WIP Map Thread

From what time period? Seems semi-modern from some of the borders, but I can't imagine Israel breaking up. Come to think of it, is Jerusalem an independent entity here?

The day prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom. I might change Israel, idk. :p

Yes, Jerusalem is independent.

Well, I've started work on a new map. As to the POD? Well... let's say dropping nukes on Nam wasn't exactly Johnson's brightest idea...

Dropping nukes in 68 was not the brightest of ideas.png

TLDR: Based off of an old (and I'll admit it - cringy) sci-fi story idea I had back in my early teens. Basically it's a "rather" crapsackish cyberpunk world home to an edgy 17 year old teenage hacker/vigilante who lives in San Francisco. And before anyone asks, yes:
  1. He wears a black trenchcoat
  2. It has a hood
  3. He dual wields two katanas that can can cut clean through steel because they are folded over a thousand times and are vastly superior to any other weapon on Earth. And of course, he's da best swordsman evar.
  4. He also dual wields Uzis. And shoots with 100% accuracy because reasons. He also never runs out of bullets, but at least the clips are not unlimited so its totally realistic. /s
  5. He also wears white skull mask made of PURE TITANIUM.
  6. He's a l33t supa h4x0r
  7. So l33t, that he's (secretly) super rich because he secretly steals from mafia bank accounts
  8. He's a loner, because "no one understands me".
  9. Somehow, he managed to get a hot 24 year old girlfriend who just so happens to be a badass top CIA agent. And yes, their relationship is an "active" one.
  10. And of fucking course, he fucking swears a fucking lot of fucking times. Even when he fucking has no fucking reasons for him to fucking do so. And he fucking somehow never fucking gets into fucking trouble.
So, yeah... there's that... Should I presume that uber-edgelord is chilling in this world or leave him out of this?

Anyway, back to the map:

Stuff added so far -

1) Nuclear wastelands in Indochina (as mentioned earlier, dropping the bomb on 'nam wasn't exactly a bright idea), Kashmir (an Indo-Pak war went very badly) and between Iraq and Iran (Let's say the Shah and Saddam got a bit too trigger happy one day)

2) Seth Efricka en "Frends" (totally not puppet states/occupied). It's run by a bunch of arrogant bastards who hate black people and might get ISOTed in the future.

3) The Rogue State of Turkestan! It's just like Borat! Only depressing because life sucks for everyone not part of the Oligarchy. Also #DicksOutForAralSea

4) Yugoslavia, it survived and removed... some "undesirable Turkish food". And yes, also rogue state. The current government aims to make E V E R Y M A N A S E R B

5) Good news! China is no longer communist! Bad news? Its just like OTL China minus the Taiwan problems. At least they don't have to pretend to be Maoist I guess...

6) Germany is still divided, thanks to Not-Male!Thatcher and Not-Mitterand throwing even bigger hissyfits over reunification ITTL.

And of course, more to come! Yay?

Last edited:
BAHAHAHA! Besides Cabina and some islands the only colony the Portuguese could hold onto was Guinea? Oh, I needed that!

Well, as mentioned earlier I just started work on this. Portugal unfortunately will have absolutely 0 colonies as of 2017 ITTL.

Well, as mentioned earlier I just started work on this. Portugal unfortunately will have absolutely 0 colonies as of 2017 ITTL.
Dang. You sure they can't keep it? It would make for never ending fun. Ahhh, and is South Africa here Black African run? If not, I suggest lots of bantustans and keeping independent states inside.

Not gonna say much (dont wanna cause Map Thread XVI 2 : Edgy Boogaloo), but I gotta admit.

Kinda sucks how they gloss over actual African civilisations. Mali under Mansa Musa needs more love. Askia and the Songhai too. Ditto to Aksum. And the Kanem Empire. Great Zimbabwe says "Hi".

Ever heard of the TL 'Male Rising'?

I gotta read it, but it's an interesting AH wherein Africa has a fighting chance during the Scramble. Plus I think a secularised Islam is in there somewhere... :p

You get one free biscuit. :D

Well, it's not just the Lusophere. I was sorta inspired by the mess that's going down in Catalonia (FREEEDOOOOM) and included Spain and the rest of South America as well. :)

Oh well, at least you #madeportugalgreatagain. Good enough for me. What year did it happen tho? (Please be during monarchist Portugal)

Oh well, at least you #madeportugalgreatagain. Good enough for me. What year did it happen tho? (Please be during monarchist Portugal)

On the eve of the October 1st Indy-Ref for Catalonia, of course. ;)

Maybe I can shoehorn in a restored Portuguese monarchy.... :D

Spain is royally (heh) fucked.