WIP Map Thread

Norway is paying quite a homage to the USA.

Anyhoo, my internet service is pretty much screwed up for now, so I won't be posting much till I get it fixed. (Indeed, tonight has nothing but Upload Failure). I lost my little "gallery of wanks', which was greatly annoying, since I'd already had to redo Austria once. If I manage to gather the gumption to return to it, I think I shall start from the Zs and work my way backwards, to delay my having to carry out duplicate efforts.

An attempt at digitizing a map I drew on paper in high school. We still haven't even got to Great Nigeria or the Shahdom of Siberia.

mapfrompaper2.png

Isaac Beach

Banned
Norway is paying quite a homage to the USA.

Anyhoo, my internet service is pretty much screwed up for now, so I won't be posting much till I get it fixed. (Indeed, tonight has nothing but Upload Failure). I lost my little "gallery of wanks', which was greatly annoying, since I'd already had to redo Austria once. If I manage to gather the gumption to return to it, I think I shall start from the Zs and work my way backwards, to delay my having to carry out duplicate efforts.

Surely you can copy paste from your post on the prior page? Or are they jpeged or similarly pixelated?

Australia got out of control: hopefully I can rein in Austria a bit.

Hope to get at least through the Bs before I move on to a new installment.

View attachment 486592

I have maps in WIP, but not ready to post right now. However, these are the ideas that I'm working on, that an intrepid mapmaker may want to take up. My work focuses on near-future, far-future, punk, and absurdism.

1) Black Tiger
Named after the CMANO scenario series titled...Black Tiger. The gist is that there's a further deterioration between Iran and America, leading to 2 carrier groups going to the Hormuz area. The Iranians pull out a suspiciously large number of state-of-the-art armaments, sink the fleet, and close Hormuz. America is enraged, India and China are panicking, and Russia is moving fast into its old sphere. It doesn't take a genius to know that Iran was merely a catspaw...

2) Verdant Sands
21st century Africa witnesses the collision of religion and nationalism against the old colonial structures. Nigeria's collapse leads to the rise of a Hausa-Fulani superstate, with various other groups joining in. This nation appears to be the antithesis of the West: unapologetically religious and communitarian, with an eco-friendly, hyperlocal democracy. Can it demonstrate an alternative to the American neoliberal juggernaut?

3) 1980s Punk
Journey and Depeche Mode still rule the roost, the Soviet Union is thrashing between reformists and hardliners, and America ascends towards the final forms of capitalist decadence. What does a world look like where the 1980s never ended?

Last edited:
Surely you can copy paste from your post on the prior page? Or are they jpeged or similarly pixelated?

That occurred to me too, a couple hours after I posted (and since I wasn't able to post at the time, I didn't correct myself). But I still lost a few hours of progress. (Still having trouble posting, too. This took me multiple tries...)

reRB3tJ.png

Work in Progress snippet of a map for my ATL where Poland after Versailles and Bolshevik War come out a bit beefier, but not without problems.

May i ask how you did that ? What program did you use ?

Well, I used MediBang Paint, and it wasn't too complicated, basically this program has some very interesting features regarding the selection tool. What I did was select to expand 1 pixel with the edges rounding the coastlines and create a 1 pixel border outside the selection, then create a new layer and repeat the process with larger expansion sizes and different colors to form a gradient with the ocean and voalà! Oh, and for those who want QBAM world map with this effect here is the image with some extra layers

ddglwnj-d113bb4f-8ec4-4bd4-a3db-0c9599cc4d3c.png