Winter Of Discontent: The Confederate Elections Of 2013

On a personal note, I want to wish everyone a happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

As a white man growing up in America, I've been blessed to meet, work and fellowship with countless African-Americans throughout my life. They're the ones who overcome the negativity I've seen from relatives and strangers, many of whom were merely ignorant of their own prejudices and how foolish they were, and some who unfortunately were racist and didn't care to be around 'them'. Dr. King's dream of an America where men, women and children fellowshiped and worked together irregardless of race or creed is needed more than ever today, collectively as a nation and individually as Americans of whatever race and creed God blessed us with.

El Soñador -- Monday January 15, 2018
"Dr. King's dream of an America where men, women and children fellowshipped and worked together regardless of race or creed is needed more than ever today."

World headquarters of the Southern Christian Liberty Conference -- Havana, Cuba -- 7:30pm Eastern Standard Time Wednesday January 15, 1969

Everyday this office is buzzing with activity. Sitting a stone's throw away from the center of the Cuban government, the Southern Christian Liberty Conference is a budding "government-in-exile" that came to this island and invitation of the nation's revolutionary leader in 1963.

A trickling exodus of Confederate blacks to Cuba during the era of Thurmond's Pogrom was now a steady stream, and it wasn't just Confederate.

With the IRNA's new President, the pro-appeasement Spiro Agnew, set to take office the next week, blacks in the Industrial Republic saw more of their number heading west of the Mississippi, and south to the Caribbean.

On this nice, reports gave way to reflection. The current situation gave way to cake, candles, and cognac.

At the center of it all was a man called El Soñador.

In six years in Cuba, Reverend General Martin Luther King Jr. has become a popular and influential man in the world...and on this island.

At heart, he is a man of peace, but painfully has had to lobby for his people and at the same time managed an armed struggle.

He has been the moral voice of a human species that has developed the power to bring about its extinction.

"Through our scientific and technological genius, we have made of this world a neighborhood and yet we have not had the ethical commitment to make of it a brotherhood. But somehow, and in some way, we have got to do this. We must all learn to live together as brothers or we will all perish together as fools. We are tied together in the single garment of destiny, caught in an inescapable network of mutuality. And whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly." -- Martin Luther King, in his address at the first Cairns Conventions Summit, 1968.

He has become a critic of what he felt was society racing to the Moon, but potentially missing opportunities to make life on Earth better.

"We as a community of nations must undergo a radical revolution of values. We must rapidly begin … the shift from a thing-oriented society to a person-oriented society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights, are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, extreme materialism and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -- Martin Luther King speaking at California Institute of Technology, 1967

He has fostered growing change in Cuba and softened a hardened, stubborn Commandante Castro in the process. Opposition to the Castro-led government is opened. Press freedoms expanded in the same way manor that Cuban culture has exploded onto the world scene.

A piece of that culture is in the room. Andrew Young is talking about music and concerts with Jaime Brown and Maceo Parker, the wizards behind the popular "Cuban Soul" sound. The racy hybrid of the old down-home blues, the mix of what makes Cuban music beautiful built into something that has the young, and not-so-young dancing from London to Los Angeles.

So many people, even Castro himself, here to celebrate.

This day is Martin Luther King's 40th birthday.

"Martin, mi amigo, mi compañero, Feliz cumpleaños," Fidel Castro said.

"Gracias, Commandante," King answered. "Praise God, I got one more year and one more day to fight for freedom."

"Si si si," Castro answered. "Anything new in regards to the Black Fist?"

"Thanks to you, commandante, General Lewis has more tools to fight. We still have long way, but as the free world contemplates a peaceful future, we hope to persuade to seriously engage against Confederate Apartheid."

"I hear you brother, and that what I'm doing in the Plains," Malcolm Little said. "Trying to keep my people focused on freeing the entire continent. I am concerned about the change coming in the IRNA."

"It will be different dealing with Agnew as opposed to Lodge," Andrew Young noted.

"Assuming that Senor Agnew wishes to deal at all," Castro commented.

"I look forward to the opportunity of speaking with him," King said. "His people have contacted us, and I will sit down with anyone who is willing to listen. I think Agnew will find quickly that the gravity is pulling away from retrenchment and towards peace. I see it among the people around the world, and I certainly see it in North America. The continent has been locked in the shackles of war and conflict since 1935. This continent has seen more than 30 years of discord. You've seen blood spilled at a rate unseen since the American Civil War of the 1860s."

"The peoples of the world are scared. They are crying out like that song from those boys in Liverpool. People are screaming HELP! They are running helter skeeter at thought of bomb shelter."

At this point much of the room was listening to the Reverend General.

A white man about his age was locked in. Intrigued by what he was hearing.

He has no idea how his life would change at that moment and the ripples it would cause when he opened his mouth to ask a question.

"Reverend, sir, you speak of hope for tomorrow. You inspire many in our generation and those behind, but sir? Can it happen? Will you see freedom in Confederacy? Will we see a real peace? I hear talk of going to The Moon, and in the same breath I hear how the Confederate States are developing those thermonuclear weapons and how they want to burn Havana and Omaha, and anyone else? Yet, you stay hopeful? How?"

Reverend General King turned to the man.

"Brother, I stay hopeful because i believe strongly that the arc of the moral universe of long, but it bends towards justice. And we are already seeing that justice, and seeing how many hands will shape it.

Today, we fight a freedom war. It is regrettable that we must do it. But we also seek to bring others into that fight. People see our movement in our homeland as a 'black struggle'. NO! It is a PEOPLE'S struggle...

a gymnasium in Pikeville, Kentucky CSA -- 4:00pm Eastern Confederate Standard Time -- Monday January 15, 2018

"The resolution on the table before us. Do we, as athletic directors and coaches representing the Pike County Schools, support the greater state resolution calling for full integration of the KHSAA and KSFAU...all those in agreement signify by saying AYE!"

"AYE!"

"Those opposed."

"Coach Sydell, its unanimous. Pike County is on board!"

"Thank you all. You are helping bring a new day to our commonwealth...and along with what is happening in Atlanta, a better day for our country."

"For now the regime in Atlanta can stay stone-faced and stone-walled. But, the cracks are showing...and all any dam needs to break is one crack, weathered over time, until its a flood you cannot stop."

alternative legislative chamber -- Atlanta Government Center -- Atlanta, CSA -- 10:00am Confederate Standard Time -- Monday January 15, 2018

"Let it hearby be noted that Theodore Alvin Barber has been duly elected as Speaker of the National Colored Representative Assembly....Sir, the floor is now vested in you.

I HEARBY CALL THE FIRST NATIONAL COLORED REPRESENTATIVE ASSEMBLY TO ORDER...BANG!"

Bob Jones University -- Greenville, South Carolina CSA -- 11:00am Eastern Confederate Standard Time -- Monday January 15, 2018

"Hey! Hey! Ho! Ho! C-S-S HAS GOT TO GO!"
"Hey! Hey! Ho! Ho! C-S-S HAS GOT TO GO!"

"Fuck Duke! Fuck Newt! Do not let Cissies Recruit!"
"Fuck Duke! Fuck Newt! Do not let Cissies Recruit!"

"We the BJU chapter of the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee united with the Greater Greenville Magnolia Army call on the Confederate Congress to pass the bill banning CSS recruitment garrison access to college student files within the university system."

The action at Bob Jones University mirrors similar protests at over 50 campuses in the country. The CSS, in a statement to RAYCOM Independent Television News, have sited over 400 arrests nationwide...

"Determined moral force consistently applied is what gives me hope. That is our mission now. The armed struggle is the easy part of the equation. But each day we prepare for the difficult task we will have to come, and the task building alliances with those who see justice, even if they disagree with us. To win their understanding multiplies our strength."

The office of Senator Benjamin Netanyahu -- Henry Cabot Lodge Senate Building/Washington, DC -- 12:15pm Monday January 15, 2018

"Mister Lee, I agree with the tenets of your movement. The aggression of the Confederate States is an affront. What we are seeing from the CSS and their military in Maine is troublesome. But you understand that the SCLC's counter response in the form of exporting violence is the trouble spot here."

"Senator, I feel you have allowed certain myths about our movement to cloud your view. At no time has the SCLC exported our armed struggle. It is a direct violation of our Freedom Charter. The armed struggle we fight in the CSA was not of our choosing. You are a student of history and a man who understand the matters of security. And you know what that history is.

The CSS has conducted terror operations near where you live Pennsylvania, sir and their aims are no different that the anti-Semite militia your grandfather faced in Poland. The Atlanta regime is exporting the war. Do we back indigenous forces to resist the CSS? Of course! But we also seek a day beyond the conflict. Our aims are simple. One man. One vote on a common roll. Our aims are direct? A peaceful CSA for ALL."

"The question is, Mister Lee, how can we get there in a fashion that is transparent without bloodshed across so many borders in North America?"

"Senator, the answer is in doing what we are doing. You tried to fashion us falsely, and we responded in kind. Our hope in taking this meeting is that we break that cycle and start a new cycle of cooperation. We are prepared to work with like-minded countries regardless of what particular politics leads those countries. The matter of Confederate Apartheid should not even be political. It is simple right and wrong."

"I concur, Mister Lee. Let this be a beginning."

Long Beach University -- Long Beach, RGC -- 10:15am Pacific Standard Time Monday January 15, 2018

"Motown News 24 at this hour, we have live coverage of the annual Dre-Cee-Oh Martin Luther King Day celebration. This year, a special guest lecture for LBU students given by President Brown discussing his father...and the Movement.

"At the beginning my father, like Rayburn, like Stassen did not agree with the Movement. The saw and angry movement. They say violence. They were good men shackled by a system that conditioned them a certain way."

"But they grew. They evolved. They allowed the blindfold to come off, but it took work and that is what I implore you to do today.

The man we celebrate today didn't just happen. Reverend General Martin Luther King was a product of perseverance. The struggle in the CSA, has been our struggle for 60 years. Sixty years, that is a long time. But how long? Not long! Because by our labor, by our persistence we are at a point where we can see that promised land that he said was there.

"Because of our work here and abroad. We can see that day. In California, we did the painful work. The work to integrate our armed forces. The work to bring women into full partnership in our society. The work and struggle to build a California ready for a changing future. Yes, the demographics are changing, but our common values have never changed.

Its those common values to give me hope as I leave the stage in new faces arise in our body politic, our businesses, our technology and our art in the years ahead.

A large piece of what built those common values for our nation, our continent and our world was born today when Martin Luther King came into this world."

"The road ahead will not be easy. The paths will not be straight." Dr. King told the man. "But we must walk those paths, no matter how crooked, or how rocky they are. But I know we will get there. I may not get there with you. But we as a human family will get to that promised land...Just like you will, once you get Mr. Griese another downfield receiver for the passing game."

The man chuckled. "Reverend General, pray for me on that last one, would you?"

Last edited:

Deleted member 82792

On a personal note, I want to wish everyone a happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

As a white man growing up in America, I've been blessed to meet, work and fellowship with countless African-Americans throughout my life. They're the ones who overcome the negativity I've seen from relatives and strangers, many of whom were merely ignorant of their own prejudices and how foolish they were, and some who unfortunately were racist and didn't care to be around 'them'. Dr. King's dream of an America where men, women and children fellowshiped and worked together irregardless of race or creed is needed more than ever today, collectively as a nation and individually as Americans of whatever race and creed God blessed us with.
Thanks.

DIXIE BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION STANDINGS
LEAGUE ONE
All times Eastern Confederate
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Dollywood Dunkers 34-12 .739 --
Atlanta Dixie Hawks 30-13 .698 2.5
Charlotte Hornets 24-23 .511 10.5
Virginia Squires 22-23 .489 11.5
Carolina Cougars 21-27 .438 14
Richmond Capitols 16-28 .364 17

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Kentucky Colonels 34-13 .723 --
Memphis Tams 31-18 .633 4
Floridians 22-22 .500 10.5
Orlando Pros 18-30 .375 16.5
Tampa Bay Manta Rays 14-35 .286 21
Nashville Cats 13-35 .271 21.5

Monday's results

ATLANTA 111, Memphis 102 -- Timofey Mozgov (22 points, 12 rebounds) and Nick Cathales (26 points) led the host Dixie Hawks to victory. Allocation players Marcus Hunt (nine points, five rebounds, one block), Darius Perry (four points, one steal) and Daniel Giddens (three rebounds, two blocks) also saw action for the winners

Tampa Bay 129, CAROLINA 113 -- Allocation player Desean Murray had 25 points, nine assists, four steals and only two turnovers in 31 minutes, but his Cougars fell at home. Six players scored in double figures for the Manta Rays, including rookie power forward Schuyler Rimmer (32 points, 22 rebounds, four blocks)

Tuesday's games

Tampa Bay 142, RICHMOND 116 -- the Manta Rays rode another offensive explosion to victory on the road. Rimmer -- playing only his seventh game of the season -- had another double-double (28 points, 21 rebounds). Teammate Jalek Felton, an allocation player, had 11 points, six assists and five steals off the bench. Injuries to their top eight players had put the Rays in the Eastern Conference basement.

ORLANDO 123, Nashville 110 -- Pat Cathales (13 points, 19 rebounds, nine blocks), Chase Cannon (29 points, 9 of 13 from three point range) and allocation big man Derrick Favors (20 points, 12 rebounds, 11 blocks) led the host Pros

VIRGINIA 148, Memphis 121 -- the Squires shot 62 percent from the floor and had seven players score in double figures in the win. Allocation point guard Davion Mitchell had 14 points off the bench for the Squires

Wednesday's games

Carolina at Richmond, 7 (ConStates regional/DBA TV)
Kentucky at Atlanta, 7:30 (RAYCOM Sports)
Nashville at Orlando, 7:30 (ConStates regional/DBA TV)
Memphis at Charlotte, 8 (ConStates regional/DBA TV)
Dollywood at Floridians, 8 (DV5)

FROM THE PRESS ASSOCIATION

PRO FOOTBALL
SEC PRO
All times Eastern Confederate

Saturday, January 13, 2018
LEAGUE THREE CHAMPIONSHIP
At KFC Brecks Field, Louisville, Kentucky
Pikeville 45, Fayetteville 42 (Pikeville promoted to League Two)

Sunday, January 14, 2018
LEAGUE ONE SEMIFINALS
CHARLOTTE 61, Memphis 17
LOUISVILLE 38, Dollywood 9

Sunday, January 21, 2018
LEAGUE TWO CHAMPIONSHIP
Lexington vs. Jacksonville, 8:25 p.m. (DV5)

Sunday, January 28, 2018
DON HUTSON BOWL at Louisville
Louisville vs. Charlotte, 6:35 p.m. Eastern (DV3/DV5/to be determined)

Sunday, February 4, 2018
SEC PRO BOWL at Leesburg, GY
L1 all stars vs L2/L3 all stars, 8:25 p.m. Eastern

GOLF
CPGA
Hendrick Motors Classic
At Leestown, Guyana
Stonewall Country Club, par-71 (-284)

After Sunday's final round
Top finishers, scores, par
Justin Thomas...66-65-69-65--265; -19;
Beau Walker...71-64-63-68--266; -18;
Charles Howell IV...64-69-68-66--267; -17;
Anatoly Strunkin...67-65-69-69--270; -14
Dustin Johnson...71-65-65-70--271; -13
Tyler Medley...72-66-64-71--273; -11
Bubba Watson...71-68-70-66--274; -10
Bryce Molder...68-67-67-73--275; -9
David Duval...67-76-68-64--275; -9
Martin Heinz...69-69-75-66--279; -5

DBA All-Star Weekend

Friday
At CarolinaBank Arena, Charlotte, North Carolina
7 p.m. -- DBA All-Star Celebrity Game presented by Golden Flake Snack Chips | ConStates Sports Channel
9 p.m. -- Cheerwine Newcomer Game | RAYCOM Sports 24

Saturday
1 p.m. -- DBA Hall of Fame Announcement | DBA TV
5 p.m. -- Allocation League All-Star Game | ConStates Sports Channel
7 p.m. -- League Two All-Star Game | RAYCOM Sports 24
9 p.m. -- Carolina Insurance DBA All-Star Showcase | RAYCOM Sports 24
--Lukoil Skills Challenge
--Sam's Club Three-Point Contest
--Beeline Slam Dunk Contest

ALLOCATION ALL-STAR ROSTERS
EAST
Devin Booker, SG, 6-6, 195, Dollywood Dunkers
Perry Dozier, SG, 6-6, 180, Charlotte Hornets
Marcus Georges-Hunt, SF, 6-6, 210, Atlanta Dixie Hawks
Daniel Giddens, C, 6-10, 230, Atlanta Dixie Hawks
Montrezl Harrell, PF, 6-8, 230, Carolina Cougars
Rodney Hood, SF, 6-7, 180, Charlotte Hornets
Trevor Lacey, PG, 6-3, 190, Dollywood Dunkers
Kennedy Meeks, C, 6-9, 265, Asheville (on loan from Carolina)
Davion Mitchell, PG, 6-1, 200, Virginia Squires
DeSean Murray, PG, 6-3, 225, Carolina Cougars
Anthony Parker, PF, 6-9, 270, Chattanooga (on loan from Dollywood)
Chris Walker, PF, 6-10, 210, Richmond Capitols
WEST
Joel Berry, PG, 6-0, 185, Floridians
Deandre Burnett, SG, 6-2, 190, Mobile (on loan from Orlando)
Derrick Favors, PF/C, 6-10, 265, Orlando
Jalek Felton, SG, 6-3, 190, Tampa Bay
JaMychal Green, PF, 6-9, 227, Kentucky
Brandon Ingram, SF, 6-9, 195, Newport (on loan from Kentucky)
Joel James, C, 6-11, 280, Floridians
Meyers Leonard, C, 7-1, 255, Memphis
Austin Rivers, PG, 6-3, 175, Tampa Bay
D'Angelo Russell, SG, 6-4, 180, Kentucky
Sindarius Thornwell, SG, 6-5, 215, Nashville
Nick Weatherspoon, PG, 6-2, 175, Orlando

Sunday
4 p.m. -- League One All-Star Game | DV5 (network coverage begins at 3 p.m.)

LEAGUE ONE ALL-STAR ROSTERS
EAST (Coach: John Kuester, Dollywood Dunkers)
STARTERS
SF -- Chandler Parsons, 6-10, 230, 6th, Dollywood Dunkers
PF -- Timofey Mozgov, 7-1, 275, 11th, Atlanta Dixie Hawks
C -- Zhou Qi, 7-1, 250, 2nd, Dollywood Dunkers
PG -- Nick Cathales, 6-6, 210, 9th, Atlanta Dixie Hawks
SG -- J.J. Redick, 6-4, 200, 12th, Dollywood Dunkers

RESERVES
C -- Loren Burleson, 7-0, 255, 15th, Atlanta Dixie Hawks
C -- Patrick Johnson, 6-10, 250, 13th, Carolina Cougars
PF -- Sergei Monia, 6-9, 230, 16th, Richmond Capitols
PF -- Porter Ringstaff, 6-10, 245, 11th, Dollywood Dunkers
SF -- Jimmy Graves, 6-8, 200, 10th, Atlanta Dixie Hawks
SF -- Rodney Hood, 6-7, 180, R, Charlotte Hornets
PG -- Norm Gilley, 6-3, 180, 4th, Virginia Squires
PG -- DeSean Murray, 6-3, 225, R, Carolina Cougars
SG -- Devin Booker, 6-6, 195, R, Dollywood Dunkers
SG -- Alexey Shved, 6-6, 190, 6th, Carolina Cougars

WEST (Coach: Tim Floyd, Kentucky Colonels)
STARTERS
WF -- Carl Neumann, 6-8, 225, 11th, Kentucky Colonels
PF -- Pat Cathales, 6-10, 240, 10th, Orlando Pros
C -- Kosta Koufos, 7-0, 265, 11th, Memphis Tams
PG -- Goran Dragic, 6-3, 190, 14th, Memphis Tams
SG -- Harlan Dupay, 6-6, 195, 5th, Floridians

RESERVES
C -- Ryan Kelly, 6-11, 240, 4th, Kentucky Colonels
C -- Nate Hicks, 6-10, 250, 3rd, Floridians
PF -- Derrick Favors, 6-10, 265, R, Orlando Pros
PF -- Schuyler Rimmer, 6-9, 230, R, Tampa Bay Manta Rays
SF -- Will Sheehey, 6-6, 200, 4th, Floridians
SF -- Yaroslav Korolev, 6-9, 210, 13th, Memphis Tams
PG -- Skyler Bowlin, 6-4, 185, 7th, Kentucky Colonels
PG -- Joel Berry, 6-0, 185, R, Floridians
SG -- D'Angelo Russell, 6-4, 180, R, Kentucky Colonels
SG -- Chase Cannon, 6-5, 190, 3rd, Nashville Cats

I'm Comrade Fiona...
I'm Kit Hoover! Tonight on your Daytona 500 Network....Dateline CS-9 features.
DATELINE CS-9 1192018.jpg

-- An inside look at the first week of our nation's new National Colored Represenative Assembly, and how it will help shape a pro-social Godly future for our black friends and neighbors!

-- It's true...Vladimir Putin will come to our CSA this spring. Sitting down with him in Moscow recently, I got some special insights on a dear and Godly friend to our nation in the world....and he says his greatest wish is...to see Dollywood!

-- In the Pulpit Pulse. Albert Mohler. He's considered the contrarian on the Confederate Church Council and some say he's angling for a bigger job....Is he running for President in 2019? We look into it.

-- and on tonight's Y'all In Depth with our partners at Hey Y'all Magazine. He's called the nation's best high school basketball player...and some says he could be a look at a positive Godly future for our country. Zion Williamson...The great black hope...

That and more tonight on DATELINE CS-9....9pm East...

--- CLICK ---

"THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!"
"THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE! DEFEATED!"

-- cue that Imperial March song from "Cosmic Gunslinger" --

I'm Comrade Fiona, and I'm here to tell you the truth!

--Notice how Kit Hoover, like everybody else in the Confederate Media, isn't talking about that the favorite school of the CSS had a thousand students protesting this week.,.

FUCK DUKE! FUCK NEWT! DON'T LET CISSIES COME RECRUIT!
SAY IT LOUD! SAY IT CLEAR! C-S-S AIN'T WELCOME HERE!
SAY IT LOUD! SAY IT CLEAR! C-S-S AIN'T WELCOME HERE!

SAY IT LOUD! SAY IT QUEER! MAGNOLIA ARMY'S WELCOME HERE!
SAY IT LOUD! SAY IT QUEER! MAGNOLIA ARMY'S WELCOME HERE!

Also notice..How Kit Hoover wont tell you about how the real majority in the NCRA, the non-party majority is pushing for school equalization and integration.

She's not discussing that.
Or how Vladimir Putin wants Newt Gingrich to send Confederate boots on the ground in his illegal war in Chechnya

And you know they aren't going to get too deep into Albert Mohler and his belief that make the Helms Code look like California.

And Zion Williamson can play ball, but go to school here and be educated? If he wants that...He's not gonna get that...until we change this fascist, racist system and replace it with one that works for ALL of the Confederate people.

That's the real DATELINE, you won't get on CS-9.

And that's why you come here for the REAL NEWS.

I'm Comrade Fiona, and I've just given you the truth. :)

confederate meme 1.jpg

Last edited:
Roses and Thorns -- Monday January 22, 2018
a hotel suite near Los Angeles International Airport -- 10:00am Pacific Standard Time -- Monday January 22, 2018

XTRA Radio LA News Time 10am on this Rose Bowl Monday Morning

Expect traffic snarls on the GSH Freeways today on your commute home, because of the tonight's Rose Bowl CCS North American Championship Game...and a reminder you can catch XTRA CalSports Radio. The battle for the CCS title between Syracuse and 4-time defending champ North Dakota State.

-- In the news this morning, reports of naval conflict overnight along the Aleutian Coast. a Red Chinese cruiser exchanged fire with the Japanese destroyer Osugi 45 miles off the Aleutian Southern Coast. Both ships were damaged in the exchange. This comes as talks between both Alaska governments, along with Confederate, Red Chinese, Free Chinese and NIPKORCAL diplomats continue in Vladivostok.

Steve Spurrier winced as he heard the report. It was the last thing he needed with another critical meeting to come.

Two weeks ago, Spurrier and his friend, CCS Commissioner Spencer Tillman, had a heated meeting at the Sugar Bowl. Spurrier threatened the Plainsian in subtle terms.

"You can deal with me now, or deal with General Franks..."

Spurrier may have been playing a role of sorts, but even he felt that was beyond the pale.

He looked at the window toward the ocean he could see in the far distance. He imagine the South China Sea and the Philippines. Two smoldering areas.

To the north was Alaska, and Beijing was agitating a situation there, and asking for Confederate support, as was South Alaska.

And back home? The Colored Congress was debating on resolution to force white legislature vote on school integration. It was something he championed, but he cautions the black congress to "go slow" and "don't make big waves"

"You aren't going to get them to listen If you try to be a legislative black fist! Know your place here."

It went over like a fart in church.

"Sir," One his aide said. "The Sattellite Feed is ready. Dixievision News 24 in 5 minutes."

"Who's doing the interview?"

"I believe it's Sarah Huckabee Jones, sir."

"Right," Spurrier said. "The new woman thay have. Her husband's a football commentator."

"Will she talk about China?"

"Most likely."

Spurrier glanced over the communiques for his people there. "I'm glad DeLana is there. I get the real story from her."

SPURRIER ON SHJ.jpg

"Nine minutes past the hour on Dixievision News 24, continuing with our top story overnight our Godly Allies in China in a standoff with Japanese naval vessel at this hour the Confederate High Command meeting in emergency executive session to consider a reponse...We are know getting the diplomatic view from our Foreign Executive Steve Spurrier live from Los Angeles, California where he will attend a meeting with adversary ministers today. Good Morning Mister Foreign Executive.."

"Good morning, Sarah..."

"Executive Spurrier, what is your view on the actions of the PRC Navy in regards to Japan's aggression?"

"It is regrettable on both sides. I feel that restraint is in order and I'm confident that our military will lead a path in showing that restraint. As we speak in Vladivostok, I have the some of the best minds in the Foreign Affairs Ministry on the ground talking with our friends and our foes that settle matters in Alaska peacefully. Ultimately, what we seek is full recognition for the will of the Alaskan people which was the Godly government in Juneau with Todd Palin as it head of state, and the Godly Alaska Independence Party governing the nation as the majority willed it. That has to be how it is, without interference from a so-called 'free world' that preaching self-determination, but wont allow people to practice it."

"In addition to your meetings with a number of North American diplomats and sporting leaders today, will you meet with either side in the Chinese dispute or the Alaskan dispute?"

"I met with officials from the PRC embassy here yesterday. Heard their concerns. Talked with under secretary of state for North America for the Californians as well, and I will broker relationship I've made with the counterparts in Texas and the GPUR to accelerate a process to a just peace."

"I want to quick get into the other meetings you will have today. You are continuing meetings with LSR, Plainsian and MRU diplomats and the head of the college sports championship out there. The head of the championship came here for the Sugar Bowl, and you plan to take in their so-called 'North American Championship' do you see a path for making their championship truly legitimate and not lesser in the near future."

"That is the ultimate goal, Sarah. The integration of Confederate schools along with the full integration of the Confederate people into a common North American system. My belief is that we can peacefully co-exist, even if our mores and systems are different. It's my belief that we can play together. We can dance together. We can sing together. That is message I hope to convey in addition to seeing a decent, if lower-grade, form of the game I love."

"Mister Spurrier, enjoy the game, and I'll be praying for you and for peace. Thank you for joining us."

"Thank you for having me."

January 21, 2018 -- SEC Pro football League Two Championship Game, Louisville, KY -- Jacksonville Sharks 35, Lexington Horsemen 33

Jacksonville wideout Dixie Lee Mumme, the League Two MVP, caught 13 passes for 189 yards, including a 37-yard touchdown pass with 47 seconds left that tied the game at 33-33. With their kicker having missed two extra points and a field goal earlier in the game, the Sharks went for the two point conversion, and Mumme caught the pass in the corner of the end zone to put the Sharks ahead.

With the victory, Jacksonville is promoted to League One for the 2018-19 season. The question around town is if the team will return to League One as the Sharks, or with a name change -- Jaguars?

COURIER-JOURNAL DON HUTSON BOWL BUDGET

MAINBAR (MAIN GAME STORY) -- Brecks vs. Panthers, 6:35 p.m. CRAWFORD
PLASCHKE -- Bill Plaschke column on the game PLASCHKE
REED -- Billy Reed column on the game REED
BRECKS -- game from the Brecks' perspective JONES
PANTHERS -- game from the Panthers' perspective COOK
NOTES -- news and tidbits from before, during and after the game FRAKES
BRECKS PLAYER TBD -- feature on top Brecks player, to be determined during second half by editors EWING
PANTHERS PLAYER TBD -- feature on top Panthers player, to be determined during second half by editors WHITUS

Hutson Bowl Week (part 1) -- Sunday January 14- January 21, 2018
Dixievision Don Hutson 18.jpg

Tuesday January 16, 2018 -- RAYCOM Independent Television, citing unnamed sources in the Confederate Department of Defense, claim that Point Barrow forces are holding Confederate military personnel captive. Official statements from the CSA High Command, deny these reports

-- The Jacksonville Sharks professional football club announced that an offer to buy the team has been made by a "financial source based in Soviet Russia" according to an official statement given to RAYCOM Sports' Marty Smith

"Mikhail Dmitrievitch speaks very highly of you, sir. I look forward to us competing against each other and doing business together."

"I look forward to it as well. Mikhail tells me you are one of the best talent scouts in the business,"

"No, German Lutorovich. I am the best, and you see the difference immediately."

"Ma'am, I like the way you make a presence."

The NCRA offices of Rep. Rev. Demond Wilson -- 2:15pm -- Thursday January 18, 2018

A small cabal of representative sat in Rev. Wilson's office during the afternoon recess of the National Colored Representative Assembly.

Four days in, Much of the business involved housekeeping. Picking legislative leaders, finalizing rules. A number of smaller motions and bills being considered.

The colored congress officially is divided into many sectors. The parties, the independents, the others. In reality is a two-way fight. The independents/reformers/revolutionaries vs. the ConFedDem/Whigs/Loyalists. The outsiders have the numerical edge, but are seeking tactical unity.

Rev. Wilson is trying to build that unity.

"Reverend,s some of us think we should start small . Handle the edicts and issues that directly affects the zones first. If we push for this equal education thing, it's a long fight."

Many nodded their heads.

"Brothers, sisters, we have push hard from the start," Rev. Wilson countered. "We have the numbers to do it so lets do it. If the white boys are gonna fight us on everything, let's give them a hot potato to pitch around."

"Brother Wilson," an Alabama representative said. "I hear you, and so does some others. I'm with you. But the concern is, this gets kicked upstairs, the white reviewers in their NRA will see to that. I say don't deal with that yet. Deal with the things we can directly pass."

The older preacher shook his head. "Rule number one: There is NOTHING they'll just 'let us pass' NOTHING."

"We need to stop thinking like we are administering a separate country," Rev. Wilson said. "That is what Uncle Thomas and Rev. Barkley want to sell. We have to act as a body of the NRA. Which means we play the game like anyone else. You know good and damn well they are."

"You see this a game?" a Tennessee representative, a young woman said.

"It is a game," Rev. Wilson answered, "and for the first time EVER, WE GET TO PLAY. And we must play well."

-- four hours later --

"Rev. Wilson."

"Mister Representative it is good to meet you. "

"Reverend, it is time to open the school doors to all. That is where we start."

"We?" Rev. Wilson. "Are you sure you want to be in this 'we'?"

"Let's get this clear as crystal, Reverend. I'm from Kentucky. We don't cotton to joining much, but when we do. We go all in. When I say 'we', sir. I mean WE."

The Reverend smiled slightly. "Okay, Mr. Yarmouth. What do you have mind?"

"For starters, did you hear about the Christmas Tournament in Louisville?"

"Yes, and it was quite and accomplishment,"

"That got the ball rolling," Kentucky Rep. John Yarmouth answered. "We may see integrated ballfield and courts by next fall. But I'm thinking, 'Why not classrooms?'"

"Ballfields and courts are a leap ahead of where we are," Rev. Wilson.

"They are, but this plus a colored congress yield an opportunity. If you get your education equity bill passed and they move it up, I will line up my party to pass it, and I'll rustle up Whig and even some ConFedDem votes."

"The state of Kentucky is already heading in this direction," Yarmouth said. "Its inevitable. The 'irrefutable dialectic' as the red-whites call it.

"And you will carry the ball in the NRA and the Senate?"

"Reverend, your the quarterback here. You have to hand me the ball first. Pass your proposal and then I'll dodge tacklers with it."

Reverend Wilson took on a dubious gaze. The gaze he always struck in any political negotiation, "How much will I recognize this initiative if and when you reach the endzone? How much of this will end up being more 'bantu education'."

Yarmuth understood the question, and felt uncomfortable hearing it.

"The legislative process is the legislative process. You never get everything you want."

"Representative Yarmuth, being black in this country means never getting anything you want...or need."

"And that is the one thing I promise to fight for without compromise. Getting everything ALL of our kids need."

JY7797: REVEREND WILSON IS A PAIN IN THE ASS
ABEL: OF COURSE! A GOOD CHURCH MAN IS ALWAYS A PAIN IN THE ASS. IT'S WHAT THEY DO. REVEREND WILSON AND I HAVE WORKED TOGETHER DAMN NEAR 40 YEARS. HE'S A GOOD MAN IN A STORM AND INSTRUMENTAL IN WHAT COMES NEXT

JY7797: HE HAS TO UNDERSTAND THE WAY THE GAME WORKS. THE NCRA WILL ASK FOR TOO MUCH TOO SOON
ABEL: 'TOO MUCH TOO SOON'. ASKING FOR AN EQUAL PLACE IN SCHOOL IS TOO MUCH? IS IT TOO MUCH IN KENTUCKY?

JY7797: KENTUCKY WENT THROUGH A PROCESS. IT TOOK TIME. IT TOOK PEOPLE GETTING ACCLIMATED TO THE IDEA OF CHANGE. KENTUCKY 15-20 YEARS AHEAD OF THE COUNTRY. WE CAN'T EXPECT THE WHOLE COUNTRY TO GET UP TO SPEED IN 20 MINUTES!?!

ABEL: JOHNNY BOY. THE REST OF THE NATION WILL HAVE TO GET USED TO IT. I'LL WORK ON REVEREND WILSON AND GET HIM TO SEE YOUR SIDE, BUT SON WHEN WE I GET TO LOUISVILLE, YOU AND I ARE GONNA HAVE TO GET SOME SIPPING WHISKEY AND COLONEL'S MEAL AND DISCUSS WHY WE CAN'T SHUFFLE ALONG. WE HAVE TO DO THIS LIKE CHURCHILL DOWNS. WE MUST GALLOP.

ABEL: THIS NATION IS COMING DOWN THE STRETCH TO A RECKONING. WE WILL DECIDE IF WE WIN BY A NOSE OR NOT.

Friday January 19, 2018 -- The Korean National Assembly approves the use of naval forces to bolster the NIPKORCAL commitment to the Point Barrow Government and the defense of the Aleutian Islands.

Beijing's response via the official Xinhua News Agency:

THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA CONDEMNS IMPERIALISM INTERFERENCE FROM NIPKORCAL AND CONDEMNS THE DECISION OF THE KOREAN GOVERNMENT TO FURTHER ANTAGONIZE OUR ALLIES IN JUNEAU.

IN RESPONSE, WE WARN THE KOREAN GOVERNMENT THAT ANY ENCROACHMENT IN THE INTERNAL AFFAIRS OF THE ORLANDO PACT WILL BE MET WITH AN EQUAL, PROPORTIONAL RESPONSE WITHIN THE INTERNAL AFFAIRS OF KOREA, INCLUDING DISRUPTION OF THE WINTER OLYMPICS IN OFFICIAL PROTEST OF THE ACTIONS OF THE CORRUPT NIPKORCAL ALLIANCE.

CCSCOM34: ARE FUCKING KIDDING ME, SPURRIER? YOU GONNA PLAY ME LIKE THIS?
CSAFEA11: SPENCER, I'M MEETING THE CHINESE AMBASSADOR IN 30 MINUTES. I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS. THIS SHOCKS ME TOO
CCSCOM34: YOU'VE PROBABLY HEARD THE CALIFORNIA RESPONSE.
CSAFEA11: THE CALIFORNIA RESPONSE?
CCSCOM34: YOU WILL

--- CONNECTION TERMINATED ---

Saturday January 20, 2018 -- SENTINEL antimissile batteries in Korea are placed on full alert.

-- The RGC Navy Arsenal Ship GCS Peggy Camejo is readied for deployment to Alaska to join the GCS Al Davis carrier battle group.

-- CSA Air Forces in Alaska are placed on a higher state of alert. Two additional squadrons from the Confederate States, both C-31 "Crimson Tide" squadrons will crash deployed to Alaska.

CCAA Roberts Space Center -- Cape Longstreet, Florida CSA -- 9:45am Eastern Confederate Standard Time -- Saturday January 21, 2018

"Dixie Radio Central Florida News at this hour. Confederate High Command Chairman Tommy Franks told RAYCOM News last night that the Confederate Gray Line, "Will not yield or forsake our Godly friends in Alaska. We will cowed by the Godless Yellow Menace of the warmongering NIPKORCAL gang of thugs in the Pacific. We will stand with Beijing and with Juneau!"

Colonel Justin Timberlake wheeled his Hendrick Intimidator toward the gates of Roberts Space Center, wincing at the news report.

He's been in training for the Shuttle Orbiter for over 7 months now. This is one thing he wanted more than anything. To fly the Shuttle. To pilot what he called the "Dixie Starship".

His mind was also looking ahead to next week. To a weekend away in Louisville. A weekend away at the Don Hutson Bowl.

A weekend away with.....her.

Her smile. Her voice...and yeah, her hips...Oh yes, her hips.

"Good morning Colonel," the guard at the gate said. "They need to see you at launch command ASAP. Get settled and see General Waters."

The Colonel was caught off guard. Today was supposed to continued EVA training. Even though he would be flying the shuttle, all space officers are trained to handle a space walk.

Instead he parked the car in the space officers lot and headed up to launch command.

General Waters and Flight Director Jurgen Glotzbach was there waiting.

"Morning Colonel," Glotzbach said.

"Morning flight," the Colonel answered. "Whats going on. We still on for spacewalk training."

"That and more Colonel."

General Waters started. "Colonel Timberlake, your unit, the 2nd Southern Gulf Squadron?"

"Yeah, that us."

"They are being deployed to Alaska on Monday."

Timberlake grimaced. "That's means training is over for now."

"No it doesn't, flyboy " Waters said as he handed Timberlake an orders jacket. "By emergency order you are being temporarily moved to Confederate Space Command."

Colonel Timberlake thumbed through the orders. "Special Duty?" he asked.

"You be part of the part of the flyover at the Don Hutson Bowl with the other members of the emergency team."

"Emergency Team?"

"You've been bumped up the order, Colonel. You are moved to emergency reserve crew for Shuttle Magnolia."

"Sir, ERC is activated in the event of...."

"That's right," Waters cut him off. "And we may be there."

"General, what's really going on?"

"Supermodel, I'm trying to figure that out. We are locked down tighter than a pastor's virgin daughter until we transport to Alaska"

"I wish I was going General."

"Makes two of us, but it sounds like you have bigger work there. Besides this'll blow over. It always does."

--- B5 AE F2 14 CE ENCRYPTED ---

"Charlie, this is gonna blow over isn't it?"

"I'm too scared to try to answer, H.G. I do know Spurrier is talking to our Chinese right now. But that ain't the worst problem."

"What is."

"Them people in Point Barrow have started sending messages home."

"Oh?"

"Some of the pilots and grunts they've captured. Them people are starting to show up on the DixieNet. And David Duke and the Preachers are talking about heads rolling.."

"Charlie, what do you know about Space Command."

"Space Command?"

"My squadron leader with the 2nd is in Cape Longstreet for orbiter training. When we got called up, he got converted to Space Command,"

Charlie shuddered.

"H.G.....Keep your head down. This smelly brown stuff hit the fan....the shits thicker now.."

A prison camp in North Alaska (Point Barrow Alaska Free State) -- same time

Flight Lieutenant Charles Whittington. Confederate Air Force 60th Frontal Aviation Squadron. Leesville, South Carolina CSA

"I hear we will see action there," Chuck said. "Some of their air patrol, army and navy are joining those damn eskimos who broke away."

The words played sardonically in his brain now. Ready to fly. Ready to flight.

Tiger group 2-6 tracking 5 inbounds at 17 miles and closing.

ALERT! WE GOT BANDITS!

The day started on patrol, it ended in combat. C-16s match against Alaskan F-36s

Charles got one, and then two more got the drop..

SOMEBODY SWING AROUND! HELP ME OUT! PICKED UP TWO!

MISSILE WARNING. MISSILE WARNING. MISSILE WARNING.

The missile hit with a glance blow. He wasn't a fireball. He was dead stick.

He ejected from the dying C-16. His ejection chute landed in Point Barrow territory.

He captured 6 miles behind the enemy lines.

"FLIGHT LIEUTENANT WHITTINGTON, CHARLES..." The voice bellowed. Taken him out of his thoughts.

He stared up from the dankness of the cell into the light, partially blocked by two men at the door."

"COME WITH US," the man, an Eskimo in fatigues commanded.

The two man dragged him out of the cell.

His boyish baby face was haggard and bearded. Since October 26th, he's been a captive at this place west of Point Barrow. To Lieutenant Whittington, it could have been anywhere. He didn't have idea where he was, except for the dank buildings, and the numbing Arctic cold.

The dragged him into the morning sun, and across the another building.

Inside the building were three men. Each in different uniforms.

The man at the desk spoke. "Whittington," the man said. "How would you like a shower and a shave?"

Whittington stayed defiant. "I'd love it. This beard isn't a hit with the ladies."

The man smiled. "Still cracking jokes, Whittington. You're a funny guy."

"I try."

"Whittington, you are within short distance of a shower shave and a trip back home to...South Carolina, I believe?"

Whittington stayed blank and cold. "When God sees fits for me to go back to South Carolina, I'll be there."

"Well God sees fit for you and your comrades to go home...In a sense..."

"How?"

"Well that depends on you...and how willing you are to cooperate."

"You mean, how willing I am to cave in to you. We are Confederate. We don't bow to you California fairies, or you Alaskans who let him whore you out from Sodom and Gomorrah. Whats its like to Jerry's Brown bitch?"

The man, himself Alaskan chuckled. "I was hoping you'd say that."

The two men grabbed him, and took him out of the room.

Whittington's defiance turned to fear.

"We got something special for you, boy."

They threw him in the room, and into a chair.

Whittington was placed in a room. Conduits attached to him.

"Electro shock treatment" Whittington laughed. "So what?"

A woman walked toward him. A dim light framing her shadow.

"Hello Confederate," she said.

"Hi," he said.

"Couldn't help but overhear what you said about Alaska being Jerry Brown's bitch?"

"You know how they are. You Alaskan?"

"No."

"You must be Californian," he said cruelly. "Your eyes slant."

"Yes they do," she said. She walked towards him. Her curvy hips swaying.

She came to him. He wondered what was in her hand..

She smiled. "You can slur me anyway you want, kitten. I'll still be nice to you."

She had with her a can of shaving cream, and a straight razor. She preceded to shave him.

Whittington was thrown off. It took her maybe 15 minutes, but she was precise.

"Feel your face." she said when she was done.

It was smooth. She put a mirror to his face. He looked like the day he entered the Air Academy. Fresh faced and younger than his 27 years.

"Now Lieutenant let talk you and I," she said sweetly.

"Talk about what?"

"Your plane...and your crimes."

"I committed no crimes."

"Yes, you have," she said in a mocking Californian access, "but like, m'gawd..We can fix that."

She played the cartoon of what Confederate believed about California for the minute, before she became pensive and serious.

"I am going to ask you a question. Each time you refuse to answer a question. I will slap you."

He chuckled. She responded. "I would advise against testing your strength. I'm bigger than you. I'm stronger than you. I'm more crazy than you, and I don't like you."

"As you Californians say...whatever."

She walked to him, and slapped him..hard

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!"

The palm of her glove impacted his face and he felt a sharp burning. A nasty burning. His nose detected a faint aroma of burnt flesh.

"First question," she said. "How does the C-16's target acquisition system separate differing targets at different altitudes and distances.."

"Like I'm gonna tell you that?"

-- smack --

"AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

"Lets try it again," she said.

"I see you are in tears at two slaps....So tell me Confederate...."

"Who's the bitch now?"

Sunday January 21, 2018 -- "A live shot here at Louisville International Airport for the arrival of the Charlotte Panthers, set to take on the hometown Louisville Brecks in the next weekend's Don Hutson Bowl..."

-- RAYCOM News 24 at this hour, on RAYCOM Sports...Live coverage of the Don Hutson Bowl arrivals for next week game...

No chance! No lie! I won't die for Bo Xilai!

DIRECT ORDER! TEAR GAS DEFENSES ONLY! CD NEUTRALIZATION FOLLOWED BY ARREST. KEEP INJURIES MINIMAL.

GET THAT GAWDDAMN RAYCOM CAMERA OUT OF HERE, NOW!

COMRADES! THE SUPPORTERS OF THE PEOPLE'S REVOLUTION ARE STANDING AGAINST CONFEDERATE MILITARISM AT THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE!

"Why aren't we leaving yet coach?"

"They say there's a disturbance near the airport."

An illegal protest as occurred at point in and around the University of Louisville. Hundreds have been arrested.."

This is Free Kentucky UniNet. A united group of students and citizens have begun what we call a week of protest here at the Don Hutson Bowl.

Why are our sons being mobilized now? Why? What happened to "2018 is a year of peace"?

Why are we exchanging war at home for war abroad over needless provocation on the part of the Chinese?

Why are we prepared to send our sons to die in Chechnya?

Who is actually in the control of the Orlando Pact? Why are we in it?

We will protest and agitate against any attempt of the government to use this week's athletic competition as the means to sell war.

We have been here before, and we will NOT stand for it here in Kentucky.

This is the Free Kentucky UniNet. We stand first for Kentucky.

to be continued.

Last edited:
Kentucky's path of getting people used to change, to overcome their fears, is a good way to winning hearts and minds and depriving the Confederate Government of popular support.

Kentucky's path of getting people used to change, to overcome their fears, is a good way to winning hearts and minds and depriving the Confederate Government of popular support.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Kurdish style guerrilla campaign conducted by Kentuckyians against the CSA.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Kurdish style guerrilla campaign conducted by Kentuckyians against the CSA.

Kentuckians

That's a question for Chip to answer, since he knows things about the ITTL history of the state, its relationship to the CSA, and the current political situation there that I don't know. Plus, he has the final say on what's canon and what isn't.

Right now, if this universe were real and I were a gambler, I'd bet on Kentucky sticking with the post-apartheid Confederacy. There's a small chance the state could seek to join the IRNA (especially if the CSA splinters) or go on its own.

Deleted member 82792

Why did Kentucky join the CSA in the first place? According to history, they fought for the Union in the ACW. Even if they didn't want to join the IRNA, they could have been neutral and independent.

i suspect for the same reasons it's neutrally didn't last during the ACW location would have been hard to stay apart of either side.

Don Hutson Bowl Week (con't) -- Tuesday January 23, 2018
aboard DIXIE TWO -- returning from the RGC 8:30am Eastern Confederate Standard Time -- Tuesday January 23, 2018

"Mister President, you need to be talking to the Chinese, now!"

"Steve, according to Xilai the Koreans are pressing them hard and Beijing had to answer."

"Mister President, you know and i know, Xilai threatened Korea, and the RGC diplomats let me know that Jerry Brown isn't pleased."

"I'm not worried about Jerry Brown..."

"Mister President, you should be."

Louisville City Hall -- Louisville, Kentucky CSA -- same time

Louisville Mayor Hal Heiner wasn't in a good mood.

He spent Sunday night managing student protests at University of Louisville and at the airport, perfectly timed for the arrival of the Charlotte Panthers football team for Sunday's Don Hutson Bowl SEC Pro Championship.

He spent Monday getting chewed out by Governor McConnell as the protests continued. He also spent Monday getting reports of arrests, civil disobedience, and rioting

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE," the voice of SEC Pro's commissioner bellowing. "Get your damn town together. This is why I had misgivings about putting this game in Louisville."

"What did Steadman Shealy think was going to happen?" he thought. "This isn't Atlanta or Birmingham! Even with the Brecks in the game, there's going to be some rancor."

"Don't they teach history at the University of Alabama? Hell, they don't teach it at UK and that's next door to McConnell!"

"Mister Mayor, there's a Colonel Barton..here to see you."

"Send him in."

"Another CSS guy. This time THE guy."

"Mister Mayor, good to see you again."

"Colonel Barton, back from Maine?"

"Only for a few weeks, they sent me back here for the ballgame. Needless to say I've had to read some people here the riot act."

"I take it that you are here for that."

Barton smiled. "No, Mayor Heiner. No. But I am here to ask a favor."

"What's that?"

"Keep a rein on the local police for the week. The same thing I always ask for. No overt actions. No overagression."

"In case you haven't notice Colonel, we have a big game this week and these actions have to be contained."

"And they will be," Barton said calmly, "But not by riots and cracking heads."

eight hours earlier -- Louisville Smoketown Negro Semi-Autonomous Zone

"Colonel Barton"

"Dunk."

"They said you were up being Captain CSA in Maine."

"I'm in town for the ballgame, Dunk."

"Oh yeah. Maybe the Brecks WILL win this year."

"I'm from Carolina, so you know I favor the Panthers."

"Might have guessed."

"Dunk. I'm calling the shots this week. Same as always. You act peaceably. We leave you alone."

"What about that raid Sunday night for somethin' my people didn't do."

"Dunk, I've worked on that. Those people will be driving a desk for awhile. But I need you to talk these student groups and have them keep calm for this week."

"I don't have any control over the SNCCs and 18s."

"Don't bullshit me, Dunk. They listen to you."

"What make you think I want to stop them, Colonel."

"Because if you don't they get hurt and your people get hurt. I don't want that."

"Colonel, we've already agreed to a number of concessions. Yet the harassment continues. We have no intention of any offensive acts during this week. We're Brecks fans, too and some of our play for them.

Unlike those Chinese, we aren't going to put allies at risk."

"But know this Colonel, when you head back to Maine? Your successors aren't following your lead, and that forces our hand."

"Help me out with the Eighteen and the Snickies, and I'll see to your concerns personally. I just need peace this week for sure."

"You may get what you want, Barton, but the price is high."

"Just help me out, Dunk."

"We'll see. You'll owe Barton."

"When have I ever stiffed you, black man?"

"I'm just waiting for the first time you do, Cissie man."

to be continued.

Last edited: