian opposition, Habsburgs cut deal with Wittelsbachs and get Bavaria, while former rulers of it had buffer state between Germany and France on lower Rhine (former A. Netherland, Pfalz, Berg and former prussian territories there).
There was still a war with Ottomans, but here, Austria was doing better and get Belgrade and "Turkish Croatia".
Outside of Europe I know just that France was stil defeated in colonies (but slightly less than OTL, I guess?) and there was still american revolution (not on the map, yet)
Any ideas?

1MariaTheresa Revenge.png

Looking back at Oromia, I think you should kick Gambela Region out, and join that with Nuerdinka. Gambela is Nilotic, while Oromia is Cushitic.

Also, the Blue Nile State in Sudan should be moved to Neurdinka for the same reason.
@erictom333 you also have given parts of Kenya that speak Oromo (and Orma, closely related) to Somalia

ethnoafrica.png

Almost done! I can't seem to find good ethnic maps of Congo(-Brazzaville) or Botswana, and I'm not sure whether to put Ambazonia with Nigeria and Cameroon or set it off as independent.
Edit: Also not sure if I should expand Malawi into Makua-Lomwe.

Last edited:
Soviet aligned switzerland? most surprising

Maybe you could you do something with colours? US and french blue and soviet (puppets) and british pink seems too close for me at least? Just change a shades a bit...?
The difficult to distinguish shades and ambiguity of a Soviet Switzerland are drawbacks of the old color scheme I was using it seems, the next iteration I'll change some things up to prevent confusion!

Dusted off my Batavia map in favor of something different; as with the last one, the borders for Belgium/North Brabant/Limburg originally came from a map by @Frank with the rest added on by me from my Moselrhein map, and now featuring the upper Rheinprovinz. I'm not thrilled with the Rheinprovinz portion yet, but that's what makes it a WIP right now.

Epo_rCFXcAITYXb.png