WI : William Randolph Hearst is elected Governor of New York in 1906, President in 1932

I'll definitely be checking out the Hearst related chapters of Cinco for ideas/inspiration. Btw, what were your sources on Hearst's politics around this period? Most articles I find focus on his opposition to the New Deal and I want to capture the Progressive Hearst accurately.

I understand he was in the left wing of the movement but I must confess the nuances of being a left or right wing progressive is mostly lost on me.
A lot of Googling. For what it’s worth he was the only major newsman to endorse and full-throatedly support WJB in 1896, to give you a sense of what his politics in the early 1900s were like. He’d probably be a notch or two more mainstream than Bryan.

He didn’t really turn against the New Deal until he was almost 70 and extraordinarily wealthy after his inheritance upon his mother’s death, and his failing newspaper empire made him extra crotchety. He was a profoundly odd man, and his schizo politics reflect that