To minimise butterflies let's assume Clito dies 1128/29 with his heir born then. So the son or daughter is 5/6 when Henry I dies.
Things would be pretty bad in Flanders,I'd presume,given Clito's rule in Flanders was pretty unstable.

Even if Clito's son/daughter retains control of Flanders,I'd presume they would be a non-factor for the majority of the anarchy.Especially so if it's a daughter.Once Clito's son becomes fully grown however,it will probably be a three way war.Whoever marries Clito's daughter will probably be in the war as well.

I can't see any child of Clito keeping Flanders with Theodoric/Thierry still available.
A daughter would be useful for Matilda to marry to Henry or Stephen to marry to Eustace.
A son would be a threat to both Matilda/Henry and Stephen/Eustace.

I doubt the Anarchy would be affected at all; none of the Conqueror's younger sons wanted Curthose's line to inherit and they all actively worked against him. Both Rufus and Henry usurped their brother's throne and disinherited his son; there is no scenario in which Clito becomes king unless he somehow manages to launch some kind of French/Flemish-backed invasion, and it's extremely unlikely he'd have been able to do so.

In the case of the Anarchy specifically, Geoffrey and Matilda were pushing their own claim, which derived from Henry. Clito doesn't get a look in, and their followers (Robert of Gloucester and Geoffrey in particular) were extremely capable generals. Clito was not.

VVD0D95

Banned
I doubt the Anarchy would be affected at all; none of the Conqueror's younger sons wanted Curthose's line to inherit and they all actively worked against him. Both Rufus and Henry usurped their brother's throne and disinherited his son; there is no scenario in which Clito becomes king unless he somehow manages to launch some kind of French/Flemish-backed invasion, and it's extremely unlikely he'd have been able to do so.

In the case of the Anarchy specifically, Geoffrey and Matilda were pushing their own claim, which derived from Henry. Clito doesn't get a look in, and their followers (Robert of Gloucester and Geoffrey in particular) were extremely capable generals. Clito was not.
Could a third faction not develop that doesn’t want Matilda or Stephen on the throne?

Could a third faction not develop that doesn’t want Matilda or Stephen on the throne?
If Clito was still alive then it's likely Stephen or his older brothers aren't considered at all. Clito being a direct male grandson. And Clito alive probably means he's Count of Flanders and would have dispossessed Stephen from Boulogne thus Stephen would be supporting Matilda's claim against Clito. This changes the whole Anarchy!
With Clito already dead close to OTL then his heir is useful for any claims to Normandy or Flanders but probably won't affect the Anarchy much at all.

VVD0D95

Banned
If Clito was still alive then it's likely Stephen or his older brothers aren't considered at all. Clito being a direct male grandson. And Clito alive probably means he's Count of Flanders and would have dispossessed Stephen from Boulogne thus Stephen would be supporting Matilda's claim against Clito. This changes the whole Anarchy!
With Clito already dead close to OTL then his heir is useful for any claims to Normandy or Flanders but probably won't affect the Anarchy much at all.
Ah I see