WIP Map Thread

ethnoafrica.png

Almost done! I can't seem to find good ethnic maps of Congo(-Brazzaville) or Botswana, and I'm not sure whether to put Ambazonia with Nigeria and Cameroon or set it off as independent.
Edit: Also not sure if I should expand Malawi into Makua-Lomwe.

Last edited:
Soviet aligned switzerland? most surprising

Maybe you could you do something with colours? US and french blue and soviet (puppets) and british pink seems too close for me at least? Just change a shades a bit...?
The difficult to distinguish shades and ambiguity of a Soviet Switzerland are drawbacks of the old color scheme I was using it seems, the next iteration I'll change some things up to prevent confusion!

Dusted off my Batavia map in favor of something different; as with the last one, the borders for Belgium/North Brabant/Limburg originally came from a map by @Frank with the rest added on by me from my Moselrhein map, and now featuring the upper Rheinprovinz. I'm not thrilled with the Rheinprovinz portion yet, but that's what makes it a WIP right now.

Epo_rCFXcAITYXb.png

Pogchamp

Banned

A successful 1860s Australia Republican revolt in an ongoing TL I'm working on. They largely have the horrible logistics, ongoing Indian Revolt, and Royal Navy Mutiny to thank for their independence.

Pogchamp

Banned

Working on Italy for the 1847 TL I'm working on. The Peninsula has yet to unify, mainly due to a lack of French support mixed with a stronger conservative presence.

One of the maps on my towering, tottering WIP stack is a redo of Tony Jones' "Monarchy World", with some modifications such as Prussia not being idiots and forming an alliance with the NEU countries. Now, to distinguish them as a group, I want a color scheme, and I initially went for shades of light orange to go with Dutch orange, but upon inspection it doesn't contrast enough with British pink. I want to use a color that will stand out from British pinks and dark low saturation reds as well as Russian dark greens and Chinese imperial bright greens: any suggestions?

This is Europe so far.

MonarchyMapSample.PNG