WIP Map Thread

1590294258789.png

Having some fun with EqualA/X. Plan to move to it for some upcoming maps, here's one.

The last project I posted here didn't really pan out very well so here's another one. This comes from a timeline where Christianity never came to overshadow Paganism, there are other differences as well but they aren't very important for this map in particular. The map depicts a reformed Roman Republic where the emphasis is co-rule by Christians and Pagans with religious instutions of both being included in government and some offices being reserved for Pagans or Christians. What each Office is supposed to do is going to be explained in the text that's gonna go next to the map and the graphic. There's also a lil flag.

View attachment 550234
I'm open to criticism as always!
This is really interesting! So I'm assuming the Roman Empire still fell and that this is one of the states which formed following its collapse. What is the religious makeup of Europe generally?

Not pleased with how slow this is taking an how much of it is still not, but at least there's some progress: Europe 1905 (1847 POD). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Not pleased with how slow this is taking an how much of it is still not, but at least there's some progress: Europe 1905 (1847 POD). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

unknown.png
Beautiful! But what exactly it is? More succesful revolution? What happened in Germany, Russia, Britain? Why is Silesia, Catalania and Schleswig-Holstein independent?

More succesful 1848 revolution, with independent Hungary and Poland, unified Italy and Germany, republic on British isles, EIC islamified in Peshwar lancers style and surviving Taiping state...
Not sure what to do with Ottoman empire: either they survived as a ally of revolutionary regimes, theres rump Ottoman state as a russian buffer/protectorate in Asia or they collapsed totally.
And heres map
1848.png

This is soooooooooooooooo good.
I assume successful revolutions in 1847-48?

Thanks, means a lot. The POD is that Marx and Engels discover and join the League of the Just earlier in 1847, finishing the Communist manifesto earlier and spreading it across Europe before the 1848 revolutions to... well, the same praise as in OTL, but wider spread. The effect is actually the opposite, with this manifesto being so widespread, the revolutionaries become more divided as people interoperate the work and as a result, there are more revolutions, but they are largely weaker. I'm still working on stuff and even this map is now outdated (the new version has different Swiss borders, German Limburg, and a Dutch PU over East Frisia).

I plan to finish the world map for 1905 and then start a thread for it.

Beautiful! But what exactly it is? More succesful revolution? What happened in Germany, Russia, Britain? Why is Silesia, Catalania and Schleswig-Holstein independent?
Thanks as well, as I said in my reply to Bob Hope, the revolutions are actually weaker, but lay the ground works for more revolutions later on. I'll try to answer your questions now:

Britain: I pretty much just mapped it as in OTL, but the way I'm mapping stuff follows the rules in a WIP color scheme that someone else is working on. I used the historic counties of the Great Britain and gave the counties with special titles or rights a lighter outline, but base fill (indicating they're de facto the same as normal counties.) I showed the ridings of Yorkshire as well. That one Welsh County actually had a weird thing in the 1800's where people just said it was part of England, despite not being so at all. The Only differences are Cornish Autonomy and the revocation of the 1803 Act of Union, returning Ireland to a Kingdom in Personal Union.

Russia: Russia's still largely a WIP, but those chunks of land are how I'm showing the Governor-Generals and Krais. As you can see in the Caucuses (Those are still Russian Protectorates, but not fully integrated) and Bessarabia, Russia is not doing well ITTL, mainly stemming from a much worse Crimean War that lasts into 1859. Russia pretty much has alienated themselves from Europe.

Catalonia: Not independent, but autonomous and under Personal Union, basically given a similar position to Scotland.

Germany (Silesia and Schleswig-Holstein): Oh boy, this is a big one. Basically ITTL, Austria wins the Austro-Prussian War with the aid of France and Denmark. This victory is sort lived as a new wave of Liberal, Pan-German Revolutions spread across Central Europe, Resulting in three major German Powers: A liberal German Federation (largely modeled off the Swiss Confederation, but Monarchical), The Ultra-Conservative Prussia, and Austria. The latter two have ditched all ideas of uniting Germany as they try to separate their identities from Germany (largely with Failure). Silesia was won in the Alt! Austro-Prussian War and placed in Personal Union, Schleswig is just an independent Duchy, while Holstein is a duchy under Personal Union with Oldenburg.

If you have any other questions, I'd love to answer them.

Thanks, means a lot. The POD is that Marx and Engels discover and join the League of the Just earlier in 1847, finishing the Communist manifesto earlier and spreading it across Europe before the 1848 revolutions to... well, the same praise as in OTL, but wider spread. The effect is actually the opposite, with this manifesto being so widespread, the revolutionaries become more divided as people interoperate the work and as a result, there are more revolutions, but they are largely weaker. I'm still working on stuff and even this map is now outdated (the new version has different Swiss borders, German Limburg, and a Dutch PU over East Frisia).

I plan to finish the world map for 1905 and then start a thread for it.
I look forward to both the finished map and reading the thread.