WIP Map Thread

1582340922075.png

Here's a WIP of a map that I have no clue what's going on

View attachment 525196
Here's a WIP of a map that I have no clue what's going on
Man, that Africa is BRÜTAL!
But I really like borders in Louisiana (could I steal them, eventualy?)
Guess it has something to do with revolution or Napoleon? He was going for mediterranean instead of central Europe? But what happen in Germany?
And who own Kenya-Somalie and that, um... Senegal-handle? I guess that rest of Africa is Prussia, USA, Germany, Portugal, LaPlata (if... do they really need oversea colonies, with most of their american territory empty?), Netherland?

Natural earth data should have the caspian sea as coastline at least.

I generally recommend not to use only QGIS for ah mapping as everything "alternate" is a pain to make, Personally all my maps are made with a mixture of qgis and inkscape

Do you know any good tutorials for working with qgis and exporting to inkscape as an svg? I am following the CareltonU tutorial but it isn't as exhaustive as I'd like, as I still can't figure out how to actually export it. My understanding is that first it must be established as a layout in qgis, but how do I go about this?

europamagnam.png

Just finishing up on frivolous details in a vain attempt to postpone actually having to make some genuine lore for this thing outside of the p.o.d.
Also there are exactly 36 countries.

Last edited:
Because I lack the ability to focus and finish a single project have some more WIPs

Red US vs BF, USSR vs CP.png

"Maybe Rationalizing a HOI4 No rule MP game i-"
"Shut Up I do what I want"
big new france.png

eEzam1N.png

WIP of my entry for the current MotF challenge; basically the gist is that the Sino-Soviet alliance holds on well into the 60's, then the Cuban Missile Crisis goes hot and both Communist powers get torched then occupied by the USA and its allies. The occupation lasts for around 2 decades which take a toll on the US economy and military strength, allowing other powers to fill in the vaccum in the process, especially as the US withdraws from both former Russia and China in the 80's only to suffer a civil war over economic ideologies in the 90's.

eEzam1N.png

WIP of my entry for the current MotF challenge; basically the gist is that the Sino-Soviet alliance holds on well into the 60's, then the Cuban Missile Crisis goes hot and both Communist powers get torched then occupied by the USA and its allies. The occupation lasts for around 2 decades which take a toll on the US economy and military strength, allowing other powers to fill in the vaccum in the process, especially as the US withdraws from both former Russia and China in the 80's only to suffer a civil war over economic ideologies in the 90's.
You're putting a worlda into the MOTF?

That's a ballsy move.

Just one more thing I want you to edit. Can the aliens have control of most of the city’s surrounding the Great Lakes because they are trying to drain it to fuel there technology and when I meant all of Ireland I meant the whole island and lastly it is mentioned in the movie that Jordan and San Francisco were also attacked.
Given the big siege blob on the california coast, I think San Fran is already covered.