WIP Map Thread

Deleted member 108228

Final version of my 2 Gods map.
2 Gods.png

For GIMP WorldAs or Inkscape?

I don't know if there are any GIMP WorldA tutorials out there as I kind of just picked it up and figured it out myself.

If you mean for Inkscape, UpvoteAnthology's tutorial is about as comprehensive as anyone needs - once you master that you can pretty much figure everything else out yourself.

EDIT: Before we derail the thread further, go and check out this thread for further advice or just PM me :)
You use GIMP for WorldAs? I always assumed there was no option other then paint.

You use GIMP for WorldAs? I always assumed there was no option other then paint.

Oh god yes. I could never imagine using MS Paint, it's so much more limiting and would take so much more time.

~~~

I wasn't really gonna reveal this because, well, most of it is just covers in WorldA and other peoples work but just so we keep WIP Maps here, here we are.

I have a terrible habit making really small progress on a region or a country in WorldA but never doing a full WorldA map. After I got stuck I'd delete everything, so back when I posted the "Colonial Colonisers" map, I decided instead to save everything no matter how much progress I make. I also copy-pasted some patches that I really liked just to keep those inspiration juices flowing. Consider it a sketch journal but digital with pixel maps.

ueyFhhr.png

As you can see I initially tried to keep it clean and credit whomever I had taken from or covered, but that devolved into chaos pretty quickly. If you don't appreciate me having your work stashed away in this secret file please say so, I won't keep it saved!

See if you can recognise some of the DeviantART big ol' Inkscape/Illustrator/Photoshop pieces I've covered ;)

Here is a map I'm not going to finish. I was trying to do all of the aboriginal lands in the U.S. and Canada, and the Black Belt in the U.S. also for comparison, using a QBAM base someone else made. Feel free to finish this or use it for whatever.

Attachments

• norref.png
    norref.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 403
Final thoughts. Criticism?
It’s probably not compatible with the style you’re going for but the straight lines like that in South America at least make no sense taking into account the curvature of the map in that part. Africa is much more centered so straight lines really do look like that

Deleted member 108228

It’s probably not compatible with the style you’re going for but the straight lines like that in South America at least make no sense taking into account the curvature of the map in that part. Africa is much more centered so straight lines really do look like that

Could I have help with that?

Could I have help with that?
Horizontal lines are fine on worldas, but the vertical lines curve slightly toward the center of the bottom of the map. I’d recommend looking at Argentine internal divisions on any worlda basemap.