WI: The Enterprise completes its five year mission (Star Trek survives for 5 seasons)

Who should be captain of the Enterprise-D in this timeline's TNG?

• Patrick Stewart (same as OTL)

Votes: 50 68.5%
  • Patrick Bauchau

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Yaphet Kotto

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Rutger Hauer

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Someone else (specify who in the comments)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Star Trek Exiles: Part VI
And now, the conclusion...

STAR TREK EXILES--PART 6

Maltz pondered his future. He was a man without a crew. All of his fellow warriors were killed by the human p'takhs who held him prisoner. What life was left for him either in the Federation or the Empire? In the Federation, he would be living on his knees, bowing in obedience to alien morals and that sky-blue flag that his commander Kruge hated with a passion. In the Empire, he would be viewed as committing a dishonorable act, being taken captive without at least resisting the humans. He was deceived by the human's commander, who spoke Klingon in Kruge's communicator; believing it was his lord, he beamed up Admiral Kirk, Spock, and the corpse of David Marcus, murdered (or in Maltz's view, ritually killed) by his comrades on the dying Genesis planet. Maltz was kept under guard by the Vulcan authorities until his fate was decided. He heard a beep on his prison cell door. It was a Vulcan female, T'Para. She ensured that Maltz remained in sedation for most of his time in confinement.

"Prisoner Maltz. You are to be released to Klingon authorities at 0700 Vulcan hours tomorrow morning. You now have access to your possessions and personal items."

"Thank you, Vulcan." Maltz casually gave the stone-faced Vulcan a wave. He found what he was looking for desperately, his d'k tahg, which was confiscated by the deceitful humans who captured him. He asked for the human's commander to kill him once he was alone with them but was refused his wish. Now, Maltz had his chance.

He glared at the dagger with a bloodlust. Knowing that he had no future, he picked up the d'k tahg and cut his forearm with the sharp end of the top of the blade. Dark purple blood slowly emerged from the wound. Maltz felt an adrenaline rush. The feeling of pain, which humans so desperately sought to avoid, was hardwired into the Klingon psyche as something to be welcomed. Pain was a part of Klingon training; warriors-in-wait were ritually slashed to prove their toughness. Even Klingon sexual intercourse involved pain more than what humans perceived to be pleasure; to the Klingon mind, pain was pleasure.

Maltz then aimed the dagger at his stomach, similar to the Japanese humans he read about who committed a form of ritual suicide called seppuku. The Klingons had an even simpler word for their ritual suicide: Soch. Klingon warriors who were captured and dishonored were expected to commit Soch; anything less would lead to a death far more painful from the feared mind-sifter. Maltz knew a couple of friends who perished via the torture device and Soch was preferable; it was at least at his own hand, and pleasure from the pain would result before his journey to Stovo'kor.

Maltz pointed his d'k tahg straight at his stomach. "Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam," he said. Maltz knew today was a good day to die. However, he did not see the Vulcan male who moved just behind him. As Maltz was about to drive the dagger straight into his abdomen, he felt a violent pulse of pain jolting through his neck. The last thing the Klingon warrior saw before he lost consciousness was the same human commander who deceived him grabbing the d'k tahg out of his hand before it entered his stomach.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back on Earth, Kamarag was still fuming. He felt like he did not receive a straight answer from Chancellor Gorkon. "Flexibility" was not a word most Klingons were comfortable with. Roughly translated into loSwI', Klingon chancellors were not supposed to be wishy-washy. Kamarag was pleased with Gorkon's willingness to prepare the next-generation Birds of Prey but did not believe that one lowly foot-soldier returned to the Empire was a fair trade for a significant reduction in Admiral Kirk's punishment. Kor and Kang were still sitting in a Federation penal colony for a lesser crime than what he believed Kirk committed by concealing Project Genesis. Kamarag marched to the Federation Council chamber, which was about to enter special session due to the mysterious signal emanating from his empire, moving towards Earth.

Immediately after President Roth gaveled the Council into session, Kamarag interrupted the proceedings. "You are honestly going to mitigate Admiral Kirk's crimes in exchange for one Klingon prisoner? That is completely unfair and you know it."

President Roth was having none of Kamarag's nonsense. "The Klingon Empire entering Federation space and destroying a peaceful science vessel is a violation of the treaty of Altair VI. Additionally, the prisoner chose to be killed by Admiral Kirk, who declined. Kirk spared the prisoner's life."

"If you know Klingon custom, the prisoner Maltz has no future. He would commit suicide either under the Federation's control or under our authorities. The pain Maltz is experiencing at the moment is a pain worse than death."

"Ritual suicide is forbidden in the Federation," Ambassador Sarek said. "It is one of the most illogical acts one could ever commit."

"Of course, the Vulcan puppet speaks," Kamarag growled. "I am filing a formal complaint with the Council. We will prepare for war if Kirk is not sentenced to life."

"I'm not certain your chancellor even wants a war," President Roth sternly shot back. "He is the first Klingon chancellor who is even considering peace with the Federation. I believe it is your job to negotiate that peace. Instead, you are threatening a war you know you will lose."

"The Federation will pay dearly for letting Kirk live as a free man," Kamarag growled again before storming out of the room.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chancellor Gorkon felt significant pressure from the hardliners on the Klingon High Council. They demanded he take action against the Federation for the disaster of being humiliated. The Federation successfully tested Project Genesis, which presented an unacceptable risk to the Empire's survival. Genesis could destroy all the Klingon planets, including Qo'nos, if the Federation developed enough devices. In conversations with President Roth, Gorkon was informed that Project Genesis was suspended, but Gorkon did not believe him. In response, Gorkon asked his engineers to develop a permanent cloaking device on the Birds of Prey. Current Klingon technology did not allow their vessels to fire weapons when cloaked, which was a disadvantage to their ships in combat with the Federation. If Klingon vessels could fire when cloaked, it would present an untenable situation for Starfleet and would give the Empire the upper hand in negotiations. Gorkon contacted Kerla, the brigadier general in charge of the cloaking device upgrade.

"We need to increase the speed of research and development," Gorkon said. "We only have a few months at the most before the Federation develops another Genesis device. We cannot allow the humans to unleash another doomsday weapon."

"Understood, Chancellor," Kerla replied. "It will take at least fifty percent of the scientists at the Klingon Science Institute to ramp up production."

"Get it done," Gorkon said.

"Qa'pla!" Kerla shouted.

Gorkon then contacted Kamarag back on Earth. "Ambassador, you filed the formal complaint with the Federation Council?"

"Yes, my lord." Kamarag felt a little sense of relief.

"We will complete the cloaking devices in two months. We are both suspicious of the earthlings' motives when it comes to Project Genesis. We will gain the upper hand on the Federation and force them into a peace unfavorable to them, a true peace that permanently protects the Empire from human expansion."

"Agreed, my lord. You sound like a Klingon chancellor." Kamarag intentionally tried to prod Gorkon, but the chancellor did not take the bait.

"My father taught me to prepare for all eventualities. We either make peace on our terms or we make war on our terms. Never let your enemy set the terms. Keep negotiating on Earth, Ambassador." Gorkon cracked a smile.

"I will press the Federation Council into accepting my demands. Kamarag out."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kirk and Spock returned to the Bird of Prey, satisfied with their handiwork. They, along with T'Para, planned out the prevention of Maltz's suicide. Now, with no dagger, Maltz could not kill himself in the method he desired, a method amenable to the Klingon honor code. This time, the entire crew of the late USS Enterprise met for the first time since Spock and Bones awoke from the fal-tor-pan.

"So we return to Earth in five days, and I am glad to report that our Vulcan friend, Mr. Spock, is almost back to his best." Kirk said.

"I would not categorize myself in that manner, but my physical and mental state have improved every day since the fal-tor-pan." Spock looked at Bones.

"Yeah, I remember when your soul was taken out of my brain. You only remembered me and Jim," Bones said with a chuckle. "You barely remembered the rest of these poor souls." The entire crew laughed."

"I fully recall each member of the crew," Spock replied.

Kirk took control of the conversation again. "So I hear when we return to Earth, Captain Scott and Commander Uhura are getting married. Is that so?"

"I cannot think of an odder couple, but I hope their marriage works out better than mine did," Bones said.

"We know Bones, it ended in disaster." Kirk turned to his doctor. "In fact, that is probably the reason you joined Starfleet."

"And to torture Mr. Spock," Chekov said.

"But anyway, back to Scotty and Uhura. I wonder when the love affair began?" Kirk chuckled.

"You'll never believe it, but back on the original Enterprise, before it was refitted," Uhura said. "I fell in love when Scotty showed me a faster way to fix my communications console than Spock."

"Uhura, I knew you had a thing for Spock," Kirk said. "In our early days on the Enterprise, I remember you serenading Mr. Spock on the recreation deck."

"Mr. Spock eventually got tired of my singing," Uhura said. "Scotty always loved my singing."

"Is that an insult directed at Spock?" Bones said.

"As a Vulcan, I have no ego to bruise," Spock could barely repress a smile, even as a Vulcan. The entire crew burst out laughing.

"So we're returning to Earth in five days," Sulu said.

"That is the plan. However, that mysterious signal is headed closer to Federation space. In a day, it is expected to cross the Klingon Neutral Zone." Kirk then turned to Uhura and Chekov. "We know that USS Saratoga is arriving in the signal's path and will intercept upon its arrival in Federation space."

"We still return to Earth, Chekov said."

"Does the entire crew agree," Admiral Kirk cracked a smile.

"Just give us the word, Admiral" Sulu said.

"And we'll send wedding pictures to your prison cell, I promise." Uhura's comment had the entire crew rolling around in laughter. Even the Vulcan science officer couldn't resist cracking a smile.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kirk still had one bit of unfinished business before his eventual trial and imprisonment. He contacted Carol Marcus, his old flame, and wanted one last conversation before she returned to Earth.

"Carol, you know I'll be locked up for ten years." Kirk placed his hand on Carol's shoulder.

"I won't have to deal with you for ten years. At least that's one positive that comes out of this situation," Carol joked.

"Will you contact me when I'm in confinement?" Kirk questioned.

"Probably not," Carol said. I want to stay on Vulcan.

"I understand. You want to remain close to David." Kirk said.

"I want to fix Project Genesis and develop it correctly, without the protomatter. David tried to speed up the process within the Genesis matrix and caused this disaster. The Vulcan Science Institute probably has the brain power to improve Genesis."

"Project Genesis is being shelved," Kirk said.

"What!"

"There is an intergalactic controversy," Kirk said in a matter of fact. "The Klingons and Romulans are threatening war because Project Genesis was developed in secret. They consider it a violation of the Altair VI treaty banning planet-destroying weapons."

"Project Genesis was meant for peaceful purposes," Carol said. "The Klingons want to use it as a doomsday weapon."

"The Klingons, as much as I hate them, have a point." Kirk frowned. "We both know there were elements within Starfleet that wanted to use Genesis as a weapon."

"It was my life's work. I cannot let it go," Carol said.

"You're letting me go when I go to prison," Kirk said. "You can let Project Genesis go too." Displeased, Carol Marcus stormed off.

In between his studies, Spock wanted to know about the power source soon to enter Federation space. He called Uhura, Chekov, and Saavik into a meeting in his quarters.

"Admiral Kirk is tasking me with the responsibility of determining the origin of this energy source," Spock said. "Unfortunately, he has other matters to attend." Spock turned to Uhura. "Commander Uhura, what more do we know about this power source heading towards Earth?"

"The source knocked out power to a Klingon substation near the Neutral Zone. USS Saratoga will intercept in ten hours." Uhura said.

"We do not expect Saratoga to successfully make first contact with the probe, but it doesn't hurt to try," Chekov added.

"I was considering joining you on this mission to Earth, even though I am currently carrying Spock's and my daughter," Saavik said. "I believe that placing the survival of Earth supersedes my duties as a mother in this instance."

Spock raised an eyebrow. "That is highly illogical, Lieutenant. I suggest you remain on Vulcan, where we believe that you and our child will remain safe."

"But..." Spock cut Saavik off.

"You are presuming that both of us will survive our encounter with the energy source. I believe the risk mitigation requires you to avoid undertaking this mission."

"You should also stay on Vulcan," Saavik retorted.

"That's never going to happen," Chekov muttered under his breath.

"It is illogical for me to order you to engage in a mission that will likely result in both of our deaths. It is also illogical for me to not undertake this mission because the crew needs a Vulcan science officer to provide them information that will solve the mystery of this energy source." Spock continued his train of thought. "Therefore, logic dictates that you remain on Vulcan and I travel with my crew to Earth in an effort to communicate with the probe."

"Understood," Saavik said, softly. "But I don't like it."

"Trust me, we'll all make it through this crisis," Uhura said. "Admiral Kirk and Captain Spock always find a way."

The probe continued its journey towards where it lost contact with the humpback whales. In the distance, it saw a ship shaped differently than the two ships it previously encountered. The probe correctly deduced that this ship was from Earth, the source of its child species. The probe changed course briefly to encounter this human ship, and wanted to communicate to it reasons as to why the whales were not responding to its hails...

So Exiles is done. Not a single phaser or photon torpedo fired in anger, and the only violent themes involved Maltz wanting to end his life. It required more skill to write that than my TMP fanfic earlier in the TL

So Exiles is done. Not a single phaser or photon torpedo fired in anger, and the only violent themes involved Maltz wanting to end his life. It required more skill to write that than my TMP fanfic earlier in the TL
Very impressive to do something like this. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda close to accepting this as part of my OTL headcanon but alas the butterflies probably prevent it from fitting too neatly into the OTL canon.

Very impressive to do something like this. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda close to accepting this as part of my OTL headcanon but alas the butterflies probably prevent it from fitting too neatly into the OTL canon.
I created too many butterflies to the canon earlier and more recently ITTL for it to fit smoothly into OTL canon--SI as a prominent part of televised 23rd century Trek and the Sherman's Planet war don't exist IRL canon.

Trek ITTL is far more politically charged than OTL. Relations between the galactic powers are explored in far more depth while I focus far less on weird outer space anomalies, god-like creatures and trippy time travel. In four years of Starfleet Intelligence mini-plots I don't think I've used time travel once

Last edited:
I like how the Klingon general is "we will allocate 50% of our scientists to solve this problem.". That's not how research works, but could totally see someone just bullshitting someone who doesn't know.

We have discussed this before, but with so much experiace of Star Trek among the writing team, production types etc then ITTL TNG is likely to come out very, very different to OTL. I suspect a lot will depend on how much Roddenberry, now he is in charge of TNG ignores the movies, S:I, etc and blocks those crews from working on TNG, sorta like he did for the movie staff in OTL- though having said that I cannot see Gerrold and Paramount letting him.

We have discussed this before, but with so much experiace of Star Trek among the writing team, production types etc then ITTL TNG is likely to come out very, very different to OTL. I suspect a lot will depend on how much Roddenberry, now he is in charge of TNG ignores the movies, S:I, etc and blocks those crews from working on TNG, sorta like he did for the movie staff in OTL- though having said that I cannot see Gerrold and Paramount letting him.
There are going to be far fewer trippy anomalies, weird timey-wimey time travel stories and godlike creatures aside from Q ITTL's TNG. I think time travel and weird anomaly crap leads to lots of deus ex machina resolutions, which I like to avoid.

I'm planning on creating a villainous character for TTL's Patrick Bauchau to play as a human/humanoid foil for Picard. I might not change the cast much (except for removing Beverly and Wesley and creating a slightly different backstory for Picard), but I'm going to put them into far different situations. I might flip Levar Burton and Jonathan Frakes and make Geordi Number One because ITTL an African American lead (Nichelle Nichols) led Starfleet Intelligence to great ratings, award wins, etc. Diana Muldaur's Dr. Pulaski is probably going to be the doctor for at least the first two seasons before (or if) I make the switch to Gates McFadden. There could be a teenage character in ITTL's TNG but it won't be Wesley Crusher (at least in the beginning).

The audience ITTL's 1987 is going to ask for more realistic themes and stories that mirror the world situation because of Starfleet Intelligence's success. If TNG doesn't start out all systems go it is going to get raked over the coals far worse ITTL than it did IRL. There can't be any "Code of Honor" or "Skin of Evil" type episodes; the audience will stop watching the show after stories like that...

David Gerrold is in charge of TNG ITTL, at least for season one. So Blood and Fire gets made and could be TNG's first two-parter. Gerrold in charge also means that DC Fontana will at least get through season one. Roddenberry was pushed upstairs for TTL's TNG, just like he was for the TOS movies. In exchange Roddenberry will get to make Star Trek V as a last hurrah.

Once I get through season one my challenge will be how to avert the 1988 writer's strike. TNG had to rehash several Phase II plots IRL to make enough stories to complete season two. TNG also ran out of money in its season two budget so they had to create the infamous "Shades of Gray," perhaps the worst season finale of any Trek series

Last edited:
Thank for Exiles @dsp19 - I liked that mini-series a lot, some great fictional politics there.

A thought on Part VI, the chat between the Enterprise crew seems 'unnatural' somehow? For example:

"Kirk took control of the conversation again. "So I hear when we return to Earth, Captain Scott and Commander Uhura are getting married. Is that so?"" - it seems odd Kirk would speak of his colleagues ranks when sat in an informal gathering?

Or "Mr. Spock eventually got tired of my singing," Uhura said. "Scotty always loved my singing." - that past tense seems odd, unless Scotty no longer likes the singing?

Also, just as a nitpick, you have speech marks in odd places or missing.

As a fan I suspect ITTL me and my friends would be discussing the heck out of Exiles and what it meant for Star Trek IV - presuming it reached UK TV before the movie!

I know we would be wanting more 23rd century Trek after S:I season 5 wraps up. Perhaps we will get an animated show between movies if They don't want to do more live action stuff?

I like how the Klingon general is "we will allocate 50% of our scientists to solve this problem.". That's not how research works, but could totally see someone just bullshitting someone who doesn't know.
The Klingons are not exactly known for their respect in all things scientific.

Not gonna lie, I'm seriously thinking this timeline's TNG has the potential to be better than OTL or even the Hensonverse despite its divergences from them. Intelligence and previous movies like TMP have shown a lot of merits so I have high hopes for this iteration of TNG.

There are going to be far fewer trippy anomalies, weird timey-wimey time travel stories and godlike creatures aside from Q ITTL's TNG. I think time travel and weird anomaly crap leads to lots of deus ex machina resolutions, which I like to avoid.
I'm kinda wishing Q gets butterflied but at least there's only one "godlike" being or species in TNG as opposed to TOS where there was a crap ton of them.

I'm planning on creating a villainous character for TTL's Patrick Bauchau to play as a human/humanoid foil for Picard. I might not change the cast much (except for removing Beverly and Wesley and creating a slightly different backstory for Picard), but I'm going to put them into far different situations.
Would Deanna Troi be a Doctor then? That would be a logical choice given her OTL position as a counselor. Perhaps ITTL Troi could be even more "McCoy"-like with her showing an empathetic and caring side to situations. I could also see people view her as the "motherly" figure aboard the Enterprise trying to keep the crew together in difficult times.

I might flip Levar Burton and Jonathan Frakes and make Geordi Number One because ITTL an African American lead (Nichelle Nichols) led Starfleet Intelligence to great ratings, award wins, etc. Diana Muldaur's Dr. Pulaski is probably going to be the doctor for at least the first two seasons before (or if) I make the switch to Gates McFadden. There could be a teenage character in ITTL's TNG but it won't be Wesley Crusher (at least in the beginning).
That could work but idk if I want Frakes as the Chief Engineer. It seems unsuitable for him. Personally, I might just makes him a Weapons Officer like Sulu was if we want someone like LaForge as Commanding Officer (Riker being a womanizer is also a huge parallel with Sulu).

I might be crazy, but a Barclay-type character as Chief Engineer might work wonders if explored properly, where he is extremely competent but lacks social experience due to his personality and previous career (or perhaps some kind of neurodivergent trait). Over time he gains a measure of confidence and trust with his crewmates over the course of the series.

Pulaski is a good alternative to Deanna Troi as a Doctor, but she would definitely introduce a different dynamic to the whole cast (maybe a more no-nonsense type of character).

I'm planning on creating a villainous character for TTL's Patrick Bauchau to play as a human/humanoid foil for Picard. I might not change the cast much (except for removing Beverly and Wesley and creating a slightly different backstory for Picard), but I'm going to put them into far different situations.
Looking back on TOS, I remembered how Kirk had serious beef with Kodos due to his personal experience witnessing the genocide on Tarsus IV. I'm kinda wishing we got the same dynamic where the main character/captain is chasing after some villain or tyrant out of a vendetta.

The audience ITTL's 1987 is going to ask for more realistic themes and stories that mirror the world situation because of Starfleet Intelligence's success. If TNG doesn't start out all systems go it is going to get raked over the coals far worse ITTL than it did IRL. There can't be any "Code of Honor" or "Skin of Evil" type episodes; the audience will stop watching the show after stories like that...
I can imagine TNG experimenting with early story arcs to keep audiences hooked, though I don't think they'll commit to season-long ones like Babylon 5.

David Gerrold is in charge of TNG ITTL, at least for season one. So Blood and Fire gets made and could be TNG's first two-parter. Gerrold in charge also means that DC Fontana will at least get through season one. Roddenberry was pushed upstairs for TTL's TNG, just like he was for the TOS movies. In exchange Roddenberry will get to make Star Trek V as a last hurrah
That's a huge plus.

ITTL's TNG but it won't be Wesley Crusher (at least in the beginning).
with roddenberry away from it never - wesley is roddenberry's alter ego/projection , even has his 2nd name.
Pulaski is a good alternative to Deanna Troi as a Doctor, but she would definitely introduce a different dynamic to the whole cast (maybe a more no-nonsense type of character).
i do like the original idea where Denise Crosby was counsellor Deanna Troi and Marina Siris playing Tasha Yar.
Diana Muldaur is a solid actress, could do more than a few seasons i think.

I can imagine TNG experimenting with early story arcs to keep audiences hooked, though I don't think they'll commit to season-long ones like Babylon 5.
you mean the dr who type of story arcs, B5 was one gigantic story arc even early episodes sometimes having references/foreshadowing for things to come in later seasons.
JMS worte the whole story out over 5 seasons, it later got compressed to 4 and then extended again to 5, which makes the last season feel a little different.

B5 was one gigantic story arc even early episodes sometimes having references/foreshadowing for things to come in later seasons.
JMS worte the whole story out over 5 seasons, it later got compressed to 4 and then extended again to 5, which makes the last season feel a little different.
Yes, I am aware of that, I just couldn't find a show that did a single arc over a large set of episodes like B5.

Yes, I am aware of that, I just couldn't find a show that did a single arc over a large set of episodes like B5.
(old) Dr Who is most famous for that with 3-4 episode arcs being the norm

and instead of otl actor list, so much has happened, could put in some wildcards.
Muldaur would make a good 2nd in command(or even a command role). but her playing longer would depend on avoiding of the otl situation.
of course could even more overboard, and replace Picard with a female captain

Last edited:
The Klingons are not exactly known for their respect in all things scientific.

Not gonna lie, I'm seriously thinking this timeline's TNG has the potential to be better than OTL or even the Hensonverse despite its divergences from them. Intelligence and previous movies like TMP have shown a lot of merits so I have high hopes for this iteration of TNG.

I'm kinda wishing Q gets butterflied but at least there's only one "godlike" being or species in TNG as opposed to TOS where there was a crap ton of them.

Would Deanna Troi be a Doctor then? That would be a logical choice given her OTL position as a counselor. Perhaps ITTL Troi could be even more "McCoy"-like with her showing an empathetic and caring side to situations. I could also see people view her as the "motherly" figure aboard the Enterprise trying to keep the crew together in difficult times.

That could work but idk if I want Frakes as the Chief Engineer. It seems unsuitable for him. Personally, I might just makes him a Weapons Officer like Sulu was if we want someone like LaForge as Commanding Officer (Riker being a womanizer is also a huge parallel with Sulu).

I might be crazy, but a Barclay-type character as Chief Engineer might work wonders if explored properly, where he is extremely competent but lacks social experience due to his personality and previous career (or perhaps some kind of neurodivergent trait). Over time he gains a measure of confidence and trust with his crewmates over the course of the series.

Looking back on TOS, I remembered how Kirk had serious beef with Kodos due to his personal experience witnessing the genocide on Tarsus IV. I'm kinda wishing we got the same dynamic where the main character/captain is chasing after some villain or tyrant out of a vendetta.

That's a huge plus.
I think my TNG writing will be better than my TOS writing because I have a better feel for the TNG characters. Sometimes I lapse into writing dialogue that fits better in TNG for Kirk and company

Some pictures of the Intelligence team
OIP.jpg

Saw this picture on Pinterest and this is pretty close to what I imagine Karlax would look like, but in the 24th century. So just get rid of the gray hair and that's Karlax in the 23rd century

OIP.jpg

Mikaela Marx (played by Cindy Morgan)

OIP.jpg

Nerva (the Romulan agent)

Last edited:
I think my TNG writing will be better than my TOS writing because I have a better feel for the TNG characters. Sometimes I lapse into writing dialogue that fits better in TNG for Kirk and company
If Will Wheaton is cast as Weasley will the other cast members learn of Will Wheaton Abuse on set thanks to his parents

I'm planning on leaving Wil Wheaton and Wesley out of TNG, at least for the first season or two
I'd be okay with Wesley if he was more of a background character (like say he's a cadet at Starfleet Academy instead of being on the Enterprise-D) and relative to one of the side characters (so he's only in a handful of TNG stories that are more serious in tone). Plus there's the possibility that he could return in a TNG sequel like an alt-Picard or alt-DS9.

I'd be okay with Wesley if he was more of a background character (like say he's a cadet at Starfleet Academy instead of being on the Enterprise-D) and relative to one of the side characters (so he's only in a handful of TNG stories that are more serious in tone). Plus there's the possibility that he could return in a TNG sequel like an alt-Picard or alt-DS9.
If he shows up he's definitely not going with the Traveler. The best Wesley story was in the 5th season when Picard lays into him in his famous monologue about the truth. Wesley tried to cover up an incident where another cadet died and he was involved in this risky flight maneuver. I always thought the best path for Wesley was to live up to his father's promise in Starfleet. The Traveler story was a bit of a copout.

October 1986 is a long update;

--More drama in Eastern Europe/USSR
--The 1986 Middle East war (another Arab-Israeli conflict) ends
--Star Trek IV is a month away
--Starfleet Intelligence's future is decided; does it get a sixth year or does it get cancelled
--Red Storm Rising could be 6 months away (March 1987 ITTL)
--US Midterms are closer

Last edited:
If he shows up he's definitely not going with the Traveler. The best Wesley story was in the 5th season when Picard lays into him in his famous monologue about the truth. Wesley tried to cover up an incident where another cadet died and he was involved in this risky flight maneuver. I always thought the best path for Wesley was to live up to his father's promise in Starfleet. The Traveler story was a bit of a copout.

October 1986 is a long update;

--More drama in Eastern Europe/USSR
--The 1986 Middle East war (another Arab-Israeli conflict) ends
--Star Trek IV is a month away
--Starfleet Intelligence's future is decided; does it get a sixth year or does it get cancelled
--Red Storm Rising could be 6 months away (March 1987 ITTL)
--US Midterms are closer
Maybe the best option is to just make him less annoying and less of an insufferable genius (closer to Jake or Naomi, an actual realistic kid). Also maybe got the originally planned route and have him actually be Picard's son as a result of an affair. That could help humanise Picard (give him a flaw) and also more reason to actually want to help out Wes (who had been an utter arse and troublemaker in pretty much all five episodes before he got "acting" status).