WI: Sigismund the Old, king of Poland, Lithuania, Bohemia, and Hungary

It's true, but on the other hand, the heart of the country isn't wrecked and given the fact Sigismund was one of the last persons who was able to do something significant with Polish crown (enacting czopowe tax without any consent from house of envoy's side, VR of Sigismund II - so Polish throne secured without cheap excuse: "oh but you can trust nobility to elect my son anyways") he would probably do alright job managing Hungary.
He should have better relations with Janos Zapolya than his brother had , although he is not going to marry his sister, who is his subject ITTL.

Still, it is not likely scenario.
Agreed

What are other brides he could marry?
Well surely someone older than 9 years old Barbara Zapolya. If the timing is right he could very well get Germaine of Foix as Isabella of Castile died at the end of November 1504 and Germaine and Ferdinand were engaged only in October 1505, else Catalina of Aragon, Joanna of Naples or one of the Bavarian nieces of Maximilian are all possibilities or another german princess like the one he was supposed to marry in OTL before choosing Barbara Zapolya (who was NOT his own subject)

How likely is this option? Makes sense from Sigismund's POD. In 1504 her sister is married to Emperor's son and expected successor.
Ferdinand offering either Catalina (if he renounce to the English match for her, who could happen if he has a valid alternative for her) or Joanna (his widowed niece) make sense… They have common interests on the Mediterranean Sea, a common enemy in the Ottomans and remember who Ferdinand at this point rule also Naples

Ferdinand offering either Catalina (if he renounce to the English match for her, who could happen if he has a valid alternative for her) or Joanna (his widowed niece) make sense… They have common interests on the Mediterranean Sea, a common enemy in the Ottomans and remember who Ferdinand at this point rule also Naples
Joanna was officially monarch of Castile, this is a problem.

Joanna was officially monarch of Castile, this is a problem.
And? Catherine‘s marriage would be in her father’s hand... Sure he will need to provide the dowry (but he will get back from Henry VII the half of Catalina's dowry already paid) … but the alliance who interest Hungary is with Aragon and Naples NOT Castile

@isabella is referring to Joanna of Naples, the niece of Ferdinand II.
And I explicitly said what Joanna she was… Excluding her madness Joanna of Castile would be married until September 1506 (and I can not see Sigismund already King waiting two years without an engagement) and then she was pregnant so would be off the table until recovered from Catalina’s birth

My mistake. I was thinking about wrong Joanna, maybe because Max really offered Sigismund his former daughter-in-law IOTL after death of Barbara Zapolya (which was bizzare).

Agreed

Well surely someone older than 9 years old Barbara Zapolya. If the timing is right he could very well get Germaine of Foix as Isabella of Castile died at the end of November 1504 and Germaine and Ferdinand were engaged only in October 1505, else Catalina of Aragon, Joanna of Naples or one of the Bavarian nieces of Maximilian are all possibilities or another german princess like the one he was supposed to marry in OTL before choosing Barbara Zapolya (who was NOT his own subject)

I'd say Joanna of Naples is likeliest out of these three.

And before suggesting Latin as primary court langauge (not law language, that's a bit different thing) - why didn't it become one at Austrian court?
Well Latin was the primary court language of the Hungarian court until the end of the 18th century when it finally was replaced by German initially. Also German wasn’t as dominant in the Austrian court as you seem to make out- Italian was also an incredibly prestigious language that was used on a daily basis in Vienna.

Hungarian wasn’t really seen as the “national” language of Hungary until the 19th century- while English had cemented itself as the vernacular of England and French as that of France, Hungarians were cementing Latin as their preferred language. So Latin is probably the primary language in which the nobility communicates across regnal boundaries- of the vernaculars though, the one that eventually becomes co official with Latin is probably a west Slavic one. Old polish is still in its earliest stages as a literary language, and Czech is a little more developed and prestigious, so I could imagine a reconvergence into a west Slavic court koine as polish orthography and vocabulary picks up Czech influence.

Well Latin was the primary court language of the Hungarian court until the end of the 18th century when it finally was replaced by German initially. Also German wasn’t as dominant in the Austrian court as you seem to make out- Italian was also an incredibly prestigious language that was used on a daily basis in Vienna.

Hungarian wasn’t really seen as the “national” language of Hungary until the 19th century- while English had cemented itself as the vernacular of England and French as that of France, Hungarians were cementing Latin as their preferred language. So Latin is probably the primary language in which the nobility communicates across regnal boundaries- of the vernaculars though, the one that eventually becomes co official with Latin is probably a west Slavic one. Old polish is still in its earliest stages as a literary language, and Czech is a little more developed and prestigious, so I could imagine a reconvergence into a west Slavic court koine as polish orthography and vocabulary picks up Czech influence.
Until 16th century Polish and Czech were often viewed as dialects of the same language. West Slavic languages could still merege into one at this point, like very diverse German dialects did.