WI: Scooby Doo-Style Revival of the Archie Franchise

• Thread starter Deleted member 177304
  • Start date

Deleted member 177304

The Archie Comics Universe, for better or worse, has managed to reinvent itself by reimagining It's characters in a darker context. The Scooby Doo franchise has similarly been able to reinvent itself in the Modern Age, but has stuck far closer to It's original formula . So what if the Archie franchise followed a similar path? There are countless straight-to-DVD Archieverse movies, several tv shows, and a couple of live-action movies that rework, deconstruct, subvert, or parody the traditional Archie formula, but more-or-less stick to it. How would it pan out?

The Archie Comics Universe, for better or worse, has managed to reinvent itself by reimagining It's characters in a darker context. The Scooby Doo franchise has similarly been able to reinvent itself in the Modern Age, but has stuck far closer to It's original formula . So what if the Archie franchise followed a similar path? There are countless straight-to-DVD Archieverse movies, several tv shows, and a couple of live-action movies that rework, deconstruct, subvert, or parody the traditional Archie formula, but more-or-less stick to it. How would it pan out?
Last time I checked, minutes ago by the time I'll hit "Post reply", the Archie Comics Universe was neither reinvented nor in need of revival...
It may have branched out, with things like the Archie Horror universe, Life of Archie volume 2 (and arguably volume 1), New Archie and
Riverdale, and evolved over time, but original flavour universe is still around.

Or are you specifically asking what if the Archie characters/universe had as many tv series and movies as Scooby Doo has?
Maybe having them as its main format, the way Scooby Doo has, which requires a clearer POD?

At its core, at least from what I recall, it's the Archie/Betty/Veronica triangle and that should be easy to get variations off of.

Sometimes it's serious, other incarnations it's friendly competition, in the 90s(is that on time or too soon) we get one with Betty/Veronica getting together, maybe the latest one might touch throuple as end game.