WIP Map Thread

Working on a commission for the first time in many years. The PoD is an American Empire that conquered Canada in 1812 as well as Mexico and Central America at a later, unspecified point. The Civil War is also avoided. I've also added two Easter Eggs for my own enjoyment ;)

Thoughts?
I like it.
I agree with the thoughts about the borders however.
Couple of other thoughts;
Newfoundland was independent of Canada, could this have been kept by Britain?
Texas could be bigger if it joined the US voluntarily or a lot smaller if it had to be conquered. Would be interesting to get clarification from your commissioner.
Independent Yucatan as a vassal state?
Belize & other British interests in central America? Could they have increased as a result of the wars?

Lastly, I don't recognize the base-map, can I get a copy and is it a world map you have cut down?

I like it.
I agree with the thoughts about the borders however.
Couple of other thoughts;
Newfoundland was independent of Canada, could this have been kept by Britain?
Texas could be bigger if it joined the US voluntarily or a lot smaller if it had to be conquered. Would be interesting to get clarification from your commissioner.
Independent Yucatan as a vassal state?
Belize & other British interests in central America? Could they have increased as a result of the wars?

As I understand it, all of OTL Canada was conquered in 1812, including Newfoundland. Likewise, I gather that Texas followed the same trajectory as in OTL, only with all of Mexico following it into the US after the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848. Yucatan is a a territory, but like most of Mexico it's fraught with resistance towards increased Yankeesation :)

(Please disregard The North Pacific Coean and the missing city names in Texas and Hispaniola).

Lastly, I don't recognize the base-map, can I get a copy and is it a world map you have cut down?

It's probably because it was generated using QGis and a custom projection web-page :) I'm not sure if it'll be any use to you, but I could send the blank map with rivers and lakes etc?

Last edited:
NewTo2WW2(1948)WW3.png

Got this done, finally
Now I get to work on the European theater, only issue I have is how I want to do it. I was thinking about maybe learning how to do a time-lapse sort of or just a static image with some descriptions.

Other than the abomination that is the Francopone New Brunswick State and the division of Michigan, I very much dig this
the division of the UP was actually the main thing that started this map, since there were a lot of territories that had claims on it, why not all of them at once? Also the division of Michigan is just because I've been having an idea for that for a bit. The francophone New Brunswick requires some handwavium, but it's good enough

1604174971907.png

Just a small update on that diagram of the Solar System that I had posted some time ago: still very beginning of WIP, but base is already done

Ulyanovsk

Donor
GGR.png

Not much but continuing to fiddle around with a "realistic" Nazi Empire map - used the opportunity on Photoshop to learn how to overlay maps properly and so drew decent subdivisions for the Reichskommissariats Ostland and Ukraine, Moskowien and Kaukasia are still a bit rough.

MSTL_newborders_wip2.png

Yes folks, I'm still working on my TL, only that it was on the back burner for a good while; that and I do need to readjust the borders to reflect the World Government's need to "discourage" seperatist-nationalism (like as if that'll ever happen).