WIP Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by B-29_Bomber, Jun 1, 2017.

1. xmoose Well-Known Member

I feel little bit racist today...
    nn.png

2. Historyman 14 Well-Known Member

Good Gods in Heaven and Beyond and Below it.

I simply can't see this lasting for very long.

3. Sirion Democracy is non-negotiable!

'Ho boy.

4. Prof_Chemical Well-Known Member

[​IMG] restarting my anachronistic ancient era map from scratch. the basic concept is that no culture who made it into the history books gets assimilated. but that doesnt affect what later cultures appear to fill in the map, ie they will be the same as otl. as if places remain sorta static after someone has written about its geography in enough detail to map. also maybe space stuff

5. KuboCaskett Resident Otaku

I think you mean Islamism, not Islam itself, there's a difference; and knowing how Communism went and the reactions to them in the 20th century, I hate to see what kind of nutty ideologies would emerge to combat another nutty ideology, Islamism in this case.

6. B_Munro Member

Well, it's sort of "Paraguay conquers all of Latin America" to begin with, so I suppose we just call it ASB and take it a precondition, like Tsalal Antarctica's climate.

7. Ernak Master of WIP's

I sometimes get these confused, there is a difference between a massive religion and an ideology after all

Yeah, there would definitely be an upsurge in what I believe would be an ultranationalist, racist, fundamentalist version of Christianity maybe something called "Christocism". It would be incredibly nationalist, mixed with a pan-Christian worldview of 'us vs. them', as well as a unhealthy dose of Islamophobia.

Europe is pretty much a battleground between the Islamic State and the European Christocist states, while America is dealing with a homegrown Protestant Chrisotcist movement, courtesy of the Evangelicals. China is trying to crush both movements, leading to crackdowns in Xinjiang and Henan.

Overall this world is more religious in a bad way. Terror attacks are constant on both sides, fundamentalism becoming the norm in more and more countries, and nuclear war becoming more and more imminent. This world is a dystopia in most parts of the world, while it is morally grey in some regions.

8. X_Eaglefrost_X Well-Known Member

No context, just content:
    upload_2019-4-24_19-26-50.png
    upload_2019-4-24_19-26-57.png

Attached Files:

Miner, Kikkomaan, Kovalenko and 2 others like this.
  9. Osk Eu set di la Oskaña

Twip.png

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  10. Imperator Frank Tellurian Worldbuilder

Something I started working on today. I'l finish in the next few days. gotworld.png

11. GustavusAdolphus1 Well-Known Member

You have my interest.

Imperator Frank likes this.
  12. Roosevelt 26th President

A look at my .svg map of a Central Victory Europe.
    [​IMG]

Crying, TrucKola, Miner and 3 others like this.
  13. Thanosaekk Well-Known Member

Cool map. How do you make these?

14. Roosevelt 26th President

I use Inkscape. It's 100% free and great to use. It does take patience as dragging joints on lines can get very tedious and frustrating, but you get the hang of it after a while.

15. Imperator Frank Tellurian Worldbuilder

Finished Westeros (besides the lands of always winter possibly) and started Essos.
    EDIT: Almost done, just need the Far East rivers and the northeast (Thousand Isles, Mossovy, etc.)
    gotworld.png

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  16. B_Munro Member

The proposed US state?

17. X_Eaglefrost_X Well-Known Member

upload_2019-4-26_14-46-48.png
    The Belgo-Dutch War, shortly before the involvement of France. This war, coupled with the Third Balkan War, paved the way to WW3, and The War.

EDIT: I think I'm going to actually type something up for this one (the horror!) So I figure I'll post this here, since it's still a WIP.
    upload_2019-4-26_15-48-0.png

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Viralworld, Pexa and Thanosaekk like this.
  18. HowAboutThisForAName Manservant to Melon the Mischievous Mog

Messy WIP about Earth in the year 3000, with a bunch of fun notes around the edge so I don't forget all my ideas. Still need to make some further notes: fill the Bohai Sea for another billion Chinese, mess around with South America (Amazon's well and truly extinct by that year, replaced with rolling plains), etc.

2 metre rise Mattystereo.png

Miner, Entrerriano, Crying and 10 others like this.
  19. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Miner, Crimtane, ST15RM and 1 other person like this.
  20. Osk Eu set di la Oskaña

gacount.png