WIP Map Thread

Calafornia.png

View attachment 566164
Finished China + bonus Japan.
It doesn't really make sense to separate those urban areas from the rest of China. They are all more tied to their regional identity than to people from other major Chinese cities. Really, Beijing and Tianjin should be part of the Mandarin state, and Shanghai part of the Wu state (Shanghainese is actually the prestige dialect of Wu). Shenzhen is a special case but it should also really be part of the Mandarin country.

There's also a lot of justification for having all of the Chinese dialects be part of the same state, since the PRC has focused on destroying local separatism among Han, but leaving it as multiple countries like this isn't necessarily wrong.

Also your "Mongolia" actually has a Han Chinese majority, as about 6.4 Mongols live in that area compared to 6.6 Han Chinese

Last edited:
This is a WIP OTL map of the Isle of Youth, an island off the coast of Cuba (of which it is part of), that I am working on as a commission:

de1c2ur-3ed05964-fff9-443b-b74c-5b3c75ec4edf.png

Last edited:
an adaptation of @CyberPhoenix001's scenario I Wish I Wasn't In Dixie, nearing completion
dnm_v2.png

at this point I think the map itself is finished (barring minor revisions). I'd like to add points of interest, though, so if anybody's got questions about any particular part I'd really appreciate it if you pointed them out so I can write notes for them. the reason I ask is that while I know what I want to explain, I don't know how people seeing this for the first time would react and I want to try to respond to that.

also, yknow, I'd just appreciate any feedback in general

Last edited:
I'd like to add points of interest, though, so if anybody's got questions about any particular part I'd really appreciate it if you pointed them out so I can write notes for them.
In regards to points of interest, I think that what appears to be an occupied northern Chad, war in New Guinea and Bengal, and that independent state between Serbia and Hungary, are the most interesting areas at first glance.
As for the map itself, the color scheme and internal borders mesh quite well.

Hey guys,
I hope everyone is doing good today. I reworked a map previously post on this thread.
potentialWORLDAtaleof2.png

This is the reworked version. ^
potentialWORLDAtaleof2old.png

This is the old version ^
Somethings I changed.
1. Removed African Nationalist. It felt 'too' unrealistic. I like the idea of a much more violent decolonization, but I can work it out better than slapping a nationalist state down. Now the Belgians are there, for a bit.
2. Removed Rhodesia. It's now part of South Africa.
3. Speaking of South Africa, it's now independent from the UK. As well as all of India.
4. Reworked American Civil War. Removed some unnecessary states, and made it look a little nicer (I hope.)
5. Removed Occitania. It was unnecessary, so Vichy France.
6. Reworked British, Italian, and German borders and puppets. To make it look nicer.
I'll probably post a follow up map and maybe make a thread for the rest of them. Not sure.

This is a WiP which is in its early stages, with only North America completed. The basic premise is that the United Kingdom and its native allies decidedly win the War of 1812, leading to the creation of the Confederated Tribes of Indiana as a British client state, as well as the annexation of the Louisiana Purchase as a direct British colony and of the US states of Massachussets, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania by the British (this is admittedly very implausible, but whatever).

I'm pretty sure that actually gives Americans an outright majority of the population in Canada/BNA, looks nice though

You should definitely include the smaller ethnic entities in Myanmar, @erictom333 , also, why aren't the Banjarese counted distinctly? Also, can you explain your coloration in Meghalaya and Kashmir?

Edit: I figured out Meghalaya. The similarity in color to Assam was throwing me off.

Last edited:
TrHGR7O.png

the map ive been having so much trouble with. The british isles are ahistorical but france is meant to be historical. its currently just an iteration on existing work and not at all accurate. you know there are like 3+ conflicting renditions of the burgundian netherlands floating around on the historical q-bam thread?

The Mentality of the Populace.png

Part of an attempt to make an at least semi-serious scenario out of an inherently ridiculous source as a challenge to myself. I think I'm doing okay at it so far.