WIP Map Thread

Pro Pelle Cutem
Good_Business.png

Hmm... on one had, Australia is culturally part of the West. On the other hand it's geographically in the East and all the desert would be good for solar... it could go either way IMO.

Australia has survived, despite some teething issues with the switch to solar power and the wave of Chinese/European refugees in the wake of WWIII.

Isaac Beach

Banned
A redo of this cancerous early map from when I first began making maps. The basic premise is the same; the US becomes an Empire post independence, but everything thereafter is much more logical and thoughtful than in the original map. The French Revolution is a more mundane affair, and the Bourbons are never removed. Britain has a rather tougher time of it as a result due to the continent not being wrapped up in it's own revolutionary wars, but this results in a tighter Empire that remains more unified until the present day.
Russia is rather barred out of Europe by virtue of the Austrians, Swedes and Prussians (and later the Poles) working together to deny them any presence, and so they expand east faster and harder; Spain of all places does have a republican revolution, forcing the Spanish Bourbons to flee to Peru. China manages to open up and modernise, in part because of more thorough Russian intermingling earlier than OTL. Meanwhile, Japan gets divied up between France, Britain and the Iberian Republic. And that's about where I'm up to.

On Gilded Shores - Copy.png

Started as a Bolívar-wank, but since then the POD's been rather pushed back; the current year is 1900, and the POD's probably around 1550-1600ish. The general gist of it is that British-style settler-colonialism was strangled in its cradle, indigenous peoples worldwide have had a great deal more luck and less genocide, and Latin America and Africa are far more powerful on the world stage.

las provincias unidas de perú.png

W
The first step of my first AH project wherein France and Spain get a more favourable deal in the War of the Spanish Succession and win the Seven Years' War due a a variety of factors. Since this is just the Caribbean depicted here there aren't any massive changes visible yet other than France owning the entirety of St. Kitts & Nevis (from the SC war) as well as Tobago and Saba (from the 7Y war), that and France not losing most of its other islands to the British.

I'm using a pretty massive (16200*8100) WIP map made by Neneveh as a base

Where could i find that basemap?

IqUKYKy.png

Something small I'm working on. With a faster Western Allied advance towards Berlin and Prague the situation in Central Europe shifts a bit after the end of WW2, and in an attempt to create a strong counterweight in Europe to the Soviets that can also potentially hold any German attempts to cause trouble again the European League is established between the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, and Italy (after Sicily seceded). It is later expanded by the Rhineland and federates in 1964. The current date is December 31st, 1969.

If you have questions or suggestions, feel free ^^

IqUKYKy.png

Something small I'm working on. With a faster Western Allied advance towards Berlin and Prague the situation in Central Europe shifts a bit after the end of WW2, and in an attempt to create a strong counterweight in Europe to the Soviets that can also potentially hold any German attempts to cause trouble again the European League is established between the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, and Italy (after Sicily seceded). It is later expanded by the Rhineland and federates in 1964. The current date is December 31st, 1969.

If you have questions or suggestions, feel free ^^

How did the Congo turn Red?

How is there a European League?

How did the Congo turn Red?

How is there a European League?

The Soviets funded political elements in Zaire that eventually staged a coup against the non-communist government which had tried to establish itself after independence from Belgium.

The European League is essentially an equivalent both to the European Coal and Steel Community and the Western European Union/the earlier Treaty of Brussels, thus making it a proto-EU. The idea of European federalism dates back to the 1920s, too, so while it wasn't attempted IOTL the smaller nature of the European League (the European League joined NATO wholesale when it was founded ITTL and other European states only gained NATO but not EL membership when they joined) could've advanced those plans. I might push the date of federation back two or three years, but it'll definitely will have happened before 1969 (and thus the current year) in this timeline.