WI the Joseon Dynasty was restored after WWII?

Was it possible for the Yi clan to return to the throne in a restored Kingdom of Korea after WWII? From what I gather, Rhee Syngmun basically suppressed the royal clan and confiscated their property to preempt any attempt at restoring the monarchy so he could claim the title of 'Father of the Republic' and take control. And then there was Kim Il-Sung, who had absolutely no reason to put them back in power (but plenty to execute them).

However, would it have been possible to recreate a Kingdom of Korea in some form, whether just the southern half or the whole of Korea? How would people react to a dynasty that, while possessing its fair share of victims under Japanese manipulation such as Empress Myeongseong, had essentially been complicit collaborators since, such as Prince Yi Geon and Yi Wu (though the latter did maintain his Korean identity, so that's debatable).

The remnants of the royal Yi family was either assimilated into the Japanese aristocracy or were killed off. Unless they provide a serious help to the independence movement by sending a prince and leading the provisional government(a POD in 1919 which I tried to use years ago) there's basically no hope for them.

The remnants of the royal Yi family was either assimilated into the Japanese aristocracy or were killed off. Unless they provide a serious help to the independence movement by sending a prince and leading the provisional government(a POD in 1919 which I tried to use years ago) there's basically no hope for them.

Would any of them have been able to escape from Korea to form a government in exile then? Seems like the absolute best time to bolt was between the Sino-Japanese War and the Russo-Japanese War, before the Japanese hold on Korea became too tight.

But yeah, with the Yi family this closely integrated into the Japanese peerage, it's not hard for most to brand them collaborators and refuse to support them. This can change if a Korean prince successfully setting up a provisional government elsewhere, but he'd have republican and communist independence movements to compete with.

Would any of them have been able to escape from Korea to form a government in exile then? Seems like the absolute best time to bolt was between the Sino-Japanese War and the Russo-Japanese War, before the Japanese hold on Korea became too tight.

But yeah, with the Yi family this closely integrated into the Japanese peerage, it's not hard for most to brand them collaborators and refuse to support them. This can change if a Korean prince successfully setting up a provisional government elsewhere, but he'd have republican and communist independence movements to compete with.

The alt-his government I just mentioned would be then the government-in-exile, acting in for the Korean Empire. I doubt the'd try escaping between 1895 and 1904, that was their "golden era" as a matter of fact.

Alcsentre Calanice

Gone Fishin'
Can one of the Kims get mad and declare himself emperor after marrying a princess from the Joseon Dynasty?

A stalinist offical monarchy would be simply cool.

Can one of the Kims get mad and declare himself emperor after marrying a princess from the Joseon Dynasty?

And ASB. In the off-chance that one of the Kims over-smoked his weed and start doing something like that, the entire party would have his head roll. No questions asked.

Sir Chaos

Banned

Considering their ruling line is already worshipped as living gods or something of that calibre, I guess a princess of a mere imperial family would mean marrying far below their station.