WIP Map Thread

I'd argue the second empire even existing at all in the first place is a wild choice, same with the (seemingly) OTL Franco-Prussian war. You'd be just as likely to see the Restoration Monarchy last. A 1810 POD would shake up European politics to such an extent that it's almost impossible to expect these events to occur is such a similar way.
No, the Franco-Prussian war hasn't taken place. I think the 2nd Empire is a likely outcome, seeing as Louis-Napoleon got overwhelming support in both 1848 and 1852, ad maintained high levels of popular support as late as May 1870. And the similarities are only superficial at this point: I asked about potential border adjustments precisely because none of the borders are set in stone, with the biggest change I've committed to being French A-L.

Pogchamp

Banned
No, the Franco-Prussian war hasn't taken place. I think the 2nd Empire is a likely outcome, seeing as Louis-Napoleon got overwhelming support in both 1848 and 1852, ad maintained high levels of popular support as late as May 1870. And the similarities are only superficial at this point: I asked about potential border adjustments precisely because none of the borders are set in stone, with the biggest change I've committed to being French A-L.
It's unlikely he'd have the 1848 support though. Your TL seems like it has more of an 1850s POD than 1810, since I can't tell if anything prior to 1850 is different from OTL

It's unlikely he'd have the 1848 support though. Your TL seems like it has more of an 1850s POD than 1810, since I can't tell if anything prior to 1850 is different from OTL
My POD is a random thought in a minor merchant in Buenos Aires and a stray bullet in rural colonial Córdoba. It is not a European timeline though, so I've avoided making random changes that would not have been affected by the events in South America.

Pogchamp

Banned
My POD is a random thought in a minor merchant in Buenos Aires and a stray bullet in rural colonial Córdoba. It is not a European timeline though, so I've avoided making random changes that would not have been affected by the events in South America.
Everything is connected. Even a minor change in South America would start to see minor effects in Europe after a decade at most. I'd be pushed to say it would take less than 5 years from a major city like Buenos Aires. Think about it this way, if your very minor POD in South America changes things a lot in South America, why wouldn't very minor ripples from that POD in Europe affect Europe as well?

Everything is connected. Even a minor change in South America would start to see minor effects in Europe after a decade at most. I'd be pushed to say it would take less than 5 years from a major city like Buenos Aires. Think about it this way, if your very minor POD in South America changes things a lot in South America, why wouldn't very minor ripples from that POD in Europe affect Europe as well?
With all due respect, the inverse is equally true and absolutely bonkers or incomprehensibly convergent South American borders never prompt this sort of response. Europe was simply not relevant to the story I was telling so I made the authorial decision to keep changes to a minimum, that's it.

Fraternité en Rébellion.png

A WIP WorldA map based upon the Hoi4 mod Fraternité en Rébellion.

Pogchamp

Banned
With all due respect, the inverse is equally true and absolutely bonkers or incomprehensibly convergent South American borders never prompt this sort of response. Europe was simply not relevant to the story I was telling so I made the authorial decision to keep changes to a minimum, that's it.
Ah fair enough. In that case it's less a question of realism and more on of storytelling. If your aim is to tell a isolated story that's valid, I just didn't think that was the case with it being a map of Europe, my bad.

Not a huge fan of how convergent it is to OTL. An 1810 POD predates the Congress of Vienna, that alone should change the borders significantly
I mean while a lot of borders are kind of similar, the countries and to an extent the balance of power are interestingly altered.

1607654856426.png

Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't heard of any timelines based around if the german occupation borders were just the actual military frontlines

Maria Theresa take her revenge on Fritz, whose kingdom was stripped of everything apart of Brandenburg itself and part of Pomerania. Sweden reclaim Stettin, Russia took Prussia (and switch for Courland), Saxony Magdeburg. Luxembourg was going to Bourbon prince of Parma, while another french prince take Pomerania-Stolp (and later polish crown).
Later, without prussian opposition, Habsburgs cut deal with Wittelsbachs and get Bavaria, while former rulers of it had buffer state between Germany and France on lower Rhine (former A. Netherland, Pfalz, Berg and former prussian territories there).
There was still a war with Ottomans, but here, Austria was doing better and get Belgrade and "Turkish Croatia".
Outside of Europe I know just that France was stil defeated in colonies (but slightly less than OTL, I guess?) and there was still american revolution (not on the map, yet)
Any ideas?

1MariaTheresa Revenge.png

Looking back at Oromia, I think you should kick Gambela Region out, and join that with Nuerdinka. Gambela is Nilotic, while Oromia is Cushitic.

Also, the Blue Nile State in Sudan should be moved to Neurdinka for the same reason.
@erictom333 you also have given parts of Kenya that speak Oromo (and Orma, closely related) to Somalia