WI: Settler colonialism Was Used Worldwide?

RousseauX

Donor
For Spain at least, they limited settlers to being from Castille and not Aragon. And I think ships could only leave from a tiny number of ports, mostly in Andalucía. Maybe if they didn't have those rules and allowed for all of Spain to settle while also allowing for all of their ports to be open to New World traffic you could see greater Iberian settlement early on in Spanish colonies?
This is already the case with Argentina which is much whiter than most other Latin American countries because of 19th century European immigration and one of the few which has a majority population identifying as white

OTOH most of Latin America is mestizo majority I think so all you would really be doing is shift what % of their blood comes from Spain I guess

This is already the case with Argentina which is much whiter than most other Latin American countries because of 19th century European immigration and one of the few which has a majority population identifying as white

OTOH most of Latin America is mestizo majority I think so all you would really be doing is shift what % of their blood comes from Spain I guess

The casta system was insanely complex but eventually with enough Spanish blood (or money) you became criollo

RousseauX

Donor
Oh please, it is extremely common to see threads here regarding Islam all across Europe, industrial China, etc.... Also, if you and others like you feel so annoyed at discussion on whites, start a thread regarding discussion of whatever you find appropriate. I for instance understand most people here are white westerners, so it makes sense that they discuss their history. Regardless, I have even started (never finished due to time) a tl that did not even mention Europe after pages of updates.

Also, do not get me started on how this site is filled with people seeking diversity, but when diversity knocks on their door, they are nowhere to be found.
yeah but when we talk about industrial China we don't get gems like "what if we trick all the stupid natives to undergo sterilization process to get Europe filled with 80% Chinese people because more Chinese people == good economy" either

oh yeah wasn't it 7/8 (at least on paper) qualifies you as being Creole?

Pretty much. Mestizo = 1/2 indigenous and 1/2 Spanish. Castizo = 1/4 indigenous and 3/4 Spanish (but if you looked it, you could be considered criollo). After that, castizo + Spanish = criollo.

the fact that you say this and a couple of posts later goes "what if we sterilize the natives for lebensraum because more whites == better economy" is kinda ummmm
This is not what i want.
What i want is get more places with South African look, independently if its Econmy Get Even Worst or Its Get better.
I dont Want Africa Asia too look Like the USA or Australia

People aren't idiots. In 1970s India the government tried this and it led to massove unrest- and that was with a reasonably popular government with some form of democratic mandate (however authoritarian Indira Gandhi was she wasn't a foreign autocrat).
People (yes even non-whites!) are not that stupid and catches on those things really fast
yeah but when we talk about industrial China we don't get gems like "what if we trick all the stupid natives to undergo sterilization process to get Europe filled with 80% Chinese people because more Chinese people == good economy" either
I Know that they wouldnt fall for it, it is just that i am tryingt to find a way to keep them alive but just with a lower Population.
Not the more Chinese people == good economy or more whites == better economy

I Know that they wouldnt fall for it, it is just that i am tryingt to find a way to keep them alive but just with a lower Population.

What about a tax on having more than two kids...? Sorta like China's One Child policy

This is not what i want.
What i want is get more places with South African look, independently if its Econmy Get Even Worst or Its Get better.

That's just South Africa's issues. And looking at Apartheid South Africa compared to, say, Brazil, South Africa definitely did worse overall. If you want a nation able to implement an Apartheid sort of policy, that's kinda hard considering how so much of Asia ended up as a graveyard for Europeans who traveled there.

And Africa is really the best place to make a large amount of whites. Asian states seem far more organised compared to African states, in terms of those in areas Europeans are most able to colonise and settle. Look at a climatic map and relate it to various empires and organised nations.

The "South African look" in many TLs is probably likely to end up mixed-race whites and Africans, like the Cape Coloureds. As I said, all of southern Africa south of the Zambezi is good land for Europeans (Portugal, say, could've gained it OTL), but more than likely, you'll end up with a bunch of Cape Coloured-looking people more than anything else. But sure, they could be economically like Brazil, without a doubt, though certainly with the same regional disparities as Brazil (the further south you get, the better off, the north is the poorest).

That's just South Africa's issues. And looking at Apartheid South Africa compared to, say, Brazil, South Africa definitely did worse overall. If you want a nation able to implement an Apartheid sort of policy, that's kinda hard considering how so much of Asia ended up as a graveyard for Europeans who traveled there.
Was Asia still consider a graveyard for Europeans in the begining of the Cold War?

Was Asia still consider a graveyard for Europeans in the begining of the Cold War?

That was after modern medicine emerged, but that's still too late. Then you have the emergence of nationalist movements throughout Asia and decolonisation. The Soviet Union and left-wing decolonisation was there, as well as Imperial Japan and their "pan-Asian" vision which with it's anti-European stance contributed to decolonisation regardless.

RousseauX

Donor
it doesn't help that much the OTL examples of mixed white settler/native society examples are basically Latin America and the result are at best varied and at worst some pretty big failures

The problem is that you are still running an extraction economy: you have a caste system where the more native blood you have the more you get extracted from: this isn't an institution suitable for long term economic development. This continues to be true even if you shift the % of white people from 10% to 20%.

RousseauX

Donor
This is not what i want.
Stop looking at South Africa: look at Botswana: a country where without apartheid or white settlers (yes, it's full of black people) but which has a booming economy because it escaped British imposed extractive economic institutions

The problem is that you are still running an extraction economy: you have a caste system where the more native blood you have the more you get extracted from: this isn't an institution suitable for long term economic development. This continues to be true even if you shift the % of white people from 10% to 20%.
Guess i must Find a Way to Change That
Them i Will be Back

Stop looking at South Africa: look at Botswana: a country where without apartheid or white settlers (yes, it's full of black people)
I dont have a Problem with it Being full of Black People

RousseauX

Donor
Guess i must Find a Way to Change That
Them i Will be Back

I dont have a Problem with it Being full of Black People
I strongly recommend the book "Why Nations Fail" by Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson btw, they have a real good chapter on Botswana and why it managed to avoid the fate of most subharan Africa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_Nations_Fail

your basic motivation is actually quite good (how do we prevent african economic development from being a mess between decolonization and at least the 2000s), and this has indeed being a question which a lot of people have tried to answer.

I strongly recommend the book "Why Nations Fail" by Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson btw, they have a real good chapter on Botswana and why it managed to avoid the fate of most subharan Africa

your basic motivation is actually quite good (how do we prevent african economic development from being a mess between decolonization and at least the 2000s), and this has indeed being a question which a lot of people have tried to answer.
I will

Faeelin

Banned

This book seems pleased with itself based on the Wiki. "North and South Korea have similar climates, so climates don't define economic growth."

That was after modern medicine emerged, but that's still too late. Then you have the emergence of nationalist movements throughout Asia and decolonisation. The Soviet Union and left-wing decolonisation was there, as well as Imperial Japan and their "pan-Asian" vision which with it's anti-European stance contributed to decolonisation regardless.
Also, the Europeans didn't really see a point in it anymore. The basis of colonisation was partly on a mutual relationship around goods being shipped in and out, but by that point, the output of the SEA colonies was absorbed by Japan, which sent back manufactured goods. So they were already pretty detached economically from the metropoles