WIP Map Thread

Deleted member 108228

Drawing Bantustans for africa is a challenge

OGOGOG.png

Deleted member 108228

Yeah. I've been stuck on it for a while, badly blocked: so I kind threw a bunch of ideas together to get myself going. May change quite a bit before I finalize it: that orange Indian federation isn't really working for me.

Why not change it to a Dravidian Federation and a Hindu republic?

Two pieces from Below 60 Degrees South..., my non-canon but author-approved redux of Devon Moore's Great White South
This first one is the Language situation in New Swabia by district. Grey is German, Pink is English, Rusty Orange is Native Ognian (different varieties), and that Swedish blue is... Swedish.
YpjRv8w.png

This'n is the distribution of human populations before European contact, Rusty Orange are Ognian groups, and Blue are Antarctic Māori
evo690n.png

What are the names of those said provinces?

湖北省: Hubei Province
江西省: Jiangxi Province
安徽省: Anhui Province
天浦省: Tianpu Province
江南省: Jiangnan Province
蘇福省(苏福省): Sufu Province
浙江天省: Zejiang Tian Province (Tian means Heaven or Heavenly)

You can do a easy check by cross-checking with Qing provincial maps really.

Mw4BP1C.png

i don't know
this started as a ASB ideal world thing, but then became just a worldbuilding process. I'm stuck, i just don't know what to do now, while i'm pretty proud of the borders (specially the european ones), i don't know what to do with India, China and *Western Canada.
I think i'm going to drop this one and move out.

This wip excerpt shows all the graphical conventions I have so far used on the physical map. I also plan on drawing in forests where the original image had them drawn in.

crop5.png