WI: Walt Disney's Legacy Tarnished by Scandal

Greenville

Banned
The Bill Cosby situation got me thinking of this. What if like John F. Kennedy books and printed articles were published in the years after Disney's death accusing him of underage and many instances of highly inappropriate encounters with members of his theme park staff, studio, and the general public going back decades? These encounters are all true.

What happens to the Disney Company brand in the wake of this type of scandal coming to light in the public after Disney's death?

You are assuming Walt would be capable of that. I've never heard anything negative about his personal life.

In the case of Jack Kennedy, it was an open secret covered up by the press. In the case of Bill Cosby, he managed to lead a double life for a very long time, until it collapsed spectacularly.

What POD would cause Walt Disney to act so out of character?

I thought you were going use the anti-Semite rumors and say they were true. Why did you use sexual assault?

You could have easily used his actual strike-busting and support of HUAC as something that could've easily damaged his image.

You could have easily used his actual strike-busting and support of HUAC as something that could've easily damaged his image.

Well, that stuff might damage his image if he were somehow still alive and running the company today, when Disney Inc. is trying to project a hip, liberal image(eg. threatening to boycott states that pass anti-glbqt laws). But I'm old enough to remember pre-Touchstone Disney(not that Touchstone is the only avatar of the corporation's modernity, just a noticable dividing point), and my general impression would be that the people the company was gearing its product to were the kind who would think striking workers deserve everything they get, and HUAC was, at worst, just a little overzealous in its otherwise heroic fight to protect America from Communist tyranny.