WI: Rich Homie Quan gets arrested on rape charges in 2014

Would probably kill the trap renaissance.
Young Thug would lose his success, Lil Yachty wouldn't have become a rapper, Lil Dicky wouldn't have become as famous without the Quan feature on Save Dat Money, Lil Uzi Vert, Kodak Black, and Desiigner wouldn't blow up.
Future would probably fade into obscurity.

Oh, Birdman and Lil Wayne never beef, and Carter V would already be out. Drake would be even bigger w/o distancing himself from YMCM. Tyga might grow in popularity.

I kind of associate the trap renaissance with all of those Juicy J features more than anything. As for Future, I can't see him go away so long as he keeps collaborating with Drake and whoever else. Still, the idea that Rich Homie Quan is that influential does intrigue me - I only really know him for Lifestyle and that Flex Ooh Ooh Ooh song.

I kind of associate the trap renaissance with all of those Juicy J features more than anything. As for Future, I can't see him go away so long as he keeps collaborating with Drake and whoever else. Still, the idea that Rich Homie Quan is that influential does intrigue me - I only really know him for Lifestyle and that Flex Ooh Ooh Ooh song.
the idea isn't that he's influential. the idea is that the media will crucify the subgenre he pioneered. and Juicy J isn't really part of the Trap Renaissance. As for future, he only became mega popular just before this would have happened so he could easily return to being known only for obscure hooks.

the idea isn't that he's influential. the idea is that the media will crucify the subgenre he pioneered. and Juicy J isn't really part of the Trap Renaissance. As for future, he only became mega popular just before this would have happened so he could easily return to being known only for obscure hooks.

I don't see it. Accusations against Chris Brown and R. Kelly never hurt R&B. And if it's a 2014 POD, you'd still pop artists like Katy Perry having huge hits with trap beats, so it's too late to stop it.

I don't see it. Accusations against Chris Brown and R. Kelly never hurt R&B. And if it's a 2014 POD, you'd still pop artists like Katy Perry having huge hits with trap beats, so it's too late to stop it.
Oh, your kind of confusing the modern trap subgenre of hiphop with trap music. Trap music is popular, but the autotuned gloomy style of hip hop over trap beats is the Trap Renaissance. and because the subgenre is alot smaller than a genre such as R&B, it's easily crucified.

Oh, your kind of confusing the modern trap subgenre of hiphop with trap music. Trap music is popular, but the autotuned gloomy style of hip hop over trap beats is the Trap Renaissance. and because the subgenre is alot smaller than a genre such as R&B, it's easily crucified.

I've heard that distinction made before, but I wasn't too sure what the implications would be, since I'm honestly not a big hip hop fan anyways. I still find it doubtful that a media frenzy would spring up around his music, though - when was the last time that kind of moral panic happened? Maybe with Columbine, but that mostly targeted music even farther outside the mainstream than this stuff. Plus, if you had that conversation, you'd need to face up to how much of modern rap and R&B is kind of rapey *cough* Robin Thicke *cough*. I guess U.O.E.N.O. might get dragged into the light again, but otherwise...

I've heard that distinction made before, but I wasn't too sure what the implications would be, since I'm honestly not a big hip hop fan anyways. I still find it doubtful that a media frenzy would spring up around his music, though - when was the last time that kind of moral panic happened? Maybe with Columbine, but that mostly targeted music even farther outside the mainstream than this stuff. Plus, if you had that conversation, you'd need to face up to how much of modern rap and R&B is kind of rapey *cough* Robin Thicke *cough*. I guess U.O.E.N.O. might get dragged into the light again, but otherwise...
was literally about to mention UOENO when you made your edit lol. That cost Ross a multi million dollar deal and ruined his career.

was literally about to mention UOENO when you made your edit lol. That cost Ross a multi million dollar deal and ruined his career.

I mean, yeah, but he was ruined for his own verse, not by association. I can definitely see RHQ not have a career again - although looking at Mystikal and Remy Ma, you never know - but the question is whether anyone else would get tarred just for making similar music to a felon.

I mean, yeah, but he was ruined for his own verse, not by association. I can definitely see RHQ not have a career again - although looking at Mystikal and Remy Ma, you never know - but the question is whether anyone else would get tarred just for making similar music to a felon.
as a relatively new, darker sounding subgenre it'd be an easy target. The subject matter doesn't help