WIP Map Thread

KapiTod

Banned
upload_2019-8-3_13-47-17.png

I'm struggling to work out what I want to do with this.

upload_2019-8-6_18-39-47.png

After talking to @Admiral A. Kolchak I amended some of my ideas with China and Japan to come up with this.

Chiang Kaishek has got his wish ITTL, a truce with Japan and a free hand to find the Communists - which beginning in 1941 has turned into a broader war against the Communist sphere of influence in Sinkiang, Mongolia and beyond - alongside Japan and Germany. Following the Fall of France, China occupied French Indochina.

AustriaVNEWIP.png

A VME KaiserReich scenario.

Featuring...
Danubian Union as the resident European Superpower (Now including Bavaria, Lorraine, and Silesia!)
The All Arab Republic
A McArthur United States which conquered Canada but, has to deal with supernatural nastiness all across the Eastern Seaboard,
Azad Hind - Imperial Japanese alliance which also contends with...
That great despoiled region that's run by a supernatural entity that calls himself Tamerlane.

A Steampunk map, a mish-mash of several ideas going on in diverse WIPs.

The basic plot is that there is a steampunk revolution between the American Independence Wars and the Napoleonic Wars. Before being defeated, Napoleon was the master of the Guerre
Éclair: his Colosses (mecha tanks) conquered Europe and Dirigibles (war zeppelins) warred over India.

After the war things were much different in Europe, as you can see. India was made a 'Open Door Zone' (that Indian nationalists and the Sikh want nothing to do with). The Latin American wars were also different: a sucessful Argentine Inca Plan created the United Empire of South America. Meanwhile, the United States, in a fit of technological superiority hubris, tried to annex Mexico after an ATL US-Mexico war. The ensuing occupation broke down the Union (and all of North America) into a million pieces.

It is now... 1870? 1880? 1900? I dunno. Everybody is waiting with bated breath for the Habsburg Empire to collapse. Sudamerica and Brazil seem poised for a war, equipped with the latest Dirigibles and Colosses. North America is embroiled in an endless war, with cowboys, vaqueros and natives using walking mining mechas. In India, the natives are starting to join pan-nationalist indepedence groups. And while some adventurers (a noble and well paid profession!) explore the unknown interior of Africa and the mysterious ruins and cultures of the 'East', most of them are enraptured with the greatest adventure for mankind yet: Space.

The ancient cities of Mars and the jungles of Venus await.

steampunkkkkkkkk.png

I'm too lazy to draw the claims of Lousiana right now so imagine they're there. I'm also thinking of extending the US claims to all of Mexico (maybe even North America) for maximum madness.

The planets, of course, are not final. Luna is basically a dusty desert like OTL, with only some caves and craters having ecosystems (and ruins). Venus is a jungle planet straight out of pulp fiction, full of tribes of all kinds of aliens. Mars is a desert planet also straight out of pulp fiction, with canals and so on, and an ancient, decaying civilization. Mercury a desertic world inhabited by some hardy reptilians, good only for mining and little else. The outer planets are strange, but barely explored. Current aetheric engines aren't practical enough for interestellar missions, but they might be so in the near future...

Last edited:
I have waaay too many of these.

Since other people have been doing random balkanized worlds, I've made a start on one: temporarily out of energy.

Balkanized.png

China based on Tormsen's Chinese confederation, with some changes and less confederation.

@B_Munro Make Novgorod great again!
I wonder how many inhabitants have those republics in east SIberia.
And Turkey is too big! (dtto Iran?) Love Turkish Dobruja, neverthless

Have you ever asked yourself, Damn, I wanna know the most cursed timeline Bennett cold ever make? Because if so, welcome to the first WIP of Trotsky On The Peoples' Throne, where Trotsky not only becomes head of the USSR, but expands his influence across Europe and Asia, causing a Cold War that is fairly hot, which the USA and Friends lose.
Note that a lot of this is still WIP - including Portugal not being colored in as part of the EU, the Balkans being an undefined hellscape as I decide whether to have a reactionary Kingdom of Yugoslavia or Titoist Yugoslavia, and much more!
upload_2019-8-10_2-57-13.png