WIP Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by B-29_Bomber, Jun 1, 2017.

1. xmoose Well-Known Member

In USSR-wank scenario? After war between Poles and bolsheviks? Also, this is not Curzon line...

@Tert2567 well, what is the rest of world? And what is POD, if there is some?

2. timmy_khagann Nomad of the Red Plains

Finally got back now that my laptop's up and running again. Here's a continuation of my previous map from five months ago:

[​IMG]

Just about done tracing the Yangtze river system. After this I'll work my way down to the Pearl River Delta, inch eastwards until Southern China is fully traced, and then start doing the Central Plain rivers. Because standardizing river width is a pain with these many tributaries, I opted to use width 3 only on the major rivers of the region, and 1.5 for the rest.

Also, does anybody have any experience in using contour lines to depict mountains in Inkscape? And does the map look fine as it is and without any mountains in the first place? Thanks.

Milites, CannedTech, TrucKola and 8 others like this.
  3. KuboCaskett Resident Otaku

A WIP map of my Red Dawn (the 1984 film) cover, and yes I used the Red Dawn +20 TL for ideas (and then some, namely with some liberties taken to make this somewhat close to plausible):
    [​IMG]

4. FleetMac Patriotic Scalawag

Wow, surprised this hasn't been done before, good job! Any interest in an "after the war" map, especially given at least how RD+20 ended up?

EDIT: Forgot to address this being a WIP, so if my question is still "in the works", please disregard.

5. KuboCaskett Resident Otaku

To be honest I've just started reading up on the TL and it seems disjointed despite a noble attempt at filling out the world the film is set in; that and I haven't thought of doing an aftermath but rather before the war starts but I'd figure I'd have the map set during the war. It's on my to do list you know.

6. FesteringSpore Birthday Wisher

metaverse redux 3.png metaverse redux 3.png

upload_2019-8-22_14-48-10.png

Third attempt at giving the world of my novel some coherency.

Not done, obviously.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  7. Etruscan-enthusiast35 I make garbage for a living

Hobbiton, The Shire, Eriador, Middle-Earth
    greater libys.png
    Alternate territorial ambitions for Libya, centered around the idea of Libya considering itself to be the direct descendant of Carthage.

8. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

You would think the "direct descendant of Carthage" might have controlled Carthage at some point in its history. Even Tripolitania never controlled Tunisia.

9. xmoose Well-Known Member

And you thought that Versailles and Trianon were harsh?
    (Europe almost completed, not sure if I should do Anatolia also... it would be mostly likely just variation on OTL Sevrés...)

Attached Files:

Miner and Imperator Frank like this.
  10. Iserlohn Amateur Cartographer

Arrondissement Hagen (Grand Duchy of Berg)
    EnhancedWorldA - Old NA.png

This map, intended to be a scenario where Teddy Roosevelt becomes the Republican nominee instead of Taft (resulting in Roosevelt winning his third term) is almost done, as you can see.

China is provisional, I'm not really happy with it (but I wanted to have the colors and the general provinces on there).

EDIT: Changed the borders of Italian North Africa a bit.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  11. Dr. Doom Well-Known Member

Progress continues on my 1980s Punk Map! Some themes were inspired by B_Munro's 1980s Retrofuture. Basemap is EqualAA projection (and not Robinson Worlda.) Subsequent pixel editing is all my work.

I wanted to show organized crime and rebel movements, but there was no way to do it without the map becoming an eyesore.

[​IMG]

12. lou3004 Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

maps of my "guy claims to be jesus, becomes European Hong Xiuquan in the 11th century" TL. 1300 AD, 1400 AD and 1600 AD. everything except the Americas are uncomplete in the 3rd one

13. Etruscan-enthusiast35 I make garbage for a living

komi.png
    Another snippet of the melted Earth apocalypse.

14. Battleship-Tanager Active Member

A cut-out of the German-led Europaischer Staatenbund (plus turkey and azerbaijan). An dumb as shiet attempt of a nazi-wank which i probably will not continue as holy shit the nazi state is quite flawed and contradictory

Attached Files:

15. ST15RM Ich bin ein AH.commer!

no

16. xmoose Well-Known Member

When your king is going totally mad, but also get some supernatural help from old gods...
    (not sure what to do with my "magic napoleonic wars" so I maybe turn them to "magic 18th century wars" in which "classic powers" under guidance of France, ruled by god-emperor Louis Invictus wage ethernal war against their barbarous "gothic" enemies... with satyrs and montgolfiers)
    Inspired by this: https://www.deviantart.com/arthurdrakoni/art/Percy-Jackson-Meets-Captain-Confederacy-485860601

wip.png

CannedTech, Historyman 14 and Crying like this.
  17. APeninSpace And Kish did not cry, as in Etana's vision.

oh hey that's the wrong proposal without napoleon (read it, it's actually the most interesting historical SCP http://www.scp-wiki.net/wrong-proposal)

CannedTech and xmoose like this.
  18. Etruscan-enthusiast35 I make garbage for a living

alieninvasion.png
    See those purplish blobs with white outlines? Those are Human reserves.

19. ST15RM Ich bin ein AH.commer!

so is this like turtledoves race?

20. Etruscan-enthusiast35 I make garbage for a living

There's definitely some inspiration going on here.