WI: President Robert Gates and the white supremacist war on terror

Alright, i think i got quite an idea here. As the world watches president elect Obama during his first inauguration, theres a successful terrorist attack on the site that kills everyone in attendence, the attack type im not certain about, whatever would work basically. But as the world watches in horror the signal is hacked by a man in a white KKK cloak, who claims that "we white people must take back our land, first America then the entire west." Along with a call to arms of all white supremacist organizations. The rest of the night is peaceful relatively speaking, of course Robert Gates is inaugurated and all that, but the next day things get even more heated up with all white supremacist organizations teaming up and doing terrorist shit

So what happens next? How does Gates handle the presidency? And whatever else.

Dude, he was a REPUBLICAN SECRETARY OF DEFENSE from TEXAS. What do you think he is going to do? Every white supremacist is going to shit bricks after they realize who he is (a REPUBLICAN SECRETARY OF DEFENSE from TEXAS)

First the World wonders how a bunch of inbred idiots managed to pull this off which gives birth to another conspiracy theory industry. After which President Gates directs the US government to focus attention on White Supremacist groups. Within a decade or less they have even less potency than they have now, hard as that is to imagine.

Society changes the quickest after disasters.
Assassinating the president gives KKK an opportunity to take power.
Bonus points if the KKK can blame some vague religious terror group for the assassination. Blaming is even easier if the "terrorist" group has a different skin colour.

Personally, I have difficulty distinguishing between Europeans, Arabs and South-Asians. As for trying to "racially profile" Latinos (Roumanians, Italians, Spaniards, Portugese, South Americans, Central Americans and 1/3 of North Americans) ..... Good luck!
Because Latinos come in such a wide variety of colours.
Hah!
Hah!

If you want a race war .... I really want to read the Apaches' side of the story: chasing off "un-documented immigrants" trespassers, drug smugglers, etc. Some of the clashes between experienced Apache cattlemen and "urban cowboy" KKK would provide fodder for a TV comedy series.
Hah!
Hah!

Moderators: if my remarks sound racist ..... I was trying to poke fun at all types of racist/religious fanatics. I have visited far too many countries to believe that any single race has a monopoly on smarts.

Society changes the quickest after disasters.
Assassinating the president gives KKK an opportunity to take power.
Bonus points if the KKK can blame some vague religious terror group for the assassination. Blaming is even easier if the "terrorist" group has a different skin colour.

How in God's name would assassinating President Obama give the KKK the opportunity to gain power? The US isn't a banana republic that has a history of military coups!

Dude, he was a REPUBLICAN SECRETARY OF DEFENSE from TEXAS. What do you think he is going to do? Every white supremacist is going to shit bricks after they realize who he is (a REPUBLICAN SECRETARY OF DEFENSE from TEXAS)

Also found out that he is a marine. A TEXAN REPUBLICAN SECRETARY OF A DEFENSE WHO WAS ONE A MARINE. WHITE SUPREMACISTS ARE DONE FOR. HELL, HE WILL BE SENDING TROOPS TO OTHER COUNTRIES TO TAKE OUT THEIR WHITE SUPREMACISTS.