WIP Map Thread

I always had the interest to write a Future Timeline where, by the 2150s, almost everything went wrong for the world; a break between Europe and the US, a limited WWIII over the melted Arctic passage, a collapse of the global economy and famines as a result of degraded arable farmlands, and overall worse and worse climate change forcing rather liberal countries adopting more and more autocratic features with Europe, for example, practically becoming a collection of de-facto military juntas. China embraces totalitarianism to its greatest extent thanks to improving supervision technologies and the senate and congress of the USA practically being in a constant deadlock over most affairs, with the country itself resembling more and more a corporate dystopia. The Middle East, after the end of commercial oil, fails to lift off into a post-oil economy and falls into a great war which had been building up for decades, ending with an (extremely limited) nuclear exchange. Overall, the world is in a constant cold war between the EU, the US, and the PRC over the Arctic passage, spheres of influences, orbital weapons and mining rights on the moon and beyond.
It's not supposed to be hyperrealistic, but I always thought it would be a fun timeline to write and read, but I think it would gather enough attention to make extensive writing worthwhile.
Note: the black areas are inhabited, but do not necessarily resemble some sort of anarchic state within the region, but rather such a complete collapse of authority that communalism and warlordism emerged victorious in these areas.

1592969458850.png

Working on a "United States of Earth" using mostly past and present OTL borders to make the states. North America is pretty much done but I haven't touched much outside of the Americas yet cause I want to finish South America. Brazil, Venezuela, and Argentina are mostly done, but I'm not happy with Colombia, Ecuador, or Peru, and Chile and Bolivia could also use some work. Very open to suggestions.

Last edited:
View attachment 559705
Working on a "United States of Earth" using mostly past and present OTL borders to make the states. North America is pretty much done but I haven't touched much outside of the Americas yet cause I want to finish South America. Brazil, Venezuela, and Argentina are mostly done, but I'm not happy with Colombia, Ecuador, or Peru, and Chile and Bolivia could also use some work. Very open to suggestions.
Maybe split coastal and inland parts of andean countries? Also peruvian (ecuadorean/colombian) parts of Amazonia merge with brazilian Amazon?
But better to ask someone who actually knows something about S. America :D

qbam - Copy - Copy.png

Basically "aliens take over the world and redraw the borders based purely on ethnolinguistic lines". Need a bit of help with Volgograd Oblast.

View attachment 559777
Basically "aliens take over the world and redraw the borders based purely on ethnolinguistic lines". Need a bit of help with Volgograd Oblast.
If you want to do that, then southern Abkhazia should also be part of Georgia, most of West Azerbaijan Province would be Azeri territory, and parts of southern Georgia would be controlled by Armenia and Azerbaijan. Malachkala is an mixed city ethnic-wise so it's okay to have it lumped with the Kumyks.

Just FYI, getting started again on the wanks series:

(Still too miffed about losing Mongolia, etc. to start right back at the M's, so I'm skipping ahead to do some Is at first. The second and third maps are a bit tentative right now)

WanksIsraeltoHonduras.png

Just FYI, getting started again on the wanks series:

(Still too miffed about losing Mongolia, etc. to start right back at the M's, so I'm skipping ahead to do some Is at first. The second and third maps are a bit tentative right now)

View attachment 560825
So, I'm assuming the top one is a diaspora, multi-state-style wank, the left one is a modern Israel wank, and the right one is an ancient Israel wank?