WIP Map Thread

1605167624758.png

If your talking about Europe /it šut bi dis nat dat ispèšæl wid influens åf lèngwač åf yurip/
No. Simplified English is just what it says on the box, nothing more, nothing less, and tries to be as close to Traditional English in spelling and pronunciation as possible while maintaining consistent orthography and grammar. (Though it does use a few special characters: áéíóú for long vowels and ŋ for the ng sound in ring.)

1605259199741.png

Added all 37 states carved out of Russia (including Crimea), 3 from Kazakhstan, and 1 from Mongolia for a total of 41 new states in Eurasia, totalling 234 states and 4 territories!

View attachment 599895
to be honest, I have no clue where this is going, but at least it's going
Ok. let me have a shot at this.
  • Those gosh flipping Americans invaded Canada during the Napoleonic war.
  • Portugues rump state... based in brazil? Nice Portugues african 'pink map'
  • British rump state based in... India? Australia? New Zealand is a puppet state?
  • not a bloody clue as to what else is happening.

Ok. let me have a shot at this.
  • Those gosh flipping Americans invaded Canada during the Napoleonic war.
  • Portugues rump state... based in brazil? Nice Portugues african 'pink map'
  • British rump state based in... India? Australia? New Zealand is a puppet state?
  • not a bloody clue as to what else is happening.
I was thinking of the British keeping Florida, and not establishing Georgia as a colony (with it being split between Carolina (later SC and NC) and Florida (later Jacksonland and Seminola), with that somehow leading to the Americans getting Quebec on their side, and them treating the Natives better. Napoleon wins in Europe and Africa, but not much elsewhere, with the UK, Portugal, and Spain fleeting to their (remaining) colonies. New Zealand is a protectorate under the Maori, and the rest of the world is pretty much a wip

I was thinking of the British keeping Florida, and not establishing Georgia as a colony (with it being split between Carolina (later SC and NC) and Florida (later Jacksonland and Seminola), with that somehow leading to the Americans getting Quebec on their side, and them treating the Natives better. Napoleon wins in Europe and Africa, but not much elsewhere, with the UK, Portugal, and Spain fleeting to their (remaining) colonies. New Zealand is a protectorate under the Maori, and the rest of the world is pretty much a wip
Sweet. I managed to get most of it right!
Who are the maori?

Naming a state "Jacksonland" seems kind of contradictory to the idea of treating indigenous Americans better, considering OTL Jackson committed genocide against them both as a general in Florida and as president.

Naming a state "Jacksonland" seems kind of contradictory to the idea of treating indigenous Americans better, considering OTL Jackson committed genocide against them both as a general in Florida and as president.
I could do it like A More Perfect Union, and have Jackson be friendlier to the natives, although the only other names I can think of are West Florida (which is redundant, since there is no florida), or something like Gulfland/Mobile. What are your thoughts on it?