WIP Map Thread

YtcYx3I.png

@Admiral A. Kolchak ok, what are the adjustments i need to make to the provinces to make them historically accurate for ming china 1429?
@Sharklord1 this is my progress so far. also i know ive already done 20 questions with you on this, but what are the vassal states bordering yunnan called? ill need the tibet ones eventually for colouring but i dont need them yet.
The Vassals next to Yunnan are called the Shan states collectively. Unfortunately, I don’t remember them all of the top of my head except for Sipsong Panna and Kengtung.
This video should help fill in the gaps about the individual names. Feel free to ask more questions

How did the old Sichuanese end up all the way in Pannonia?
Brought over slowly by multiple nomadic hordes invading their way to Europe. They... somehow retained their culture for a very long time, moving around until they came across and fell in love with the Alföld and decided to stay there. Yeah. I just wanted a Sinitic group in Europe. Don't think about it too much.

aight i swear im not going to do this for every microupdate i make, but imma need some help with sichuan and northern zhilli

(as in, i know atleast some of the white area is supposed to go to them, but idk how much, or if some adjoining coloured area should also be given to them to make the border, since the white areas created panhandles i dont think are meant to be there)

the white areas around sichuan are zunyi prefecture level city and badong county.
the white area above northern zhilli is just where the prc/qing province border ran out when i put it in sharklord's ming.
oh, and the white between sichuan and yunnan is because i saw a ming yunnan map on wikipedia and im not confident witch of my two lines follows that part of it closer. (also i think it showed that the bits of modern guizhou directly below the panhandle of modern yunnan should also be part of sichuan.

@Admiral A. Kolchak
i swear i wont do this for every microupdate.png

oh, also if anyone could tell me if that is a good or bad source map for vietnam thatd also be helpful

Last edited:
View attachment 699116

Really stupid map I'm making where I revive ancient ethnicities for fun. Currently taking suggestions for any interesting groups I can add to this.

Here's what every country is supposed to be:
View attachment 699117View attachment 699118
View attachment 699119
Update:
uchrony.png

Here's an improved Google document explaining what everything is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SUyRp2FeLTcR_ncWNwFzFfXMbjtU25RD90TXTHYzHX0/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone got anything for Scandinavia? I know there were a bunch of tribes in the area but I can't find any good maps or information on them.

1638817968904.png

A sort of little project I've had in the back of my mind for some time.
It takes place in a distant future (about 10,000 years after our era) where the last industrial and robotic civilization is in Africa.
In this world, after a few millennia of global warming due to human activities (but also to the earth cycles), the planet is experiencing a new ice age.
Most humans are unrecognizable because of genetic and robotic manipulations. The few humans who look like us are parked in reserves and serve as a food source for the rest of society.
Nature is also unrecognizable. The ravages of civilization and climate change have taken their toll on the wilderness, which now no longer exists. Only plants, animals, mushrooms and other hybrids, produced by mankind through genetic engineering, remain. The oceans have become unhealthy and most of the rivers in Africa have been diverted inland.
This last industrial civilization is curious. On some points it is backward (whether in the social hierarchy, certain customs etc.) but in others it is still in the forefront (quantum computers, high speed trains and travel in orbit).
I will try to rework all this one day.

View attachment 700892
It takes place in a distant future (about 10,000 years after our era) where the last industrial and robotic civilization is in Africa.
In this world, after a few millennia of global warming due to human activities (but also to the earth cycles), the planet is experiencing a new ice age.
Most humans are unrecognizable because of genetic and robotic manipulations. The few humans who look like us are parked in reserves and serve as a food source for the rest of society.
Nature is also unrecognizable. The ravages of civilization and climate change have taken their toll on the wilderness, which now no longer exists. Only plants, animals, mushrooms and other hybrids, produced by mankind through genetic engineering, remain. The oceans have become unhealthy and most of the rivers in Africa have been diverted inland.
This last industrial civilization is curious. On some points it is backward (whether in the social hierarchy, certain customs etc.) but in others it is still in the forefront (quantum computers, high speed trains and travel in orbit).
Kewl

View attachment 700892
This is a fucking amazing aesthetic, one that I don't think I've seen pulled off to this extent before. Well done.

Though, I do think you could do with changing the internals colour a bit.

YtcYx3I.png

@Admiral A. Kolchak ok, what are the adjustments i need to make to the provinces to make them historically accurate for ming china 1429?
@Sharklord1 this is my progress so far. also i know ive already done 20 questions with you on this, but what are the vassal states bordering yunnan called? ill need the tibet ones eventually for colouring but i dont need them yet.
Okay, first thing, do not use the QBAM to trace Chinese subdivisions, ever. Use this.

Here is a map of Ming subdivisions in 1427
39_230_429568b2cb72039.png

Here is a map of modern Chinese subdivisions in about the same projection:
unknown.png

aight i swear im not going to do this for every microupdate i make, but imma need some help with sichuan and northern zhilli

(as in, i know atleast some of the white area is supposed to go to them, but idk how much, or if some adjoining coloured area should also be given to them to make the border, since the white areas created panhandles i dont think are meant to be there)

the white areas around sichuan are zunyi prefecture level city and badong county.
the white area above northern zhilli is just where the prc/qing province border ran out when i put it in sharklord's ming.
oh, and the white between sichuan and yunnan is because i saw a ming yunnan map on wikipedia and im not confident witch of my two lines follows that part of it closer. (also i think it showed that the bits of modern guizhou directly below the panhandle of modern yunnan should also be part of sichuan.

@Admiral A. KolchakView attachment 700533
oh, also if anyone could tell me if that is a good or bad source map for vietnam thatd also be helpful
Both of the white areas adjoining Sichuan were entirely part of Sichuan during the Ming era. The panhandles existed.