WIP Map Thread

Anyone knowledgeable about Irish history in the 1520s-30s who can give me feedback on the cities and episcopal and archiepiscopal sees on the map below? Maybe @RossN ?

Last edited:
Things will go a bit faster this week, I hope. Just need to figure out what to do with Andean America - aliens in the Atacama?

View attachment 583105
Man, this is totally awesome! I love it!
Please finish it!

(also, for south America... what about ground sloths as beasts of burden? if dinos would be too much (whuch... wouldnt? :D)

And those hungry hobbits... have they something to do with HPL´s cannibalistic tscho-tschos?

It will get done, no fear.

And those hungry hobbits... have they something to do with HPL´s cannibalistic tscho-tschos?
The idea here is that both Tolkien and Robert Howard's tales have actual historical roots in this world, [1]and the Flores "Hobbits" were actual three foot intelligent hominims. The "they hunger" bit is my joke, based on the whole "Hobbits enjoy six meals a day, when they can get them" thing - these "real life" Hobbits aren't picky about what they eat, humans intruding on their jungle territory soon become lunch, generally never seeing them before being filled with poison darts or brained by slung rocks. (Think of the Andaman Islander in Sherlock Holmes's The Sign of Four, but less ugly and jollier when putting a *mint sauce on you.)

[1] Although there will also be Von Daniken Ancient Astronaut stuff and a touch of Lovecraft, with *Tsalal in Zealandia and *Tscho-Tschos in Sundaland.

Are the Tolkein elements based on the crackpot theory that Lord of the Rings is real and that Sauron is from Saturn and is also Sargon of Akkad and that he invented time?

Are the Tolkein elements based on the crackpot theory that Lord of the Rings is real and that Sauron is from Saturn and is also Sargon of Akkad and that he invented time?
I mean, isn't the part about middle earth being like beta earth or sm true in the hobbit universe, and also for the rest of it, pardon?