WIP Map Thread

WIP new basemap, collaboration with @Drex
upload_2018-4-9_22-11-28.png

Last edited:
More progress. Southeast Asia will likely be changed. Central Asia is a patchwork of Turko-Mongol states much like OTL, only ITTL there was no Russian Empire and therefore no conquest of these regions. Most of them are still firmly Tengriist with minority Buddhist, Christian and Muslim populations. The Danes never really pushed very far south; their campaign in Siberia was more for furs and timber than anything else. It's also worth noting just how 'lazy' Danish missions are ITTL; unlike the crusader-esque proselytisation campaigns coming out of the Festung, the Danish missions essentially just set up charities. As a result, northern Asia is still very pagan, but then Scandinavia itself never entirely shook off pagan traditions.

upload_2018-4-11_7-47-56.png

I posted my first WIP work on this in the ideal map thread, so this is also tied into it and the explanation for part of it is on there. Feel free to ask questions :)
worpworpw.png

Is... is that a microcontinent-sized arcology?
Where? The inset under the moon map is just showing what area Poland owns compared with Germany, where they own Gdynia and a little bit of Danzig. In this world there are some things that could resemble that, for example the 50's futuristic sci-fi country of The Olympus Republic(Still thinking of names) where there are vast areas of buildings mixed with agricultural plots :p

The Shape Of Things to Come 2: More Shape More Come

MoontrapSneakPeak.png

Where? The inset under the moon map is just showing what area Poland owns compared with Germany, where they own Gdynia and a little bit of Danzig. In this world there are some things that could resemble that, for example the 50's futuristic sci-fi country of The Olympus Republic(Still thinking of names) where there are vast areas of buildings mixed with agricultural plots :p
No, I mean the circular thing on Mars.

Beautiful. Your choice in colour and subdivisions are always perfect.

What's your secret? :p
Thank you, I really appreciate that! Most of my colors are picked randomly off of the SUCK color scheme, admittedly, although there are a few I got originally. I just usually spend a lot of time on the WorldAs, testing which borders make sense and look nice :)

Again, I appreciate the positive feedback

For some reason, I have a bunch of random maps on my computer that I one thing don't remember starting or the context of that as a result are incomplete that i might complete.
h7aIFnU.png

this as a POD around the beginning of the exploration era, with England settling "Cabotia". The Spaniards dont expel or forcibly convert Al-Andalus for some reason, and Castille never unites with Aragon. The English have a much greater presence in the Middle East, with OTL South Africa being ITL Assyria, with non-Arab-Muslim apartheid rule. Australia was probably going to be called Tritonia. The HRE is alive and fully powerful, along with the PLE. France was probably supposed to be like OTL Napoleonic Era France. The US south is timocratic (i think)
8PWz8EU.png

In this map I have no idea tf is going on. Bolgar Russia? why not. Atlantic Britain? why not. Mega Egypt? Mega Mexico? Al-Andalus? so many questions.

For some reason, I have a bunch of random maps on my computer that I one thing don't remember starting or the context of that as a result are incomplete that i might complete.

this as a POD around the beginning of the exploration era, with England settling "Cabotia". The Spaniards dont expel or forcibly convert Al-Andalus for some reason, and Castille never unites with Aragon. The English have a much greater presence in the Middle East, with OTL South Africa being ITL Assyria, with non-Arab-Muslim apartheid rule. Australia was probably going to be called Tritonia. The HRE is alive and fully powerful, along with the PLE. France was probably supposed to be like OTL Napoleonic Era France. The US south is timocratic (i think)

In this map I have no idea tf is going on. Bolgar Russia? why not. Atlantic Britain? why not. Mega Egypt? Mega Mexico? Al-Andalus? so many questions.

I've said this on other maps before, and I'm going to say it again. I don't know why, but I love these chaotic maps that don't make any sense :p The second is my favorite, especially that vast Mexico Empire is byootiful

Anyways here's some progress on the second version of my ASB TL's map/ideal world map thingy (The first version of the map is somewhere in my hard drive, I didn't like how it looked)
And like I said before, there's no genocide or anything like that, the only things that were needlessly killed were the thousands of butterflies that I ruthlessly slaughtered.
Right now I'm finishing up Asia, the Pacific, etc. Of course I might change things in the rest of the map, add internal borders for Russia, Angola, British Canada, stuff like that. Anyways, I'm still open for questions, this will probably be my last WIP upload of it, where the "complete" map will be uploaded to the map thread, as I have yet to add more planets, finish the borders of the Moon and Mars(whose map was taken from the great RVBOMally), and add some notes/inset stuff. Also sorry for posting it a lot I hope it wasn't too many times <3
worpworpw.png

mzyDr9D.png

Honestly, your guess is as good as mine as to where I'm going with this.
This is why we keep New Hampshire the way it is. If they got any larger during the Colonial period it would have been disaster. As there is still the US color here, I am going to guess the POD was somewhat more modern. Did they team up with Iowa to bring down the house during an election? And I wonder... Hmmm. Might this have all just been a plot to get the Brits or English to rename their area to Old England, to make way for New England joining? On a more serious note, I do think the country around the Great Lakes would be good for someone to write up on, in relation to transportation. Canals, lakes, rivers... depending on how relatoins are with the British, I can see the Virginians shipping northward into their neighbor, to avoid needing to go over the Appalachians.

Boulanger.png

This work in progress is in its early stages but I think this will be a fun setting. My basic idea was a Boulangist coup in France in 1888, a slightly earlier World War One, and a post-war falling out between the Entente powers. It's a bit convergent in places and I'll probably adjust the Hungarian borders a tiny bit down the line. The world will be divided into five power blocs: the French-led Entente, the British-led Imperial Alliance, the Italian-led Brotherhood of Nations, a Russian-led bloc, and an American-led bloc.

Also I wanna point out that I based the partition of Germany on ToixStory's excellent In At The Death map.

Last edited:
This work in progress is in its early stages but I think this will be a fun setting. My basic idea was a Boulangist coup in France in 1888, a slightly earlier World War One, and a post-war falling out between the Entente powers. It's a bit convergent in places and I'll probably adjust the Hungarian borders a tiny bit down the line. The world will be divided into five power blocs: the French-led Entente, the British-led Imperial Alliance, the Italian-led Brotherhood of Nations, a Russian-led bloc, and an American-led bloc.

Also I wanna point out that I based the partition of Germany on ToixStory's excellent In At The Death map.
I'm interested. I rarely ever see scenarios surrounding Boulanger, to be fair.
Now, what would be the main precipitating crisis for this Second Franco-Prussian War? Something involving colonies, or Morocco? A violent border scandal?
And, wouldn't it be more practical for the British to directly control the whole of the Sinai?