WIP Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by B-29_Bomber, Jun 1, 2017.

1. KapiTod Fuhrerreich was my idea!

2. HowAboutThisForAName Manservant to Melon the Mischievous Mog

A map I may well not finish. This is a speculation as to the possibility of Protestantism effectively going extinct as a major subdivision of Christianity, as Protestants are the most likely of Christians to lose their faith, statistically speaking. I could go into a long soliloquy about the intricacies of religious demographics, post-Protestantism, and why this map isn't grayer; but it's nearly 1:00 AM so... no.

Religious Makeup of NA.png

3. Emperor-of-New-Zealand It's a figure of speech

Something or another. I haven't done any mapping in a long while but I've been bored this morning so I started this:

upload_2019-7-7_9-13-38.png

Somewhat inspired by the New Zealand AH novel New Hokkaido which supposes a Japanese victory in WWII as a result of America not entering the war. I don't think I'll go with the latter concept - the Japanese victory - but I liked the idea of America not fighting in Europe and the Soviets eventually pushing the Germans all the way back and liberating Italy and France. So the USSR is the dominant power in Europe by a large margin (excepting Switzerland, of course). Britain has formed a sort of federation (which includes the Irish, employing a little bit of handwaving). Africa is unfinished. There's a major war going on in Iran, with the Soviet-backed People's Republic in the north (after the Soviets took a few choice bits to enlarge Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan), a constitutional monarchy backed by the Arab Union and British in the south, Balochi separatists in the east, and the Caliphate of Iran in the centre-east (scary Jihadist-types, a bit like ISIS). In Africa, the communist French have managed to cling to Algeria, and are occupying large parts of Azawad and Niger. Initially Mali was fighting Azawad, too, but gave up the ghost and recognised the independent state. The French refused, because of initial Tuareg rebellions in Algeria spilling out of the place.

4. Gian Wizard of Watkins Mill Gone Fishin'

A little something that I hope to complete by the time of October's election:
    [​IMG]

5. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

What's the situation in France?

6. Emperor-of-New-Zealand It's a figure of speech

What situation? France is part of the same group as Germany and the rest, only it has an overseas territory in Algeria (so I kept its colour).

7. Ernak Master of WIP's

Back to the ol' mappin' grind

The Arduous March.png

8. Gian Wizard of Watkins Mill Gone Fishin'

9. deleonism one of those theythemmers

technocratic usa.png

Here's something for @kissatytto's interwar-punk scenario: its horrifying revolutionary technocratic America. Its districts intentionally cross former state lines, and there's a good deal of ethnic unpleasantness involved (in the form of the Indian, Colored, and Latin Autonomous Districts).

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  10. Etruscan-enthusiast35 Human until proven guilty

Hobbiton, The Shire, Eriador, Middle-Earth
    prulit preview.png
    Have a preview.

11. Ernak Master of WIP's

A preview of the whole shebang. Featuring the Freeman's Brigade, a prison revolt gone horribly wrong, butchering any 'government roader' they see, as evidenced by the mass graves in their territory. I do plan on incorporating more interesting elements to the Arduous War, such as the KPN, which turned into a pirate cartel. Lets just say the PRC under Jiang Zemin were not gonna deal with this at all.

Preview.png

12. Bennett Human Time-Waster

Making a modern-day world map of an old timeline I had: Accuracy and the Unfit. Here's my progress so far:
    upload_2019-7-11_16-45-0.png

13. B_Munro Member

World of Frederik Pohl's Black Star Rising in progress. Africa and Americas still in development. BlackStar.png

14. Crying Your ideology is shit, SHIIIIIIIIT

I literally have no idea how I'm supposed to interpret this map.

15. B_Munro Member

WWIII happened. World is divided into Chinese and Indian spheres. Adding a small South American sphere because Pohl was a dick to disregard them.

16. Dr. Doom Well-Known Member

1) This is a bravura performance (but then again, all your maps are.)

2) This is the biggest India wank I have ever seen.

---

Anyways, I have finally FINISHED Africa in my map, and now just have Southern Europe (which will be close to OTL) and the writeups to do.

Unless anyone has any ideas they think I should explore?

[​IMG]

17. Etruscan-enthusiast35 Human until proven guilty

polishkhanate.png
    All I can say is that the green polish blob claims to be a khanate.

18. Daniwani Cereal in Brine

Sarmatism on crack?

xmoose likes this.
  19. Etruscan-enthusiast35 Human until proven guilty

Such an idea may or may not become popularized by such a setup, though it is not the cause of the khanate title.

20. Xianfeng Emperor Amateur Iran-o-phile

A WIP for our latest round in the Periodization Game. Feel free to come join--we're a bit short on players right now.

Also: does anyone know a bit of Sanskrit here? I'd like some advice on naming conventions.

1300.png

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019