WIP Map Thread

Wippity wap whap, here be a wip map

Metaverse Redux.png

Yes, those are unfinished. And thank you! Any areas you are particularly interested in?
I will wait till write up : D
(hmm, this Turkey is a little bit weird... but they end in war with Germany at the end, so... And where is greater Israel? I know I know, probably everywhere, but I would still expect some special jewish state...)

I will wait till write up : D
(hmm, this Turkey is a little bit weird... but they end in war with Germany at the end, so... And where is greater Israel? I know I know, probably everywhere, but I would still expect some special jewish state...)
Yes, Turkey does fight the Axis eventually. Two Israels: Brandenburg and Madagascar.

Mmmmmm...I see dystopia leads to Americans drawing up sensible borders?
Sensible is up to your interpretation. This America is home to some nasty bunches of people and there was some enforcement of settlement after the drawing of the borders.

@Gian Wonderful map! I can't put into words how awesome it is. Just two things I would change: If you could in the program you are using (I use Illustrator), try to put the lines with rounded endings. It doesn't deter much of the map except it is quite a large image and with a good monitor you can see the details quite close. The lakes tend to look kind of robotic... But that's just personal preference. The second thing is that it should be T.N. (which I asume means Territorio Nacional) de la Zona del Canal. In Spanish you almost never lack an article be it defined or undefined. San Luis Potosí lacks the graphical accent in the final "i" or it might be because of the river behind that I can't properly see it.

That's all, just minute details though! :biggrin:

Gian

Banned
@Gian Wonderful map! I can't put into words how awesome it is. Just two things I would change: If you could in the program you are using (I use Illustrator), try to put the lines with rounded endings. It doesn't deter much of the map except it is quite a large image and with a good monitor you can see the details quite close. The lakes tend to look kind of robotic... But that's just personal preference. The second thing is that it should be T.N. (which I asume means Territorio Nacional) de la Zona del Canal. In Spanish you almost never lack an article be it defined or undefined. San Luis Potosí lacks the graphical accent in the final "i" or it might be because of the river behind that I can't properly see it.

That's all, just minute details though! :biggrin:

I use Inkscape for all of my maps (including this one)

As for the I in "Potosí", it's definitely the latter. I'll probably remove the spacing (and fix the acronym itself because it's supposed to be en español)

file

WIP for a South Africa map based around a less motivate (but still brutal) Scramble fro Africa, featuring many more independent states and protectorates.

upload_2019-5-31_17-29-20.png

Religion in the United States, without Louisiana Purchase, in the Religious MBAM project.
Astonished by discovering secular regions in southern Ohio, West Virginia, northern California, in much of Oregon and central Michigan.

file

WIP for a South Africa map based around a less motivate (but still brutal) Scramble fro Africa, featuring many more independent states and protectorates.
What is "A." ?
I believe it makes little sense for Tswanaland to be separate. There is like literally one village, and the majority in that village were Herero, not Tswana, but still they just wanted to create yet another bantustan. Therefore, I suggest merging it with one of its neighbours.

What is "A." ?
I believe it makes little sense for Tswanaland to be separate. There is like literally one village, and the majority in that village were Herero, not Tswana, but still they just wanted to create yet another bantustan. Therefore, I suggest merging it with one of its neighbours.

A is a small Boer Republic; William's land. The map is set in 1905 and the state will probably join up with United States of Goshen. I do agree with the thing on Tswanaland, I'll probably have it join Basterland.