WIP Map Thread

Ooh, do I see protectorate Comancheria and Maya? And assuming New Spain is a Spain-in-Exile. I am really liking this

Yes, you do. And yes, that assumption is correct. I might put the Canary Islands back to Republican Spain, but New Spain now proudly hosts the Spanish royal family.

Mind if i ask what the PoD is? I'm a sucker for scenarios involving Latin America :)

The initial POD is basically just a successful New Englander bid for independence in a more tumultuous War of 1812. Then in 1820 Spain doesn't get a liberal constitution, which strengthens the conservatives of New Spain enough for the nascent Mexican independence movement to fail.

I'll work out the further details later.

And another very, very wip map of my "magic napoleonic wars"
There is GB (mostly celtic and arthurian theme, maybe even little bit german plus weapons and artifacts from over all world, ehm... found by EIC and similar groups). Their allies are Empire of both Spains (Mexico) and Portugal in exile (Brazil). In eastern Europe there are Habsburg vampires and rump Ottoman empire under protectorate of Russia. Farther east is China, huge and isolationist (do not wake giant!) and Mysore, ruled by shapeshifting descendants of sultan Tipu the Tiger, bitter enemies of BEIC.
Scandinavia is "neutral" (and at least part of it under russian influence?). Not sure how exactly split former Austrian Poland between Prussia and Russia or what to do with rest of South America (should be Colombia allied to USA or UK? If USA, than probably separate Venezuela...)
CKmN beta.png

20190523031754_1.jpg
I'm gonna tease a certain map I might make from my Vic2 game. Very interesting to say the least when I started on my 1861 House Divided start-date. POD, I guess, would be "What if the Taiping Rebellion Succeeded?"

What happened to Spain and South America?

The POD is that Mexico's independence movement fails since Spain doesn't get a liberal constitution in 1820. Since Spain gets to keep New Spain, the South American revolutionaries decide that sticking together is necessary to fend of Spanish incursions. Since the conservative Spanish regime ends up collapsing in the 1840s, that fear doesn't pay off but New Spain is still a scary neighbor.

Argentina doesn't really get that memo in the end, and Brazil gets demolished with its civil wars it experienced in the first few decades of its existence. It's not set in stone, but at least the Rio Grande do Sul will stay around no matter what I'll end up doing with Brazil

Any ideas to the PoD? (maybe @Planita13 knows)...
Hmm yes looks familiar for some reason.

In seriousness its great. :)

I should say though i haven't completely worked out how the Colorado River empties into the lake. I did research and I think it would be a complex network of many streams and artificial waterways. I can get back to you when I have worked that out.

Last edited:
572F3FC7-4020-4F02-9E31-95B2C042B4FC.jpeg

Was just developing a Kaiserreich Cold War scenario while at the same time thinking about the new episode of HBO’s Chernobyl excellent miniseries releasing tonight, and voila I came up with this depicting a Chernobyl esque meltdown where the situation was allowed to deteriorate to the level where the radioactive material leaked into the water tanks below the core and triggered a massive thermal explosion.

The map here projects the blast + shock wave radius, which wipes out Kiev and Minsk in their entirety, and shoots radiation far and wide - requiring the evacuation of almost all of Eastern Europe. A pretty rough sketch since it was done on my phone, I might develop this map further since the scenario interests me. Perhaps I’ll make it a tad less grim :coldsweat:

Also note that the “evacuation area” outlined only depicts orders issued from the government in Petrograd for regions and nations within the Russian National bloc - Galicia would definitely require evacuating but I didn’t outline it due to it having its own plans.

I don't even know what's going on anymore. All of the Great Powers fell to communist uprisings and then I had my own. I don't know if my game glitched where these nations switched, but Drew Durnil's Communist World is becoming true. Minus the occasional Anarcho-Liberal regimes.

I will soon initiate a new timeline from where this began and do what I can to prevent this reality to produce a new reality.
KXPVRdb.png

I don't even know what's going on anymore. All of the Great Powers fell to communist uprisings and then I had my own. I don't know if my game glitched where these nations switched, but Drew Durnil's Communist World is becoming true. Minus the occasional Anarcho-Liberal regimes.

I will soon initiate a new timeline from where this began and do what I can to prevent this reality to produce a new reality.
KXPVRdb.png
>not wanting a worldwide glorious communist revolution
Filthy reactionary/s

A WIP I'm currently working on. The writeup and annotations just keep going on at 6,535 words and counting. Questions and comment are much appreciated as they will help me come up with ideas?

2033.png