WIP Map Thread

Yeah, I do think I was a bit generous leaving the great lakes with all its territory. I'll definitely give the British some of that land. Though not most of it because that's a lot of Americans (for lack of a better term) to subjugate, plus they'd have to betray a lot of Indian treaties.
Eh, depends upon when the Brits take it back over.... as late as the OTL WO1812, there were hardly any "Americans" in the Old Northwest outside of southern and eastern Ohio... and a good many of them probably couldn't have cared less whose flag was flying over the nearest stockade fort....

And why do you think they would be loyal to treaty with indigenous people in the long term?
I think I worded that poorly. What I meant was they wouldn't honor the treaties with indigenous people, they just would stop caring as much about the Midwest outside of what they already controlled as India became the center of the empire. They might take some land, but ultimately it'd just be to please the imperialists who want as much land as possible. It's not ultra useful to them considering all the land they got out west.
Eh, depends upon when the Brits take it back over.... as late as the OTL WO1812, there were hardly any "Americans" in the Old Northwest outside of southern and eastern Ohio... and a good many of them probably couldn't have cared less whose flag was flying over the nearest stockade fort....
Yeah, what I was talking about was how the British just wouldn't be bothered to establish control over that much land after the Great Lakes Confederacy gets overthrown. The "Americans" (people and people who's ancestors came from the descendant states of the USA) wouldn't care too much whose flag flew over them as long as they were white and weren't unreasonable with taxes. They would be none too happy with having the Indian minority (losing the northwest territory doesn't stop white settlement, just slows it down some) be the controllers of the government, hence the rebellion.

Right now, I'm assigning names to countries located on the central continent, and making borders in several other parts of the map, the map is the centerpiece of the "worldbuilding project" I've talked about in previous posts.

P.S. You may notice that some of the names are similar to real-world names, and yes, I kinda stole some of them from Roman provinces and such.
View attachment 776117
View attachment 776118

Let me know what you guys think of these two screenshots.
Update:

The military worldbuilding project, which included the two WIP maps above, has been put to an unexpected halt following a computer crash, which has resulted in the corruption of an important file containing aircraft images from nations within the worldbuilding setting, the corruption of the file is caused by an unexpected BSOD. This is quite of a blow for me, as the file in question is rather important in regards to some sections of the project, and I don't think that there is a backup file within my computer's already crowded hard drive, another problem that hasn't been dealt with. So, for now, I will try and cope with the current situation, as I try to cope with the situation, right now I'm feeling very stressed, as months of continuous work has gone to waste. I don't really know what to do now, as BSODs and crashes aren't an uncommon occurence on my PC.

The PoD is a successful Shays' Rebellion
An underused POD
The military worldbuilding project, which included the two WIP maps above, has been put to an unexpected halt following a computer crash
Sorry to hear that. Have you looked into backing things up on Github or a similar website?
Continuing this
Unfortunately more progress has been made on this cursed world....
A Dark Reprise.png

View attachment 777847
Here's my in-progress idea of a "Southern 1984". Basically everything in the global south is a literal hellish nation.
Since 1984 is fairly unreliable anyways, which allows you to use the Unreliable Narrator trope, and you say literally everything in the Global South is hellish, I shall take that as European/north American propaganda :p

Still, excited to see the whole world, hopefully when it's finished. What's going on in China - are they part of the "to-be-fought-over-areas"? (should I expect the same for Europe and North America?)

Oh yeah, I think I'm starting to get it...

...Unfortunately
Yeah, the parallelism is fairly cursed.
This looks very interesting. I presume that blue is some kinda alt-Islam?
Southern Roman Empire (Alexandria). Constantinople wasn't made capital of the East in this world, but still made sense as a fortress town and by the time of the third picture has split off from the rest of the East, leaving the Alexandrian-Roman Empire with the Southern color.

Can i get some advise on a scenario ive returned to workshopping? is the interwar period, the pod being germany goes red too aswell as russia.
am stuck on what to do for the border between syria, turkey, and caucasus republics.
screenshot4ah.png
having a number of border principalities/ bubbles looks aesthetically pleasing, but its not what i want to settle on, is just to show my indecision. if i were a national liberal entente politician id draw questionmarks and advocate for plebesites there :evilsmile:

the idea behind the ottoman partition being different in the south, is that the red threat has given the locals a little more leverage. plus i just like it more.
syria and iraq are puppets/ protectorates alongside hejaz. palestine, lebanon, and cicillia are all more tightly held onto colonies/territories. the light outlines for nedj, iran, kurdistan etc are to show the states are in influence sphere of the state with that colour.
trebizond would be laz & greek republic.
western armenia and south azerbaijan, wether they join their eastern/ northern counterparts or not, will have internal assr type structures. western armenia could be a special case to do with the genocide. (that the reds will have cultural and geopolitical biases to make them 'care' about)
ukraine is ukraine,
darker red is parent revolutions, lighter red is daughter revolutions, lightest is firmly comintern aligned but more pink than red.

stuff above can still change, is like - proof of concept, especially for what to me are the more difficult borders, in the near east and europe.
communist and bri'ish colours are too close together but is quick n dirty colouring.

anyway, help me pop those bubbles in eastern turkey? what should i do with them? whats the least silly?

You could throw in a Zaza state, they live around that region.
possible for sure, but i think id lump that into a kurdish state.

looked at some reference maps from wikipedia, and put the eu4 rivers abd mountains over the viky2 map, and ended up going in circles with edits. going to try finding a vicky rivers. could also always wait for viky3 to come out.
have a wip worlda and qbam of this scenario hidden on my old PC i need to rescue at some point also.