WIP Map Thread

More or less done but worth a post
1588909003044.png

So I've started work on an Equal Earth OTL 1651 Basemap that people can use for their own work, because we need more Equal Earth Maps!

So far I've done the gunpowder empires and the British Isles. I'm using blurred outlines because the idea of a strict border in those locations is anachronistic. Instead, they were imperial-feudal polities that exerted transitory control over their peripheries that was modulated by fickle vassals and tributaries.

hwV2QjM.png

Last edited:
I take it by the blue in southern England that Frankish culture had a greater impact on Britain, or a romance language somehow survived in the south.

Yes, those are the Franco-Saxons, who will eventually rule the British Isles.

Expect the most pedant etiquette and snobery by the 19 and 20 centuries.

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
So I've started work on an Equal Earth OTL 1651 Basemap that people can use for their own work, because we need more Equal Earth Maps!

So far I've done the gunpowder empires and the British Isles. I'm using blurred outlines because the idea of a strict border in those locations is anachronistic. Instead, they were imperial-feudal polities that exerted transitory control over their peripheries that was modulated by fickle vassals and tributaries.

hwV2QjM.png
i mean you could just use a different color from the other borders to show it's undefined. having to deal with the blur seems a bit...cumbersome.

hwV2QjM.png
Imo, I would just show the dejure ownership.

All right, the people have spoken! We will move away from blurred lines for now back to a more traditional portrayal. I have also decided to move back to a more traditional color scheme.
gl4PeQV.png

Image.png

An alien world as the main setting for story idea i have. I havent mapped out the topogtaphy or the climate yet but here are some things that differentiate from our Earth and Solar System:

Its warmer with an average temperature of 19.2 C
Its bigger something like 1.1 to 1.5 times the diameter of Earth, gravity is pretty similar though (subject to change)
It orbits a K-type star.
Has two moons.

I dont want to give anymore information i have planned out away yet.

Is anyone wants to provide some advice/input feel free to.

All right, the people have spoken! We will move away from blurred lines for now back to a more traditional portrayal. I have also decided to move back to a more traditional color scheme.
gl4PeQV.png
Keep up the work, but China is very wrong, though you may still be working on it?
The transition between the Qing and the Ming is still undergoing a bloody conflict, and the Manchu forces have yet to fully secure China. Southern Ming and their allies still hold territory, roughly in the areas of southern Shaanxi, Chongqing, Guangxi, and western Guangdong. Sun Kewang owns the two provinces of Yunnan and Guizhou who has his own state with the Qin seal, and sort of has a pseudo-alliance with the Southern Ming. Koxinga owns much of the coast Jiangnan. The Qing also do not own the Qinghai lake and own much of outer manchuria and inner mongolia. And the native Gāoshān people still own Formosa, not China.

Last edited:
Keep up the work, but China is very wrong, though you may still be working on it?
The transition between the Qing and the Ming is still undergoing a bloody conflict, and the Manchu forces have yet to fully secure China. Southern Ming and their allies still hold territory, roughly in the areas of southern Shaanxi, Chongqing, Guangxi, and western Guangdong. Sun Kewang owns the two provinces of Yunnan and Guizhou who has his own state with the Qin seal, and sort of has a pseudo-alliance with the Southern Ming. Koxinga owns much of the coast Jiangnan. The Qing also do not own the Qinghai lake and own much of outer manchuria and inner mongolia. And the native Gāoshān people still own Formosa, not China.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I am still working on China, for now I just copied the old Worlda map (in which that author had the Qing owning everything.)

I’m curious to know if you’ve done any more on this.
Not sure when and if I finish it, however, at least most important parts are done or at least WIP - Spanish and Portugal empires, Ming China, "Turko-Persia" as prime islamic power, Greater Korea... Anatolia, central/northern Asia or middle India shall be edited a bit
Someone some questions, tips or suggestions?
Hispanowank.png

unknown.png

WIP for a massive project, still a few weeks out. Using a new color scheme being worked on, but also using a few other schemes to fill in the gaps as that gets completed.

I am not someon who can say something about history of India (damn, Id probably use some help with it in my map above :D), but if that help... I like that map

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. I'm not sure I totally understood you though. Also, a few more specific questions. Would you say that there's too much text flying around in different directions? Should the river labels be smaller?