WI: Romulan or Klingon Voyager

How would a starship from the Romulan or Klingon empire handled being sent to the Delta Quadrant differently from Voyager? The respective ship is roughly comparable to Voyager.

Either one would make short shrift of the Kazon (who were technologically inferior to Voyager). They would probably not make it past the Borg however (no Scorpion proposal). The Klingons definitely not, although maybe the Romulans might seek an alternate route, as they're more familiar with the Borg.

Jasen777

Donor
Either one would make short shrift of the Kazon (who were technologically inferior to Voyager). They would probably not make it past the Borg however (no Scorpion proposal). The Klingons definitely not, although maybe the Romulans might seek an alternate route, as they're more familiar with the Borg.

Romulans and Cardassians wouldn't have stranded themselves in the first place. The Klingons, who knows, but if they did strand themselves they'd no doubt earn a glorious death before getting far.

From memory the transplanted Klingons may encounter the legacy D - 7 cruiser shown in 'Prophecy.' Now that would be an interesting meeting, and probably reinforce the perception of the Klingon exiles in the first place. Now could our theoretical Klingons treat their disease, that's another question.

The Romulans IMO would be more nuanced with their approach, and I don't know enough about the Cardassians to comment.

When you look at how Janeway conducted her crew I don't think it much different from how the Romulans would act. She was deceptive. EI appeared to be simply trying to get home but always somehow managed to get tangled in the affairs of the natives, all the while preaching about the ideals of her government. She stole tech, traveled illegally through numerous nations territory and murdered a fair portion of people along her journey.
The Klingons at least would have had the decency to simply say to people "Look we are dicks and want your stuff, we tried to deal. Honestly we did. But since you declined we are now forced to go through your space/steal your technology. Oh and you will probably wind up dead in the process."

When you look at how Janeway conducted her crew I don't think it much different from how the Romulans would act. She was deceptive. EI appeared to be simply trying to get home but always somehow managed to get tangled in the affairs of the natives, all the while preaching about the ideals of her government. She stole tech, traveled illegally through numerous nations territory and murdered a fair portion of people along her journey.
The Klingons at least would have had the decency to simply say to people "Look we are dicks and want your stuff, we tried to deal. Honestly we did. But since you declined we are now forced to go through your space/steal your technology. Oh and you will probably wind up dead in the process."

Good points, how do you think a Cardassian ship would have acted?

Good points, how do you think a Cardassian ship would have acted?
Well I think they would have just worked with the Kazon and killed the ocampa and tried to take the station (The name of it escapes me but the one in the first episode) and then when they failed, as seems to be the case with many Cardassian plots, the Kazon kill them.

You know I always found the Cardassians to be well... derpy in so many ways. Ranging from their starship construction, tactics, and diplomacy.

Never understood their appeal tbh.

You know I always found the Cardassians to be well... derpy in so many ways. Ranging from their starship construction, tactics, and diplomacy.

From what I've heard the Cardassian government was filled with corruption and thus the Galors (their main battleship, or as Star Trek Online players call them "Target Practice") were built as cheaply as possible. Hence why the Defiant in every fight with them was assured at least two Galor Kills.

From what I've heard the Cardassian government was filled with corruption and thus the Galors (their main battleship, or as Star Trek Online players call them "Target Practice") were built as cheaply as possible. Hence why the Defiant in every fight with them was assured at least two Galor Kills.
Forget the Defiant. The Phoenix went toe to toe with a Galor class. The Phoenix had no shields and inferior weapons range. It won. With no apparent damage...

Anyway, the Klingons get themselves killed pointlessly as soon as the first opportunity arises. The Romulans make it a while, but eventually are worn down and destroyed as they lack Janeway's psychopathy, her stupidly overqualified helmsman/nurse/sole-competent-engineer/commando, the ship's canary (Kim), and magic reset button to keep them alive.

On the plus side both of them shoot Neelix, so that's a plus.

Meanwhile with Janeway's still in the Alpha Quadrant there is nothing to stop her evil plan and by the end of the OTL show's era she now rules the Galaxy.

Assuming they did get stranded, the Romulans might at least have been able to get messages to their commanders and loved ones - they'd likely have had an easier time convincing Telek R'Mor to trust them, and since the receivers would be in the Romulan Star Empire he'd have an easier time arranging delivery after his death (I am assuming the Romulans do have something like the Temporal Prime Directive, if only due to the extreme dangers of unforeseen consequences).

I might be mistaken,but didn'T an episode of Voyger showed a Klingon old cruiser stranded in the Delta quadrant as well?One looking like , the TOS time Klingon cruisers.

Last edited:
Romulans would be interesting
One of less know civilization in Star Trek
Next Generation focus on Federation
Deep space Nine focus on Klingons
Voyager on Borgs
Enterprise had focus on Vulcans

Next to that has Romulan Bird of Prey space ship a unique power source
instead "burn" Antimatter in a Warp core, they use a mini black hole as power source.
and as bonus nice "Cloaking Device"

I don't imagine the Klingons and Romulans would be stupid enough to get stranded. They'd kill the Caretaker before he even attempts to strand them in the DQ.

Harlequin

Monthly Donor

They provide the same thing across most of DS9 as the Klingons did in TOS. A cookie cutter opponent that only needed some broad strokes of background. It would have been nice to see them properly developed but we'll have to settle for Garak, Dukat and that poet that went into exile on Vulcan.

I don't imagine the Klingons and Romulans would be stupid enough to get stranded. They'd kill the Caretaker before he even attempts to strand them in the DQ.

Would that really stop them from being stranded? I mean, its not like killing the Caretaker is going to get them back home, and the Klingons in particular would be too stupid to figure out how to spell Caretaker, let alone send themselves back to the Alpha Quadrant.

As for the Romulans, if Starfleet can't (or admittedly since Janeway was captain more likely won't) do it, I don't see them managing either.

That's not even addressing whether they COULD kill the Caretaker. He was vastly more powerful than them after all, and would have no inclination to help given these people are clearly evil dicks.

Voyager on Borgs
Enterprise had focus on Vulcans

Given these examples, do you really want it to be the morons behind these particular projects who flesh the Romulans out? :p