WIP Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by B-29_Bomber, Jun 1, 2017.

1. MrMonsterGuy18 Ultraviolet Troubleshooter

Revised.png
    Just a WIP passing by, don't mind me.

2. TheScottishMongol Snake Demon

Oh good, I was hoping someone would sift through the book and pick out all the interesting bits so that I didn't have to actually read it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    CannedTech and B_Munro like this.
  3. xmoose Well-Known Member

Is that Tsalal?

4. MrMonsterGuy18 Ultraviolet Troubleshooter

Yes, it is.

xmoose and AlternateMan like this.
  5. Ernak Master of WIP's

Update on that Congo map I posted a while back

[​IMG]

6. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

What did you actually do to poor Xikang?

Xianfeng Emperor likes this.
  7. Prof_Chemical Well-Known Member

8. Prof_Chemical Well-Known Member

still at a loss with africa. south America needs a colour change, waaay too much freedom down there atm. really proud of that greater arabia though. got more subdivisions to put in india, china, brazil, mexico and the russian ssr. oh and maybe germany-france

9. Planita13 Wishing for a Lake

Hello there, I am currently doing an alternate history project involving that wikipedia article I posted, and I'm currently struggling with alternate U.S.A. borders. If anyone could help me on creating plausible borders for this United States of America, it would be highly appreciated. I would rather keep the borders of California as the way it is because its relevant to my canon.

[​IMG]

10. B_Munro Member

What's with North Alaska?

Planita13 likes this.
  11. Planita13 Wishing for a Lake

It's a US territory similar to the US Virgin Islands or Guam.

12. TheKutKu Well-Known Member

Why wasn’t it integrated with the rest of Alaska?

13. Planita13 Wishing for a Lake

Well the logic is that Alaska is already pretty enormous so doesn't need all that extra land that few people live in. Also the feds get less objections when they operate in this region instead of having to deal with Juneau.

14. BrentiusAtticus Emperor of the Milky Way

Looking forward to this map getting finished!

15. Ernak Master of WIP's

I'm this close to completing another map. I added text, as well as more Lesser Wilayats

[​IMG]

Ski, Tethys00, Shaymin0000 and 10 others like this.
  16. GustavusAdolphus1 Well-Known Member

Since it's still a WIP, I'd change the AD dates in the text to AH dates since it's written from the Islamic State's POV. So, 2020 should be 1441, while 2022 should be 1443.

How is the rest of the world doing?

TheKutKu likes this.
  17. Ernak Master of WIP's

I'll get to doing that. I wondered if it was a good idea to include western dating systems in the map, but I forgot it was an IS map

I haven't flushed that aspect yet. I would imagine the world is suffering from the effects of an IS victory. The European stats would probably fortify their borders and undergo a dramatic surge in far-right ideologies the likes of which has never been seen. Possibly it could descend into Christian Fundamentalist Totalitarianism, where 'Europe is threatened by the heathens', and horrific acts are committed.

Meanwhile the United States would suffer 'causal trauma', where they believed their actions in the 2000's lead to the formation of the Islamic State, and so they would have their policies based around on what they do with IS and whether to interact with them. Mainly they would try and combat the increase in Islamic fundamentalism in their borders, as IS was proven to be right in their predictions

Terrorism is a big thing in this world, with terror attacks happening constantly to the point of complete desensitization and numbness. Imagine a 9/11-esque event occurring every 2-5 years. Islam is seen in this world as a dangerous ideology, similar to Nazism, and not as a religion.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  18. Gian Wizard of Watkins Mill

Truly a nightmare world if I ever saw one.

SnivyLink likes this.
  19. Ernak Master of WIP's

Indeed. I've been trying to create the lore for this world without it bordering on pure edginess and darkness, and trying to be unique in this scenario, which has been quite difficult due to it being IS. I'm experimenting with different ideas and whatnot, such as Christian fundamentalism being revived in order to counteract the Salafist-Jihadist-Wahhabist doctrine of IS, as well as the formation of a Anti-Islamic Coalition to combat the Islamic State

If I have to say which parts of this world aren't in turmoil, it would most likely be Latin America, since they aren't seen as the enemy by the Islamic State, but that's up in the air.

20. HowAboutThisForAName Manservant to Melon the Mischievous Mog

More Sung Survives. Didn't change much to the actual original map aside some aesthetics; messier West Africa, cut off the northern bit of Nan Si Jou, and I liked the Holy Union of St. Matthias a bunch so I gave it its own colour. Only real comprehensive change is not giving quite so much land to the Empire of Eire, namely Scotland.

Sung Survives.png