WIP Map Thread

This most recent attempt of mine at a cover of GURPS' "Armada-2" is coming along pretty well, although I'm becoming very aware of the limitations of the WorldA and cartography in general in regard to depicting non-Westphalian entities. The biggest offender here is the United Provinces of New France, which includes the Wabanaki Confederacy and the Council of Three Fires as associated states; the problem is that their territory overlaps with multiple provinces, and isn't always coterminous with them either. I'll be making inset maps to show things like this in greater detail, but on the main map I'm still struggling to find a good-looking way to show them. There's also Siam: it's under French influence but has vassals of its own, and to make matters worse most of those are vassals in name only at this point.
I love the way it looks!

I take it we won't see the finished version of your Turkish Italy and Japanese China map? :(

How's this look so far, is it disgusting enough?
abominationpreview.png

I love the way it looks!

I take it we won't see the finished version of your Turkish Italy and Japanese China map? :(
Glad to hear you're still interested in that one! Don't worry, it's still in the works; I just kind of got stuck and then remembered Armada-2's something I'd been trying to do for a while.

I wonder what has been going on this TL?
Its meant to be mix of various conspiracy theories and crazy stereotypes
I guess that could be the hint
(featuring worse COVID, de-facto split of USA and renewed Caliphat, making Molotov-Ribbentrop-ish deal with China)

View attachment 635711
This most recent attempt of mine at a cover of GURPS' "Armada-2" is coming along pretty well, although I'm becoming very aware of the limitations of the WorldA and cartography in general in regard to depicting non-Westphalian entities. The biggest offender here is the United Provinces of New France, which includes the Wabanaki Confederacy and the Council of Three Fires as associated states; the problem is that their territory overlaps with multiple provinces, and isn't always coterminous with them either. I'll be making inset maps to show things like this in greater detail, but on the main map I'm still struggling to find a good-looking way to show them. There's also Siam: it's under French influence but has vassals of its own, and to make matters worse most of those are vassals in name only at this point.
I really like the work you have just produced.
The colours are well used, and the different administrative and political boundaries are well done.
Your map is supposed to be the cover for what? Do you have a link back to "Armada-2"?

Deleted member 160141

Part of an ASB TL idea where a result of the ASB is there's no Barbarossa with the Soviets only joining when the Axis was on the edge of defeat.
View attachment 636215
Nice to see an independent Dali and Liangguang. Oh, and Sikkim's on the map too; almost nobody ever pays attention to them.

I do wonder how Japan kept Taiwan, though.

Nice to see an independent Dali and Liangguang. Oh, and Sikkim's on the map too; almost nobody ever pays attention to them.

I do wonder how Japan kept Taiwan, though.
It is a work in progress I just hadn’t gotten to that part yet trying to decide if it’s back in Chinese hands or is under US occupation for the moment as the United Front broke ITTL hence the independent Dali and Lianguang.

Deleted member 160141

I wonder if anybody's ever posted a Suvorov map; one where Suvorov's most out-there ideas (Icebreaker) were true and the Soviets got their attack off before Barbarossa.

Deleted member 160141

It is a work in progress I just hadn’t gotten to that part yet trying to decide if it’s back in Chinese hands or is under US occupation for the moment as the United Front broke ITTL hence the independent Dali and Lianguang.
Chonkier Soviet Central Asia: Britain getting Great Game flashbacks.

armada-2.png

I feel like I found a decent enough solution for New France's native provinces, and otherwise it looks to me like the only things I've got left are Indonesia, a couple more Native American tribal confederacies, some inset maps for greater detail on particular regions*, numbered points of interest, and, maybe, a halfway decent writeup.

*Currently planning on covering New France (provinces, languages, and maybe something to do with political parties), administrative divisions of the Spanish and Swedish Empires, major states of the Holy Roman Empire, religions of Europe, and the height of the Fifth Monarchists' Revolt in 1667. Any other suggestions? I might want to have a closeup on the Pathan Empire or Bengal, or the Ethiopian Civil War, or some other pivotal moments in TTL's history, but I also kind of just want to finish this so I dunno.

What would be the most realistic North America out of these four for a scenario where Henry V outlives Charles VI and becomes King of France as well as the UK?
north america proposals.png

1) The USA goes through with the Louisiana purchase after gaining independence.
2) The USA never gets Louisiana and there's big Canada.
3) A practically unified North America if the 13 Colonies never rebelled.
4) Practically the same as the first, but the USA gets some coastline, also blocking the British-French from the Mexican Californians (who in my tl aren't on each others good sides.