WIP Map Thread

NoWWI.png

I'm trying my hand at a @B_Munro-style map.

TL;DR The World Wars are averted and Africa goes to shit after a *very* messy process of decolonisation.

There was a "theory" that eastern crisis 1875 is actually a conspiracy among three emperors how to split Ottoman empire between them. Germany, at that time without many interests in Orient should get Netherlands as a compensation...
1861 - kopie.png

EcoMindsetWIP.png

W.I.P set in the future. Decided after reading a article on Russia that Ecoist Russia would be a amusing change of pass. Also includes Green Mashriqi a restored UK and French Republic, and modernized republic of china allied with a imperial Iran.

Isaac Beach

Banned
The rough POD for this map is inspired by @Carp's wondrous King Theodore's Corsica timeline, although my map is far less realistic and far pulpier by comparison. So herein Theodore becomes King of Corsica in the mess of the War of the Austrian Succession, I still have Poland getting partitioned as it doesn't seem rectifiable by that point, but what happens thereafter I'm still debating, as with the rest of Europe. The biggest distinction is that when the American Revolution occurs (very conservative butterflies up until this point) there's more enthusiasm for monarchy (The Corsican Revolution, primarily republican IOTL, was a source of inspiration for the Founding Fathers) and so the Prussian Scheme goes ahead. Prince Henry of Prussia is elected King of the United States.

Some fun things:
- First and foremost, an independent von Neuhoff Corsica and a Hohenzollern America.
- Capital in OTL Cairo (ITTL 'Columbia') after Washington was burnt to the ground in an alt-1812.
- Kingdom of Canada with an independent Württemberg-Hanoverian head of state due to instituting absolute primogeniture in opposition to the UK when a sweetheart princess was succeeded by her younger brother. Still in the British camp, but much more assertive and independent.
- A landlocked Texas awkwardly shared between Freedmen, Amerindians, Mormons* and Muslims.
- Austrian united Italy, albeit at the expense of their transleithanian territory.
- No Reform Act and a more disparate UK (integrated territories in Americas, Africa, Asia, so on) makes them rather less of the shining example of constitutional monarchy that we're familiar with and more oligarchic and corrupt, as well as teslapunk.
- Dutch Kaap Federation, still a kinda racist franchise despite the majority of the population being mixed race and Lutheran.
- Sardinia-Piedmont is the unwilling sockpuppet of republican France.
- Sustained United Provinces, albeit on good terms with Britain.
- Thinking of a United Indian Empire under a Hanoverian gone native or some PLC electoral monarchy.

* I know they should be butterflied away, but this is a fun map.

The Prussian and the Corsican - Copy.png

TeaVerse2018.png

Very early WIP of a complete rebuild of one of my earliest maps; long story short averted British gain of Canada leading to British revolution and cadet line of the monarchy in LTTW-esque colonial exile. Revolution somewhat like a mixture of abolitionists and Chartism.

Last edited:
Third or Fourth iteration of a Mexican-dominated North America I've tried, the map is set somewhere in the 1910's on the verge of the Great War, which will probably be Mexico + OTL Central Powers vs. OTL Entente. Feel free to ask questions, but I feel like I have to point out that that state in the deep south is dominated by a Cheroqui upperclass, who have that autonomous province from which they make laws that impact only the people in the directly governed provinces (almost 50-50 anglophone whites and blacks) with an exception for other Indios, who are largely the same "civilized tribes" from OTL.

EDIT: Also included a faction map, more so to just visualize current spheres of influence and potential fronts in the War

bqFSYar.png
SPW7PIQ.png

Last edited:
Third or Fourth iteration of a Mexican-dominated North America I've tried, the map is set somewhere in the 1910's on the verge of the Great War, which will probably be Mexico + OTL Central Powers vs. OTL Entente. Feel free to ask questions, but I feel like I have to point out that that state in the deep south is dominated by a Cheroqui upperclass, who have that autonomous province from which they make laws that impact only the people in the directly governed provinces (almost 50-50 anglophone whites and blacks) with an exception for other Indios, who are largely the same "civilized tribes" from OTL.

bqFSYar.png
Any Mormons ITTL?

View attachment 388790

SE Asia and Oceania swapped with South America...

Dis gon be gud...

Not only that, but there's a Green Australia too... ;)
I think the half of Cuba not dropped in Luzon has vanished. I presume this changing of landmasses was all part of a heist by aliens to disguise they swiped the land? And I don't know why, but I find the sheer amount of Islands in the Atlantic now to be hilarious.and while I can see the prices of spices in Europe dropping, the prices of genuine Chinese porcelain will keep steady or rise, now that it potentially has a greater distance to go. Hawaii is going to be a vital stop for the China trade. Oooh, and I can just imaging the Chinese trying to explain the the Aztecs the tributary system.