WIP Map Thread

upload_2019-12-21_22-16-51.png

Here's part 2 of my 4-way cold war map, now with all of the americas and europe done

Need some feedback on this. How does this look for a color scheme for categorical variables? 0 means the absence of anything while 5 is the largest.

I'm looking for feedback on the color scheme mostly.

upload_2019-12-22_16-4-33.png

Need some feedback on this. How does this look for a color scheme for categorical variables? 0 means the absence of anything while 5 is the largest.

I'm looking for feedback on the color scheme mostly.

The color scheme works, but I think it could work better. Just spitballing, but perhaps the low numbers could be lighter shades and the high numbers could be darker (or vice-versa). Maybe I'm slightly colorblind, but I had to keep looking at the key to see which colors were which.

In any case, I'm looking forward to see what kind of world you have created!

The color scheme works, but I think it could work better. Just spitballing, but perhaps the low numbers could be lighter shades and the high numbers could be darker (or vice-versa). Maybe I'm slightly colorblind, but I had to keep looking at the key to see which colors were which.

In any case, I'm looking forward to see what kind of world you have created!
I looked at using different shades of red taken from THICC, but at least on my screen they looked too similar so I didn't even bother coloring in states. However, with states colored in I think I might try changing to that and see how it looks.

I looked at using different shades of red taken from THICC, but at least on my screen they looked too similar so I didn't even bother coloring in states. However, with states colored in I think I might try changing to that and see how it looks.
You could use the same base colors, just lighter and darker versions of them, perhaps.

upload_2019-12-23_3-41-36.png

The land of Liberty and Knowledge: or the Republic of New Athens
the pod is where the north loses the revolutionary war, but everything south of the mason dixon line gets their independence, similar to the New Sparta entry in EEUGS,
but with many northern revolutionaries (some major ones are Benjamin Franklin and Alexander Hamilton) moving southwards, (and the cotton gin was invented in India) so slavery didn't have long to live. They are bordered by the Californian Republic, and it's puppets, and nations up north. This is a wip, so what do y'all suggest for more nations?

View attachment 510785
The land of Liberty and Knowledge: or the Republic of New Athens
the pod is where the north loses the revolutionary war, but everything south of the mason dixon line gets their independence, similar to the New Sparta entry in EEUGS,
but with many northern revolutionaries (some major ones are Benjamin Franklin and Alexander Hamilton) moving southwards, (and the cotton gin was invented in India) so slavery didn't have long to live. They are bordered by the Californian Republic, and it's puppets, and nations up north. This is a wip, so what do y'all suggest for more nations?
Does this affect the French Revolution in anyway?

Well, this is (slowly) moving forward: Rwanda is kinda on hold until I figure how to make it distinct from earlier Uganda and (later on) Burundi.

WanksRwandaTo.png

I'm also not happy with the Russian color scheme: standard Russian imperial is a bit too close to the Spain color, and in any event I want this to be a constitutional monarchy, which doesn't quite fit the regular "republican" color either (and the present Russia color being labelled as "Republican" in the TOASTR system bugs me, since it lumps together actually democratic alt-Russias with the current strongman dominated kleptocracy). I went with an "other Russia" color, but I don't really like it either. Suggestions?

Well, this is (slowly) moving forward: Rwanda is kinda on hold until I figure how to make it distinct from earlier Uganda and (later on) Burundi.

View attachment 510982

I'm also not happy with the Russian color scheme: standard Russian imperial is a bit too close to the Spain color, and in any event I want this to be a constitutional monarchy, which doesn't quite fit the regular "republican" color either (and the present Russia color being labelled as "Republican" in the TOASTR system bugs me, since it lumps together actually democratic alt-Russias with the current strongman dominated kleptocracy). I went with an "other Russia" color, but I don't really like it either. Suggestions?

But you've already made a Mega-Russia, remember?
megasuperrussia-png.286291

Just curious. I was thinking that the French Revolution could go in different direction, altering the situation in Europe.
Sorry for the late reply, just got home from tulsa like 30 mins ago. Anyways, I was thinking of making France the New Sparta, and just making it a hybrid of Nazi Germany and The Reign of Terror all in one, except for the whole genocide of certain races, but instead like a neoslave race instead

View attachment 510982

> Portugal Wank
> Visible Native states in southern Africa that didn't get subdued into the mighty Luso-Draka
> Doesn't control the Persian gulf coast for that sweet oil
> Not controlling every islands it discovered like Reunion/Mauritius
> Nothing in the Canadian Maritimes/Newfoundland despite it being the location of one the first portuguese settler colony, and the first in continental north america
> Macau being this small
> No Rio Muni it claimed before being ceded to spain
> Not all of French Guyana it owned during the Napoleonic war
> Not controlling all of antarctica by virtue of controlling Argentina-Brazil, South Africa and Australia
> Not controlling the suez region, to be able to build the canal and be able to control the Mediterranean-Indian trade when the Cape of good hope route becomes obsolete
> Not controlling the Phillipines by virtue of Magellan discovering it
> Acehnese somehow beating the Portuguese and taking Pacem from them
> State of North India being so thin and not thicc like the Portuguese Malabar coast
> Not controlling the Nile Delta to dab on the Mamluks
> Not controlling Lagos, which was named after an important portuguese Port
> Not vassaling the Benins and the pesky Ijaw in and around the niger delta to t a k e a l l t h e s l a v e s a n d o i l
> Not controlling Socotra and saving the Christians there
> Not colonising Barbados which Portugal claimed IRL
> Not controlling the entirety of the Amazon bassin, conceding part of it to Spaniards
>
Not vassaling britain to make them pay for centuries of humiliation
> Implying the portuguese wouldn't take some of the bengali coast when they've gotten this far in india
> Tristan da Cunha, Ascension islands not being portuguese despite them discovering and naming the islands
> Not being a sebastianist and not having portugal control the entire north africa coast and then the holy land

yeah i think that could be better
In doubt just paint the southern and eastern halves of the map green tbh