WI Simon Mann and friends succeed in GETTING to Equatorial Guinea?

I wondered that as well.
I have been there for my job. Compared to other west african countries, it is really poor, shabby, filthy. Main part is the island Bioko with the capital Malabo. It was to me as well the country with the most paranoia among, soldiers/police men or what ever the were, afraid as the top chiefs were for invasions by Nigeria or other African countries. This was long before Simon Mann and co. were arested in their plane in Zimbabwe
They were caring guns and some uniform.

The merchaneries landed with their airliner in Malabo as planed
Made rendevous, during the night, with their arms shipment which came by several small boats and then went full in to it. Capturing the main and only radio/ tele stations, and then high jack or kill, president Obiang and primeminister Tang together with some other pollice and military top men.
Probably the whole island was under control in 24 hours, the army and police are no match for well trained and organised merchanaries.
Then huge condamnation of African leaders will ocure...... but no action will made, it's africa.
Or Nigeria or Cameroun will take this oportunity to ''liberate'' the oil rich island, then it will be interesting.
Some puppet will planted in the presidential palace and lucrative oil deals will be made with the highes bidder. Of course with a generous fee for the merchaneries, and Mark Tatcher of course.