The 2 maps don't fit. Solutions?

Attachments

• blank_mapb.png
    blank_mapb.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 458
  • 2 Gods.png
    2 Gods.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 446
WorldA style map of the world after all the ice has melted (+80m). Polar projection, 'cause nobody's living near the equator in this world. If I have energy, I will make the Southern Hemisphere, too. N.B.: I added a little symbol at the North Pole.

Original basemap provided by @Trovador. His profile says s/he hasn't logged in since 2014. I assume it would be fine for me to share it more widely? As for me, I am happy to let anyone else use this map.
Polar02.png

Just something interesting I drew up. This map is c. 1950 in a world where Rome survived, and is very nearly ASB, but in my estimation, possible. The purple is the Roman Empire, with varying shades being successor states. The gray is Germany, the dark gold is Poland, and the dark yellow is Mongolia. Green is China, orange is India, and the dark red is Japan+territories. The red is the Republic of Britain, with the dark blue being the American Empire, where the royal family of Britain escaped after a revolution in England. The brown are the Inca, and the light orange is Patagonia. The light green is actually Persia. The various shades of purple are the successor states to Rome in the Americas. Finally, but perhaps most intriguingly, the light blue in Africa is actually an independent Congo, which managed to form an alliance with Rome.

World_Map_Blank.png

A part two to a map I posted on the Map Thread. Still working on it, might include some other countries and maybe even an ethnic map or somethin'
upload_2018-5-15_20-9-24.png

I know you said the timeline was borderline-ASB, but the "[it's] possible" part makes me curious. Of course, the naming of things (America, England, Patagonia, etc.) is dubious at best, but that's besides the point.
Germany likely wouldn't've unified without the push to form the German Kingdom or the subsequent HRE, as the tribes were fairly different, including Germanic from Celtic (as recognized by Pytheas), as well as a multitude of other tribes. For an analogy, imagine modern African borders without Europe to influence the borders. It couldn't be done.
Imperium_Romanum_Germania.png

(Map showing different Germanic times during Roman times)

Another problem is Britain. The problem is, again, the events that allowed England to come to power and conquer the British Isles were triggered following an unexpected rise to power, and even England herself was formed following unexpected conquest. For example, following the rise of Mercia following the Danelaw (maybe. I feel like that's accurate, but my knowledge on this period is weak at best). However, much like Germania, Britannia did not have a united tribe of peoples, as shown here:
800px-Britain.circa.540.jpg

Poland's another thing. I won't deny that Poland is more likely to unify than Germany or Britain, but the extent is debatable. I feel as though the Norse are more likely to spread across European Russia over time, ruining Slavic consistency within the Slavic Polish tribes.

This being said, I'm nowhere near a certified expert (or even much more than a novice) in terms of Roman history and Roman Europe, but I feel like it's wrong.

@writofcertiorari @Bennett Poland's about as questionable as the examples above, as the Poles are a specific Slavic people that didn't even exist as a distinct group until the 7th or 8th century, and definitely wouldn't exist at all if Germans settled that far east. Same with Mongolia, the Inca Empire (only formed in 1438), and arguably Japan (while it's been pretty culturally homogenous in our history it's regularly been divided into a Holy Roman Empire-like mess and was saved from invasion only by luck)

There's also the problem of India, a region as diverse as Europe if not more that only exists as a single country (and not even really that when you consider Pakistan and Bangladesh) thanks to centuries of British rule and exploitation. Making India one country needs a good justification, and I'm not really seeing one.

China has existed continuously for thousands of years, but I doubt that it would expand the way writ has it in their map. If you look at maps of the Chinese dynasties, you'll notice that they all have essentially the same size and shape, and it's only in the last few hundred years that it's expanded as much west and north as it has. This is because China's always been a hegemonic empire, leaving local rulers on their thrones in exchange for tribute and other favors while remaining content in their developed cities and farms rather than going off to try to settle new land.