Winter Of Discontent: The Confederate Elections Of 2013

Sounds like it is the "Reverse Uno" Ivy League school.

It’s been a while since I did a deep dive into the Catherverse CSA, but I’ll give my best guess.

Bob Jones University had its share of influential Confederates who entered political and military life. It is a training ground for CSS; I believe Grayson Allen, who in this timeline and in the real world played basketball at Duke, was training to become a CSS agent in this timeline.

The Ivy League equivalents in the CSA I presume would include Duke University; University of the South (a.k.a. Sewanee); Centre College in Danville, Kentucky; and Emory University in Atlanta.

Anything new in the world of Confederate or Orlando Pact entertainment?

Good question...more African-Confederate actors and musicians on Confederate screens and on their radio stations and smartphones? And the same for actors, musicians and other entertainers (those who are willing or are forced) from Orlando Pact nations?

Honestly, I’ve had so much going on I haven’t even had the slightest ideas for this, much less approached Chip about them. If YOU have any ideas, though...speak up. Send Chip a PM; that’s how my contributions got posted here. I had ideas, spoke up, fleshed them out and after getting approval posted them. I didn’t wait for the OP or anyone else to do it for me.

It’s been a while since I did a deep dive into the Catherverse CSA, but I’ll give my best guess.

Bob Jones University had its share of influential Confederates who entered political and military life. It is a training ground for CSS; I believe Grayson Allen, who in this timeline and in the real world played basketball at Duke, was training to become a CSS agent in this timeline.

The Ivy League equivalents in the CSA I presume would include Duke University; University of the South (a.k.a. Sewanee); Centre College in Danville, Kentucky; and Emory University in Atlanta.

Sounds more like "indoctrination" then "education."

A Nation On The Edge -- The Road To The Primaries -- Who's In?
Sunday February 3, 2019 -- "A great game by the future king... 5 total touchdown...3 in the air 2 on the ground including a 50 yard scramble!!!! Hunter Parlow is the MVP of the Don Hutson Bowl as Louisville finally got the monkey off the back....The Brecks defeat the Carolina Panthers 45-41!!!!"

Monday February 11, 2019 -- Election Announcement Day (notes from TobyMac)

Confederate Democrat Party
1581454237589.png

Incumbent President Newton Gingrich
1581454691861.png

Mississippi Senator Tate Reeves
Former State Director for Public Safety and Civil Defense

"This guy really thinks he should be President? He a Wal-Mart Rollback Huckabee with less smarts, if that's possible"

1581455478960.png

North Carolina Governor Bob Pittenger
"
Has some Charlotte money, but most of the Charlotte money is with us."

1581456048265.png

North Carolina Senator Alfredrick Speer
"This guy could be a problem. Has money. Has access to money. Has access to his brother's money....and he has Tommy Dawson and Ed Colby(1) running his show...On second thought this may not be so bad. But I'll tell you what, IF President Gingrich was standing down and this guy was standing for election...I'd consider him."

CONFEDERATE WHIG PARTY (notes from RAYCOM political insider Katherine Harris. campaign manager for the 2013 Elizabeth Hanford presidential campaign)
1581458144227.png

Florida Senator Bill Nelson
CSAF Pilot/Officer (1963-1973)

CSAF Veteran of the Chinese War (Trade War) (1965)
CSAA Astronaut (1974-1989)

"Nelson is formidable, but the question centers around if he's too Atlanta to win a party seeking change. He is too connected to woo those still smarting about 2013? Many electoral pols say he's the best chance the Whigs have ever had? I'm skeptical"
1581460604321.png

Virginia Senator Ward Burton
Chairman of Senate Committee on Infrastructure and Natural Resources
"A folksy man of the land who is the 'anti-Nelson', but don't be fooled, he's plugged into Atlanta and the brother of the 2013 Whig running-mate. A key question. How many votes could hot Hardees Cup rookie-to-be Jeb Burton and nephew Harrison Burton bring to the effort? And will their exploits be a distraction? Harrison's signing to the top-rated Childress team deterred Senator Jeff Burton from making a presidential run."
1581461493242.png

South Carolina Representative Karen Floyd

Some insiders have her slated for a leadership position in the next Confederate NRA formation
Was an influential member on the NRA Special Committee on the Wilmington Insurgency of September 2018
"The South Carolina NRA seeks to be a voice for inside the system for a state that has taken a lot of abuse under the Gingrich governments. But is one truly ready to play at this level after just 6 years in Atlanta's legislative machine?"
1581462878433.png

Alabama Representative Doug Jones
Longtime Alabama Whig leader in Alabama Senate

"Every Whig candidate has the person from left field, and true to form, they are few Alabama. Doug Jones fought the good fight in Montgomery, but can it play nationwide. Jones has a political ally in former Whig NRA member and 2013 Reformer VP candidate John Michael Thomas."

1. Tommy Dawson was Newt Gingrich's campaign manager in 2013. Ed Colby was Presidential Chief of Staff -- Both of them hate TobyMac. click the link above to understand why.

Last edited:
A Nation On The Edge -- The Road To The Primaries -- Who's In -- Part 2 The Reformers and National Renewal
Reform Confederate Alliance (Notes from CS-9 political analyst Erick Erickson/Underground voice of the Proletariat "Miss Fiona")
1581482895300.png

Kentucky Representative John Yarmuth
"He a bright hope for the Reform left, but is he too far left? That is the big question. Yarmuth has been really close with negro leadership, some of which leaned toward to radical to the terrorist. Should win the radical minority, but the Reformers have shown signs of ....."

"John Yarmuth is still a reactionary, but he's a reactionary we can do business with...perhaps."

1581483183458.png

Sumter, South Carolina Mayor Archie Parnell
"Who?"
"Our South Carolina comrades say he's a former Whig looking for an opening. Another reactionary."
1581483412229.png

Florida Infrastructure Commissioner and former 3-term NRA

Longtime environmental activist. Served 18 months in a BMF for "Political Infractions"

"This harpie is an example of how desperate the legal anti-social movement will go. This woman is an affront to our Godly nation...and rumor has it that she is a big fan of Sailers and Ray."
"Carol Browner is a champion of the environmental underground, but as an NRA, she supported continuing the systems of racial oppression. She speaks of 'responsible racial policy'. We know what those words really mean."
1581489779395.png

Former Virginia NRA, Governor and Senator Mark Warner
"What the heck is this? Wasn't this guy a Whig?"
"A true moderate go-along get-along now trying to regain relevance as a champion of the 'moderate radicals' Don't buy it. He's this year's Mark Pryor."

National Renewal Party(notes from Dixievision political analyst and former Georgia senator Saxby Chambliss
1581491752757.png

Former Federal Judge for the State of Alabama
Former Education Executive (2013-2018) Roy Moore

"Jesse Helms would have liked this guy. A tough-minded rugged Christian who speaks his mind."
1581491906316.png

Current Vice Chairman for Christian Education
to the Confederate Church Council Rev. Albert Mohler

"Perhaps the most doctrinaire man in this race, but a more moderate stance on the racial question could be at issue with a party that trends towards a strict traditionalist theology and ideology."
1581491984722.png

Former Chairman of the Confederate Church Council Rev Dr. Franklin Graham

"The early favorite according to the pundits, but was he too close to Gingrich to sell to the prospective base of this new party?"
1581492087939.png

Current Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee

"Lauded for steadfast defense of his state against anti-social attacks, plus he has experience on the policy side of governing. The odds-on favorite among the prospective base of the party."

KEY DATES IN THE 2019 ELECTION CAMPAIGN
Saturday June 8, 2019 -- National Primary Election

Saturday November 9, 2019 -- National General Election
Monday November 18, 2019 -- Confederate Electoral College Convenes
Saturday December 14, 2019 -- National Runoff Election (if necessary)

Monday January 6, 2020 -- Inauguration Day for the President of the Confederate States of America

Last edited:
A Nation On The Edge -- Off And Running
(some reporting courtesy of Y'All Magazine/CS-9 Y'All Magazine Television)

The Confederate Democrat race started with a surprising opening, but then again with Toby McKeehan running the Gingrich effort to win a third full term in office, expect the unexpected. The President began with a 3-day mini-swing through North Carolina, and then showed up to be the Grand Marshal of the Daytona 500. Insiders say the point was to show that President Gingrich is ready to take the fight to the two North Carolinians battling for the Confederate Democrat nomination.

gingrich.jpg

But a political coup of the week may have been what young North Carolina Senator Alfredrick Speer did Thursday night.
Speer, who also had a campaign opening rally in Charlotte, then sat down for chat with Monty Durham on RAYCOM's Monty Tonight show.
The interview was widely watched by Confederate viewers and it gave much of the nation more of a chance to look at the young, handsome contender to President Gingrich.
Speer made it point to praise the President even while being critical.

SpeerMontyTonight.jpg

"President Gingrich has done a great deal for our nation. He saved our nation from spiritual upheaval and has preceded to build a foundation both here and abroad for our future. Yet, now it is time for that future to its place and lead. Another term of Newton Gingrich would stall this engine of growth at the time we will need to revitalize and expand for tomorrow. This is why I'm running Monty. I am the heir to this future, and now its take for our generation of Godly leaders to move forward and do just that, lead to the future."

to be continued

oh by the way..... Dixievision/Atlanta Journal Constitution Poll (+-4 margin of error) published Tuesday February 19, 2019

Gingrich 38% Speer 29% Pittinger 11 % Reeves 4% Undecided 18%

Last edited:
@Chipperback

Based strictly on the poll that's 1/3 of the electorate that's decided on other than the top two candidates. Gingrich could split that vote and still get a majority; Speer needs to convince 2/3 of that group to vote for him (yes, I realize this is a fictional Confederate campaign!).

Now, if African-Confederates could vote, and if they could put up a candidate...wouldn't that throw the race into chaos?

Deleted member 82792

@Chipperback

Based strictly on the poll that's 1/3 of the electorate that's decided on other than the top two candidates. Gingrich could split that vote and still get a majority; Speer needs to convince 2/3 of that group to vote for him (yes, I realize this is a fictional Confederate campaign!).

Now, if African-Confederates could vote, and if they could put up a candidate...wouldn't that throw the race into chaos?
David Duke and his ilk would never let that happen

This year African-Confederate Can vote
Remember the right to vote passed in 2018

Much of undecided are the blacks are who are voting ConFedDem

Last edited:
I should've known that...Bookmark's pretty much right, though, about the field (except for Yarmuth). The way Chip's written the storyline and the field so far, it seems like a two-man race. We know "good ol'" Newton; we know little about Mr. Speer.

And good ol' Al Mohler. I knew he had Presidential ambitions in him. I know what I'd be digging up if I were running against him.

The African-Confederate voter bloc could end up deciding the election...and the situation in 2020 would seemingly not lead to a potential repeat of Lamar Alexander's screw-over. I wonder what the continental media is saying about all this...and what the reaction is in the Plains...

Deleted member 82792

This year African-Confederate Can vote
Remember the right to vote passed in 2018

Much of undecided are the blacks are who are voting ConFedDem
I forgot about that, sorry. Well, this election just got more interesting....

A Nation On The Edge -- Off and Running (con't)
Sunday February 17, 2019 -- 55th Daytona 500 -- Daytona International Speedway, Florida CSA
Young superstar-in-the-making Chase Elliott pilots his WrightSouth/Sukhoi Georgia Power Ford Fusion 500 to a win in the Great Confederate Race

Monday February 18, 2019 -- The Reformers Alliance became the first party to hold a Presidential debate within a Negro Semi Autonomous Area with their candidates debate at the National Negro University at Jacksonville
The debate was televised by CS-9, and proved to be sparring exchange between John Yarmuth, the Kentucky Representative, who shown to be leading in early national polls and Florida Infrastructure Commissioner Carol Browner, who's campaign had been touting internal polling showing them leading in Florida.

(excerpts courtesy of CS-9)
QUESTION: "If elected President of the Confederate States, what will your policy be toward the Southern Christian Liberty Conference in relation to the integration of our blacks into full citizenship?"

Archie Parnell.jpg

ARCHIE PARNELL: "The SCLC must commit to total disarmament before I would consider making them any part of a negotiation. My government would work with a concentration of responsible, prosocial groups alongside expanding the current structure of the national and state Colored Advisory Groups in line with the our parties stated policies. In South Carolina, I've forged link with colored leaders in education, the growing business sectors within the Zones and clergy. We work together in peace and wider unity. That is how we have managed in spite of the neglect of the Gingrich government to get things done. All the terrorists and militants have done is stall the process. I'm committed to expanding the process and in turn building a greater peace."

Carol Browner.jpg

CAROL BROWNER: "Before I would work with any group, they have to be committed to the renouncement of violence as a political tool, which means the SCLC must disarm and show definitely that they are committed to peaceful sustainable progress and use of the political process to achieve the same goals that we all want. But, I am also committed to doing our part by the same philosophy of responsibility and reason. That means that a Browner government will dismantle our systems of anti-black oppression as well and begin a phased, proper integration of our black citizenry. That will include a number of lever of our civil government falling away, including the varied organ of state security that have done nothing to aid to the peace of the country for over 60 years. Instead of Newton Gingrich's "New Covenant", I am building a "True Covenant" for a Confederate nation that exists in the 21st century, not in the myths of the 19th."

1581931985402.png

MARK WARNER: "There is a cadre of dedicated, peaceful reformers both colored and white that have been working behind the scenes for over 25 years and it was their effort and loyal resistance to the Confederate Democrats that pushed the Gingrich government. I've have worked as a governor, as a representative and a citizen for these group through a lot of official roadblocks to get here. The SCLC has been often an hindrance, not an aid and many in the colored communities of this country have agreed. The Reformers Alliance reached out last year to a lot of independent colored voices and helped forge a National Colored Representative Assembly that isn't trying to tear us down, they've built us up, along with progressive-minded people in the NRA and the Senate. I have the executive experience of working with these groups, and now we have a chance to put an agenda that will move us forward without seismic changes that will cause resentment on all sides. The SCLC has called for reckless revolution, when we going farther with continued evolution in line with our greater Confederate values."

John Yarmuth.jpg

JOHN YARMUTH: "Governor Warner, the Confederate Democrats are having their debate next week. The Whigs are this weekend. We are the Reformers Alliance, and I say to you know it wasn't 'go along get along' that led to the Constitutional Amendment, economic, education, and social reforms. What it was was 50 years of agitation by the SCLC, which formed real movements for progress among true progressive whites in our society. I would not be standing here contending this seat without the bravery of the SCLC. If elected my first act will be flying to Havana and telling Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young, and all those who have been exiled that the SCLC is not longer illegal. If you choose to come home and help build our nation, you are free to do so as citizens. Then I shall go to the CSS and tell the Chairman of the State Security Agency that your services are no longer required. Then and only then can we ask the Freedom Movement and the Black Fist to lay down their arms, because we shall lay down ours. The SCLC was response to provocation over 70 years ago. A provocation that killed a million people, including men, women and children in a national shame we called "Sacrifice to God for national salvation."
It is we who have fostered violence that must renounce violence first, and that is what my government will do."

"That white boy knows how to talk that talk don't he?"
"Yarmuth can talk, but they ain't gonna let him govern..."
"That is why I am here talking to you and the rest of you."

"I don't trust anybody as close to the system as you've been."
"I deny nothing I've done, and there ain't no shame in my game. Hell, we all in the hustle. My hustle is my hustle and some of hustle has kept you and yours on the feet and out of a gulag. You best not eyeball me, boy. Your job, OUR job is to keep that man breathing..and help him win!"

THIS RACE TRAITOR COULD BE A PROBLEM.
DON'T FEAR GENERAL. THAT DARKIE LOVER SHALL NOT SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY SOON.
DO WE HAVE A HORSE TO BET ON HERE?

WE MIGHT. BUT WE HAVE OTHER OPTIONS READY IN CASE THESE OPTIONS FAIL. RIGHT NOW WE ARE MORE CONCERNED WITH WHAT'S IN FRONT OF US.
WHAT'S IN FRONT OF ME IS THOSE DAMN ARISTOOK PEOPLE. THEIR ACTIONS ARE COSTING US MATERIALS, AND THOSE BLACK BASTARDS IN HAVANA ARE HELPING THEM.
MY MAN ON THE GROUND WILL GET THE JOB DONE, AND WE HAVE AN IN TO THEIR PIPELINE IN QUEBEC.
I STILL WANT TO KICKASS ON THAT SHEBOY TRUDEAU
YOU SHALL HAVE YOUR CHANCE, AND YOU MAY HAVE A NEW BASE FRONT
WERE?
EVER BEEN SKIING GENERAL?

TO BE CONTINUED.