WIP Map Thread

partition germany .jpg

Partition of Germany between Prussia and Austria on Congress of Vienna. Wettins in Principality of Cracow as a Russia client state, Russia collects Ruthenian lands, Austria take areas with bavarian and alemanic dialets spoken, Baden swift western-nord and take Palatinate, Wurtemberg takes northern Bavaria with east franconic dialect spoken, Wittelsbachs take Rheinland and Westfalen. Prussia lost western exclaves, but take Saxony and some polish lands instead.

Update #2: I changed basemaps from M-Bam to 8K-Bam. Here's the map.
NOOOOOO EDWARD VIII YOU CANT JUST ASCEND TO THE THRONE NOOOOOO.PNG

Most of Europe is finally done, Eastern Europe is still needing a lot of attention.
Africa is complete, might need a few more touch-ups.
India is done, I might rework the Southern Dominion (the pink stain in the south)
China and Japan have received no love :(
South America is South America, I might make big Columbia cause fuck it.
North America will be the last place I'll work on.
FUCK RUSSIA, no Russia is fine, might be a few pixels I didn't paint over, but I'll probably work on making it all Barbarossa'd.
Any suggestions, comments, or critiques are welcomed as always.

Last edited:
Some more work done on my TL-191 map (the Central Powers won wholly in the Great War, though the CSA regained its independence in the 1960s after a lengthy struggle), mostly recoloring, but I feel that it changes the geopolitical themes of the work drastically.

Basically, a rising Japan got shot down by an America-backed Russia in the 1940s. Decades after this timeline's Russo-Japanese War, Russia (much stronger than in OTL with no revolution and no German invasion) throws Japan fully out of continental Asia.

By this timeline's 2000, America is by far the world's premier maritime-industrial power, and has largely moved on from its troubles with the Confederacy to establish transoceanic trade networks and alliances.

The CSA unfortunately learned that independence was a poisoned gift. America took several areas that it had resettled in the decades after the Great War, and a few more for military purposes (eg Northern Virginia.) And with no civil society to speak of, the military quickly took over, and it is now impoverished, overmilitarized, and stuck in that position forever.

oninvPu.png

polymericans.png

Portions of the Americas to be colonized by Polynesian explorers. These kingdoms would probably only last a few generations, I would appreciate some suggestions or advice for this if possible.

Portions of the Americas to be colonized by Polynesian explorers. These kingdoms would probably only last a few generations, I would appreciate some suggestions or advice for this if possible.

Don't know how realistic this is, but some research has been done showing the Polynesians may have been able to sail all the way to Peru and back. Perhaps more exploration farther to the south as well?

I don't know what this is yet, but I am as ever in awe of your work. Do you have a blank version of this to work off as a base map (preferably including the remainder of Italy)?

I can make a blank version of it pretty quickly, In fact It's already done (without the tip of Italy though). However it's not my map, so I would need @Bob Hope 's permission to post it. I know some folks don't like when other people just take their bases.

newspanishempireuniverse.png

Map of a universe where Spain and Italy had more colonies than they did OTL, and Spain was a member of the Allies in WWI. The current year is 1930.

Last edited: