WIP Map Thread

1594544622254.png

Finished Chinese minorities. Including: Koreans, Manchus, Mongols, Hui, Kazakhs, Uyghurs, Tibetans, Lisu, Bai, Dei, Yi, Hani, Zhuang, Li, and 3 different Miao states.

View attachment 565439
Finished Chinese minorities. Including: Koreans, Manchus, Mongols, Hui, Kazakhs, Uyghurs, Tibetans, Lisu, Bai, Dei, Yi, Hani, Zhuang, Li, and 3 different Miao states.
Why are Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, and Shenzhen distinct from the rest of Han China?

Also, Ulanqab has a Mongol population of 2-3%, it really shouldn't be part of Mongolia

Turpan should be part of the Uyghur state

Last edited:
A post-game map for an ISOT map game I got a bunch of my IRL friends to play. The map's pretty much finished, it's just writing the description that's going to take forever.

Whisper (post-game).png

View attachment 566164
Finished China + bonus Japan.
It doesn't really make sense to separate those urban areas from the rest of China. They are all more tied to their regional identity than to people from other major Chinese cities. Really, Beijing and Tianjin should be part of the Mandarin state, and Shanghai part of the Wu state (Shanghainese is actually the prestige dialect of Wu). Shenzhen is a special case but it should also really be part of the Mandarin country.

There's also a lot of justification for having all of the Chinese dialects be part of the same state, since the PRC has focused on destroying local separatism among Han, but leaving it as multiple countries like this isn't necessarily wrong.

Also your "Mongolia" actually has a Han Chinese majority, as about 6.4 Mongols live in that area compared to 6.6 Han Chinese

Last edited:
This is a WIP OTL map of the Isle of Youth, an island off the coast of Cuba (of which it is part of), that I am working on as a commission:

Last edited:
an adaptation of @CyberPhoenix001's scenario I Wish I Wasn't In Dixie, nearing completion
dnm_v2.png

at this point I think the map itself is finished (barring minor revisions). I'd like to add points of interest, though, so if anybody's got questions about any particular part I'd really appreciate it if you pointed them out so I can write notes for them. the reason I ask is that while I know what I want to explain, I don't know how people seeing this for the first time would react and I want to try to respond to that.

also, yknow, I'd just appreciate any feedback in general

Last edited:
I'd like to add points of interest, though, so if anybody's got questions about any particular part I'd really appreciate it if you pointed them out so I can write notes for them.
In regards to points of interest, I think that what appears to be an occupied northern Chad, war in New Guinea and Bengal, and that independent state between Serbia and Hungary, are the most interesting areas at first glance.
As for the map itself, the color scheme and internal borders mesh quite well.