WIP Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by B-29_Bomber, Jun 1, 2017.

1. 245 Well-Known Member

the words, bummer on the switch, I going to miss the previous one, but keep up the good work.

2. xmoose Well-Known Member

Also north China and middle... Hindustan are pretty big... what about divided Egypt? F*ck Menej, make Lower Land great again!

3. NiGHTS Falling from hell

Plata now has 32 provinces. Now on to Peru, Bogota, Brasil, Mexico, and North America. I guess I'll also do New Holland. Then, maybe just maybe, China,India and South Africa.

4. Baconheimer Berserker of Chaos

Former Confederate Republic of Virginia (FCROV)
    Progress on my Patriotpunk sequel map. The world is collapsing here. The legend is kept from the previous map.

afterthestorm.png

theev, XFE, merkmuds and 3 others like this.
  5. Cattette Katzerin

Hungary in 1891 again - Previous post
    [​IMG]
    Alright, so I improved the water a bit. This time it was a part of the render, while before it was added in post. Lemme know what you think about that.

I also added cities and marked capitals. Currently, all the capitals have the same style, implying Zagreb had the same status as Vienna. Gonna work on that. Right now most of the cities are in their native language and not translated into German. I will work on that.

To further spice up the background a bit I've added graticule numbers all around Hungary. It still feels empty and im not sure about what more to add, any suggestions?

The elephant in the room is, of course, the new land gradient. In my previous post, I stated that I wanted to make it look like the relief was coming out of the paper instead of floating above it. I think I've managed to implement that effect pretty nicely. Compare the smooth transition from the Croatia-Slavonian - Hungarian border with the harsh and jagged mountainous Romania-Hungary border.

To-do is probably to make another render. This time I want to add some margins where I can put a scale, title, and other info. I'll also see what I can do about the relief material. Making at least the lower levels look more like paper would make the transition even smoother.

Added rivers to Hungary. Adding them to the rest of the map is probably out of the question since they look too much like the national borders.

My next steps are probably adding national boundaries as well as maybe adding the internal subdivisions of Hungary.

6. Reepicheep Doubt not, Reepicheep.

[​IMG]

The Latin Commonwealth - an island of democracy surrounded by the crumbling West, led by the United Kingdom of Italy.

I have done next to no work on this map in the two weeks since I posted the above, a damned shame as I still really like the scenario. But hey, life happens.

7. KolyenuKS not a farmer I think

upload_2019-11-7_21-12-56.png
    wip

8. B_Munro Member

I am not sure how it manages to be an island of democracy with all those colonies, but it does look purty. :)

Bleh and Reepicheep like this.
  9. NiGHTS Falling from hell

North American Provinces.png
    The Provinces of the Kingdom of North America(before the North Atlantic War). I still need to work out the northern territories. I've actually named a couple.
    1. New Albion. I think this is enough of a cliche to know where it is.
    2. The OTL Atlantic Provinces are joined as a single province called Newfoundland.
    3. Quebec was never French, so it gets the name Drakesylvania (This is a in-joke to a show I watch.) Founded by Donald Drake. Is currently being run by his descendant, Lydia Drake with help from her niece, Mavis Drake.
    4. What's left of OTL Ontario gets the name Gloriana.
    5. One of the others get called Wellington.
    6. New Cornwall
    7. Prince Edmund
    Also, this place, though a Kingdom, has more of OTL USA's culture than Canada's. It's super protestant and has (had) the capital of the whole place at Boston. It can also be pretty puritan in it's values at times.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  10. Blacklister3000 Libertarian of sorts

How is the progress on your series of poorly explained wanks?

11. NiGHTS Falling from hell

It's going well. I have drawn the internal borders of several areas and still have to do some more. Still quite some time before I can get to the real fun part of drawing the legend.

12. Blacklister3000 Libertarian of sorts

Sorry, I meant to say @B_Munro.

13. KolyenuKS not a farmer I think

upload_2019-11-9_17-30-12.png
    don't worry, this will make sense one day, also I have no clue how the rest of the world except for oceania will be when it's finished

14. B_Munro Member

My wanks? Well, have two more maps to go on the latest installment: South Africa and Syria.

Bleh likes this.
  15. xmoose Well-Known Member

OK, that maybe wasn´t that good idea after all :D
    ASoIFaR.png

16. TheScottishMongol Monstergirl

This might be of use

Attached Files:

xmoose likes this.
  17. Blacklister3000 Libertarian of sorts

What about Spain and South Sudan?

18. B_Munro Member

Already done. I don't necessarily finish these off in strict alphabetical order.

xmoose likes this.
  19. xmoose Well-Known Member

Oh, thanks! I may use it for hypotetical sequel :)
    (white dpes not represent, necesarily, ice here, but just "blank spots on the map", here be monsters etc. ...)

20. Ernak Master of WIP's

Experimenting with images

[​IMG]