WI: Reverse Mughals

Supposing we have an Indian Dynasty (speaking an Indian language and with a Dharmic state religion) invade and rule Iran for around the same time as the Mughals ruled India. When would be the most likely time for this to occur, and what would be the effects on Iranian culture? Would it be possible to see an Iran which converts from mostly Muslim to mostly Hindu/Buddhist? I feel like odds are highest in antiquity but who are the likely candidates for this in the medieval or early modern eras?

If you want these Persians or Iranians to Hinduism or Buddhists, best to invade before 600 AD. ... before the prophet Mohammed was born.

What if one of Genghis' hordes invades the Delhi Sultanate, somehow adopt Hinduism instead of Islam, and some time after these Dharmic Mughals attack the west.

Would it be possible to see an Iran which converts from mostly Muslim to mostly Hindu/Buddhist?
No . Iran isn’t going to become majority Hindu or Buddhist at best their a small minority that it . Also is there any social or geographical reason something like that not happened OTL ? I mean in all history it always seemed to go the other way with warlords and tribal confederacy going from Iran/ Central Asia Khorassan going to India . Possibly because people from there end up pressed by other nomadic group and forced to migrate in India ?

I'd argue it's more because nomadic and/or pastoral people find it easier to invade and annex territory from sedentary peoples than the other way around.

What if one of Genghis' hordes invades the Delhi Sultanate, somehow adopt Hinduism instead of Islam, and some time after these Dharmic Mughals attack the west.
You mean of chingis life time not happening
If it's the chagatai an invasion in the 1300s could work but then you would also need to prevent their spliting but converting ...nah