WIP Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by B-29_Bomber, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Ernak Homo Sapiens Novi

A preview of a project I'm working on at the moment.

Screenshot (190).png

2. S. Marlowski Writer of an upcoming fantasy series

[​IMG]
    A frozen Project of mine....

AlternateMan likes this.
  3. xmoose Well-Known Member

I do not came to provoke your wrath or propagate something, don´t worry :D
    Just work on map of world where late 19th/early 20th century racism became one of most prevalent ideology (even more than OTL ;))

4. HowAboutThisForAName Manservant to Melon the Mischievous Mog

Fun WIP inspired by Anzac Day, which was a couple days ago. POD's roughly that the Anzacs push against the 300 defenders with their 11,000 strong force (Which they didn't do IOTL) and so actually manage to establish control over the Gallipoli Peninsular including the city of Gelibolu itself, but this much greater beachhead rather turns the Ottoman theater into as large a commitment as the Western Front and so actually leads to the Entente's defeat in the long term. Disgruntled Australian veterans then coup the government for a few reasons, who escape to Tasmania in a Taiwan-ish scenario, though I'm unsure exactly what I'll do with my home state (hence their many potential titles). The new Soldiers' Republic is a sort of a militarised form of Vanguardism of Blanquism, with a cabal of revolutionary generals monopolising power among themselves.
    Couple ideas I had is that the SRA is better at distributing its population, with more middling-sized cities than OTL Australia, where it's basically massive coastal metropolises versus feck all. So stuff like Broken Hill and Grimwade (Mount Gambia) are way larger than IOTL. This and autonomous Aboriginal reserves would lead to a somewhat more evenly populated nation (though cities like Monash and Eora will always dominate to some degree or another).

Soldiers Republic of Australia.png

5. Prof_Chemical Well-Known Member

is that a climate/bio region map in worlda format? can i get a blank of that?

6. sans1shashlik Well-Known Member

I'd assume they would keep official name of Australia pre-coup, because they claim that they are the legitimate government.

Cloneteck135 likes this.
  7. Christory Well-Known Member

A WIP of a semi-serious prediction I'm making for what the world of Zagan's timeline We Will Conquer the Entire World! could maybe (probably not) look like in 1947, one decade after the POD.

[​IMG]

CtrlAltHistory, Crying, Miner and 3 others like this.
  8. HowAboutThisForAName Manservant to Melon the Mischievous Mog

Sure, though the one used here is a future history climate specifically devised by Mattystereo. Here's the contemporary one.

Biomes.png

Well that's a little obvious. I'm more referring to further down the track; whether they remain the legitimate government-in-exile or not, or become an independent republic, or rebrand within the Empire/Commonwealth, among other options. I don't think they would end up in a similar position to Taiwan, that being an international limbo, as communist Australia wouldn't have the same clout to demand such treatment as the PRC of OTL. More likely the US and Britain (among others) would agree to recognise the communist Australian government in return for renouncing their claim to Tasmania, and vice versa.

Prof_Chemical likes this.
  9. Osk Eu set di la Oskaña

repofsaybrook.png

10. xmoose Well-Known Member

Whats that golden thing in Middle East/Balkan?

11. Christory Well-Known Member

ASB-powered Romania

12. xmoose Well-Known Member

I hope it has to do with certain Walachian/Transylvanian aristocrat :D

13. Christory Well-Known Member

It's being written right here on the forum, in the ASB section.

Also, another day of progress:

[​IMG]

Miner likes this.
  14. SpazzReflex Induce vomiting if contacted

Somalia wanks are rare beasts

IndustrialSomalia(WIP1).png

15. X_Eaglefrost_X Well-Known Member

upload_2019-5-2_16-58-2.png
    A map for a D&D game I'm making. The purple/blue areas are one realm, red is another, and green and brown are the realms of elves and dwarves respectively. Feedback/Questions/Criticism welcome

16. X_Eaglefrost_X Well-Known Member

And the human kingdoms of this area are done. The Yellow area is controlled by various warlords and the borders are constantly changing, so there's not much point doing much more than this (It's not because I'm lazy I promise)
    upload_2019-5-3_14-13-31.png

17. SpazzReflex Induce vomiting if contacted

[​IMG]

Glad I tested the map before finishing, that's some yikes distortion on some of the text.

18. X_Eaglefrost_X Well-Known Member

Yes, the text does seem to be a bit... off. Otherwise looks great!

19. B_Munro Member

Well, they have the warm water ports, but Alsace-Lorraine will be tricky.

I have SO MUCH half finished crap.

BigOlVenice.png

theev, Dr. Doom, Bennett and 7 others like this.
  20. The Plainsman Some call me Bazinga

I have a couple of questions.

What's the countries in Canada about? And why is Morocco and Ethiopia so big?