WIP Map Thread

Strikes me that the bigass independent Rhineland would be mad unpopular with the Germans, and, frankly, the Rhinelanders themselves.

Its independence is probably temporary, it's under a special league of nations/French mandate, just hard to fit that into the labels on the map. I haven't ironed out the details yet but it will likely rejoin Germany between 1935-1939/1940. It was forcefully detached as a stipulation of Versailles, the French will try to bolster / stir-the-pot of Rhenish nationalism like OTL (though likely to an insufficient degree) and eventually once the specified number of years has elapsed, a plebiscite will be held and it will probably rejoin Germany (like OTL Saarland but bigger). The biggest problems with this are the French (and possibly their allies) maintaining a garrison or occupation force there during this period because of the sheer expense.

A Song of Ice, Fire and War of religions
(aka Game of Thrones meets "OTL" early modern period)
white does not mean necessarily but more unexplored/depopulated areas
ASoIFaRW.png

ASoIFaRW.png

Might as well post this since everything other than the Pacific and Lesser Antilles (and a proper legend) is done. Will also probably later do a map of Portuguese Empire before uniting with the Commonwealth and also show which of the current European Confederation colonies belonged to which nation before formation of the Confederation.

7 megastates (wip).png

What happened to Russia?

They did a rather poor job of gathering allies before getting into the Great Eurasian War with Japan, Britain, and the Ottomans. (The Prussians and Austrians got involved when it was all over but the shouting, to "restore order" in Russian Poland - i.e., prevent an independent Poland emerging from the post-war chaos. Prussia nabbed some extra bits just for the lols.)

British Turkestan! How could they defend it?

Space and time - not so much a matter of acquiring valuable possessions as of pushing Russia's borders as far from India as possible after the Great Eurasian war. (And, admittedly, there were quite a few British officials who were, less rationally, tickled pink at the notion of a Great Game victory with bells on.)

xsampa

Banned
They did a rather poor job of gathering allies before getting into the Great Eurasian War with Japan, Britain, and the Ottomans. (The Prussians and Austrians got involved when it was all over but the shouting, to "restore order" in Russian Poland - i.e., prevent an independent Poland emerging from the post-war chaos. Prussia nabbed some extra bits just for the lols.)

Space and time - not so much a matter of acquiring valuable possessions as of pushing Russia's borders as far from India as possible after the Great Eurasian war. (And, admittedly, there were quite a few British officials who were, less rationally, tickled pink at the notion of a Great Game victory with bells on.)
Gotta do a TL that features The Great British Anatolia-Persia-Turkestan-Tibet-Siam-Gwongdoong Railway with a Dominion of Yangtzeland

The climate map of an alternate west coast I'm doing but lost some interest after managing to do California and friends
1603660236517.png

(Key is, like most of my climate maps, Köppens climate classification)

Last edited:
Working on a commission for the first time in many years. The PoD is an American Empire that conquered Canada in 1812 as well as Mexico and Central America at a later, unspecified point. The Civil War is also avoided. I've also added two Easter Eggs for my own enjoyment ;)

HX4jb0L.png

Thoughts?
I like it.
I agree with the thoughts about the borders however.
Couple of other thoughts;
Newfoundland was independent of Canada, could this have been kept by Britain?
Texas could be bigger if it joined the US voluntarily or a lot smaller if it had to be conquered. Would be interesting to get clarification from your commissioner.
Independent Yucatan as a vassal state?
Belize & other British interests in central America? Could they have increased as a result of the wars?

Lastly, I don't recognize the base-map, can I get a copy and is it a world map you have cut down?

I like it.
I agree with the thoughts about the borders however.
Couple of other thoughts;
Newfoundland was independent of Canada, could this have been kept by Britain?
Texas could be bigger if it joined the US voluntarily or a lot smaller if it had to be conquered. Would be interesting to get clarification from your commissioner.
Independent Yucatan as a vassal state?
Belize & other British interests in central America? Could they have increased as a result of the wars?

As I understand it, all of OTL Canada was conquered in 1812, including Newfoundland. Likewise, I gather that Texas followed the same trajectory as in OTL, only with all of Mexico following it into the US after the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848. Yucatan is a a territory, but like most of Mexico it's fraught with resistance towards increased Yankeesation :)

g1SGvmu.jpg

(Please disregard The North Pacific Coean and the missing city names in Texas and Hispaniola).

Lastly, I don't recognize the base-map, can I get a copy and is it a world map you have cut down?

It's probably because it was generated using QGis and a custom projection web-page :) I'm not sure if it'll be any use to you, but I could send the blank map with rivers and lakes etc?

Last edited:
NewTo2WW2(1948)WW3.png

Got this done, finally
Now I get to work on the European theater, only issue I have is how I want to do it. I was thinking about maybe learning how to do a time-lapse sort of or just a static image with some descriptions.